Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 162
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Are you a prepper?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700
    Likes Received
    5704 times
    Likes Given
    5392

    Are you a prepper?

    I am kind of a prepper I guess. My full time home would be considered a bug out location to most preppers and I do have lots of ammo stocked up. I keep enough gas, propane oil etc to run my home for 6 months at least. I have food stores to last probably a year and I have a plan to divert a stream down the road to my land that would wash it out in short order. I'm not all about being a prepper all the time but it just makes sense to me to have enough resources to take care of yourself for a year or so if s*** hits fan. Anyone else in here consider themselves a prepper of any degree?

  2. #2
    geolib
    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,584
    Likes Received
    12178 times
    Likes Given
    9804

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    If I was convinced that blacks are waging a race war (which is being covered up by the media), I suppose I'd be a prepper too.

    Fortunately, I suffer from no such delusions.

  3. #3
    Light△Bender


    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    14,604
    Likes Received
    6112 times
    Likes Given
    6228
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    I am kind of a prepper I guess. My full time home would be considered a bug out location to most preppers and I do have lots of ammo stocked up. I keep enough gas, propane oil etc to run my home for 6 months at least. I have food stores to last probably a year and I have a plan to divert a stream down the road to my land that would wash it out in short order. I'm not all about being a prepper all the time but it just makes sense to me to have enough resources to take care of yourself for a year or so if s*** hits fan. Anyone else in here consider themselves a prepper of any degree?

    I've watched reality, prepper shows and find it fascinating but unrealistic for most people. It takes some land, resources and disposable income to invest. If I were wealthy, I'd definitely have a safe room in my residence and a "bug out" location, fully stocked and functional.

    When I saw how much food/water alone for 2-3 people and 6 months, it was staggering. I'm more concerned with either a solar flare, EMP or viral attack knocking out the power grid or an economic catastrophe, which both would cause rioting and roaming mobs looking for food, water and resources- gas, TP, etc. In that case if you could wait it out, several months, till some sort of civility could be restored, it'd be worth it. But for anything that is, ending the world as we know it, perpetually, I'm simply not young enough to fight it out.

    Now, I do have a firearm/ammo and a water filtering system used in the outback. Also some cash, plenty of batteries, flash lights, radios, oil lamps, Sterno for cooking and several weeks of canned goods. After that I'd be SOL.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #4
    WCH
    WCH is offline
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    TEXAS \m/
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,918
    Likes Received
    3279 times
    Likes Given
    619

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    If I was convinced that blacks are waging a race war (which is being covered up by the media), I suppose I'd be a prepper too.

    Fortunately, I suffer from no such delusions.
    What about grid failure or a biological outbreak that sets mankind back a few centuries among the many other possibilities?

    We've got millions who have no extra supplies of anything that would do whatever they needed to do to survive. It could get out of hand in a matter. of days.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #5
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Deep South
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    30,355
    Likes Received
    14545 times
    Likes Given
    13985

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    Honestly, I like having a nice life and it's a reason to live. If society went to **** and there is little to no comfort in this life, why would I want to prolong my existence?
    <+hemi770> the more the job pays, the less likely you'll be improving the world

  6. #6
    geolib
    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,584
    Likes Received
    12178 times
    Likes Given
    9804

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    What about grid failure or a biological outbreak that sets mankind back a few centuries among the many other possibilities?

    We've got millions who have no extra supplies of anything that would do whatever they needed to do to survive. It could get out of hand in a matter. of days.
    I'm good with guns and natural farming. I have extensive experience in combat tactics (82nd Abn, infantry) and the production of food on very limited resources (work and research in the developing world). I have close contacts throughout the world. I'm a rather strapping example of quality DNA. My intellectualism is without question. If the crap hits the fan, I will be the most valued commodity. I'm the guy you give the gun to and ask, "how do we survive".

    Now that's prepping.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 02-20-14 at 03:16 PM.

  7. #7
    WCH
    WCH is offline
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    TEXAS \m/
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,918
    Likes Received
    3279 times
    Likes Given
    619

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    I won't say what we have but, we can eat for several months, drink for a couple of months and put the hurt on anyone who tries to take what we have for an unspecified length of time. 8)

    I wish I was related to Sawyer.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #8
    Advisor Chocolate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    America!
    Last Seen
    08-02-14 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    529
    Likes Received
    277 times
    Likes Given
    112

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    I think it could be a neat hobby... I don't really think i'm a prepper though I do have a backpack full of supplys just in case there is a natural disaster :P people think i'm silly for it but I don't want to be scrambling around in case I need to get the fudge out and only have time to grab one thing

  9. #9
    WCH
    WCH is offline
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    TEXAS \m/
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,918
    Likes Received
    3279 times
    Likes Given
    619

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm good with guns and natural farming. I have extensive experience in combat tactics and the production of food on very limited resources. I have close contacts throughout the world. I'm a rather strapping example of quality DNA. My intellectualism is without question. If the crap hits the fan, I will be the most valued commodity. I'm the guy you give the gun to and ask, "how do we survive".
    Yeap we've got two military trained SILs and one daughter. My Wife and I are avid hunters. It's all a matter of getting everyone in the right place.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #10
    WCH
    WCH is offline
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    TEXAS \m/
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,918
    Likes Received
    3279 times
    Likes Given
    619

    Re: Are you a prepper?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    I think it could be a neat hobby... I don't really think i'm a prepper though I do have a backpack full of supplys just in case there is a natural disaster :P people think i'm silly for it but I don't want to be scrambling around in case I need to get the fudge out and only have time to grab one thing
    You are way ahead of the majority of people in this country. Congrats.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •