Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Bloomberg-Backed Pennsylvania Attorney General Convicted of Perjury, Conspiracy

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,908

    Re: Bloomberg-Backed Pennsylvania Attorney General Convicted of Perjury, Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    I would say so. I recall reading last year or so where a State refused- withdrew recognition of gun permits from a number of other States due to concerns over checks and such.
    This was then changed as the IIRC concerns were addressed.
    I would hazard a guess that not all permits from a State are recognized in the other 49??

    Quick search turned this up

    Have gun, won't travel: Which states won't honor your Alabama pistol permit | AL.com

    States Recognizing Florida License / Related Information / Concealed Weapon License / Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
    That would be Virginia. The home of Governor Terry McCauliffe, former campaign manager and dear friend of the Clintons. Withdrew all but one CC reciprocal. Fortunately our legislature overruled him.

    Also tried to produce 130,000 new democrat voters with the stroke of his pen. A judge turned that down, but still gave him 13,000.

  2. #12
    Guru Celebrity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    VT, USA
    Last Seen
    02-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,556

    Re: Bloomberg-Backed Pennsylvania Attorney General Convicted of Perjury, Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyW View Post
    She got off too light for this flagrant abuse by a public official.

    A judge sentenced former Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane on Monday to 10 to 23 months in prison for committing multiple felonies stemming from a politically motivated act of retribution.
    Former PA Attorney General Kathleen Kane gets prison term - CNNPolitics.com
    What do you mean, MickeyW?

    White collar criminals aren't considered bad, according to law.

    What do you think we should do, sterilize them? Just being cynical.

    After all, it's not like she violated anyone's body. Her abuses can't be considered that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Then, you can't complain about this.
    That's the thing about living in a free country, you don't get to pick and choose the rights you want protected. Either they're all protected, or none of them are.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Bloomberg-Backed Pennsylvania Attorney General Convicted of Perjury, Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    What do you mean, MickeyW?

    White collar criminals aren't considered bad, according to law.

    What do you think we should do, sterilize them? Just being cynical.

    After all, it's not like she violated anyone's body. Her abuses can't be considered that bad.
    It's was a total violation of her position and a big **** you, to the citizens of her state. She should have received a harsher sentence to send a message to liberal swine everywhere.

    The crime allowed for 12-24 years and she go a few months! Not good enough. she will be out of jail by next year. I just hope she never gets a job in the public sector again. She will probably be hired by that shyster Bloomberg and his anti gun group.

  4. #14
    Guru
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Bloomberg-Backed Pennsylvania Attorney General Convicted of Perjury, Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyW View Post
    It's was a total violation of her position and a big **** you, to the citizens of her state. She should have received a harsher sentence to send a message to liberal swine everywhere.

    The crime allowed for 12-24 years and she go a few months! Not good enough. she will be out of jail by next year. I just hope she never gets a job in the public sector again. She will probably be hired by that shyster Bloomberg and his anti gun group.
    I agree. Our political leaders that violate the law and the public trust need to be dealt with a lot harsher. I have sat in court rooms and seen first hand how our justice system deals one way with the poor and minorities while political leaders, and their buddies the rich and powerful get a slap on the wrist. An elected leader steals 100's of thousands of dollars and gets probation while the 19 year old black man gets 1 to 5 for 100 dollars. Just like police, elected officials should be held to a higher standard and dealt with even more harshly than a 19 year old. We need to send a message to all these criminals in office that we will not tolerate corruption and they will pay for your crimes and violating the public trust.
    “When choosing the lesser of two evils, always remember, it is still an evil.”

  5. #15
    Guru Celebrity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    VT, USA
    Last Seen
    02-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,556

    Re: Bloomberg-Backed Pennsylvania Attorney General Convicted of Perjury, Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyW View Post
    It's was a total violation of her position and a big **** you, to the citizens of her state. She should have received a harsher sentence to send a message to liberal swine everywhere.

    The crime allowed for 12-24 years and she go a few months! Not good enough. she will be out of jail by next year. I just hope she never gets a job in the public sector again. She will probably be hired by that shyster Bloomberg and his anti gun group.
    My point is, I don't believe there is minimum sentencing for white collar crime by government officials such as this former attorney general.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Then, you can't complain about this.
    That's the thing about living in a free country, you don't get to pick and choose the rights you want protected. Either they're all protected, or none of them are.

  6. #16
    Guru Celebrity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    VT, USA
    Last Seen
    02-25-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,556

    Re: Bloomberg-Backed Pennsylvania Attorney General Convicted of Perjury, Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by PIPEWRENCH View Post
    I agree. Our political leaders that violate the law and the public trust need to be dealt with a lot harsher. I have sat in court rooms and seen first hand how our justice system deals one way with the poor and minorities while political leaders, and their buddies the rich and powerful get a slap on the wrist. An elected leader steals 100's of thousands of dollars and gets probation while the 19 year old black man gets 1 to 5 for 100 dollars. Just like police, elected officials should be held to a higher standard and dealt with even more harshly than a 19 year old. We need to send a message to all these criminals in office that we will not tolerate corruption and they will pay for your crimes and violating the public trust.
    The justice system is designed to punish young people and minorities. We have seen that some of these minorities have been historically introduced to the avenues of political power. Unfortunately, some minorities abuse their political power and foster a sense of distrust among the general public, including other minorities.

    Here in the Northeast, I don't think we are particularly better situated to talk about punishing minorities and young people. I don't know for sure what the legal is like elsewhere in the US. But I have read stories about federal law and state law in places like the South, and it seems that we consistently punish people for being disadvantaged economically, or politically, while we neglect to punish people who may at some point retaliate against us economically or politically. Where the punishment of a successful person cannot be mitigated by economic, or political means, it is viewed as politically incorrect because of the virtue of success. Therefore, in America we not only reward and admire successful people, but we also fail to punish those successful people who are known wrongdoers.

    You have the secondhand experience at minimum. I believe that the US legal system has a chilling effect on people who would speak out against punishment. To that end, a liberal agenda does not reward those who criticize it. This permeates different aspects of society, from the Judicial system, to social justice warriors, to how we treat one another in everyday life. People are incredibly cruel to one another when they know they can get away with it. Political power which is granted in public office only magnifies the cruelty, and if this attorney general was indicted on conspiracy charges, then she was not alone. I wonder how we can root out the cause of this evil. All attempts to defend the American public against the tyranny of a corrupt government have failed, so we see that we dispersed and isolated populations of patriots remaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Then, you can't complain about this.
    That's the thing about living in a free country, you don't get to pick and choose the rights you want protected. Either they're all protected, or none of them are.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: Bloomberg-Backed Pennsylvania Attorney General Convicted of Perjury, Conspiracy

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    The justice system is designed to punish young people and minorities. We have seen that some of these minorities have been historically introduced to the avenues of political power. Unfortunately, some minorities abuse their political power and foster a sense of distrust among the general public, including other minorities.

    Here in the Northeast, I don't think we are particularly better situated to talk about punishing minorities and young people. I don't know for sure what the legal is like elsewhere in the US. But I have read stories about federal law and state law in places like the South, and it seems that we consistently punish people for being disadvantaged economically, or politically, while we neglect to punish people who may at some point retaliate against us economically or politically. Where the punishment of a successful person cannot be mitigated by economic, or political means, it is viewed as politically incorrect because of the virtue of success. Therefore, in America we not only reward and admire successful people, but we also fail to punish those successful people who are known wrongdoers.

    You have the secondhand experience at minimum. I believe that the US legal system has a chilling effect on people who would speak out against punishment. To that end, a liberal agenda does not reward those who criticize it. This permeates different aspects of society, from the Judicial system, to social justice warriors, to how we treat one another in everyday life. People are incredibly cruel to one another when they know they can get away with it. Political power which is granted in public office only magnifies the cruelty, and if this attorney general was indicted on conspiracy charges, then she was not alone. I wonder how we can root out the cause of this evil. All attempts to defend the American public against the tyranny of a corrupt government have failed, so we see that we dispersed and isolated populations of patriots remaining.
    A thoughtful post.

    Although I have seen many over the years in public office, who had their pee pee whacked pretty good. This bitch got her just rewards, for arrogance in liberalism.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •