Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ttwtt78640

Thread: Gun Range Regulations

  1. #1
    Sage

    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,565
    Likes Received
    30851 times
    Likes Given
    42517
    Blog Entries
    12

    Gun Range Regulations

    I had an argument with a guy yesterday who said he'd gone to a gun range in Illinois and was allowed to shoot on the range without an active FOID card. He brought his own guns (he's not licensed to own any, so the guns aren't registered). He was part of a group of nine vets who went to the range to have some fun.

    My position was that what he was doing was blatantly illegal, and the gun range was irresponsible and breaking the law by allowing him access.

    Was I correct? (Illinois)
    I'm reading a book on anti-gravity. I can't put it down.

  2. #2
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,015
    Likes Received
    11131 times
    Likes Given
    11860

    Re: Gun Range Regulations

    Why would the owner/opperator of a range have any reason to deny access to any adult? It seems that the crime of carrying/possession w/o the FOID disappears once inside an approved firing range. It also seems that the person must use their own ammo as the sale of ammo is illegal to an IL resident w/o a FOID.

    CARRYING
    It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm in any vehicle or concealed on or about the person, except on one’s land or in one’s abode or fixed place of business. It is unlawful to carry or possess any firearm on or about one’s person upon any public street, alley, or other public lands within the corporate limits of a city, village, or incorporated town, except when: an invitee thereon or therein; for the purpose of the display of firearms or the lawful commerce in firearms; or when on one’s land or in one’s abode or fixed place of business.

    Exceptions are persons using their firearms on established target ranges; licensed hunters, trappers, or fishermen while engaged in their licensed activity; transportation of firearms that are broken down in a non-functioning state or are not immediately accessible (e.g., in the trunk of a car); and transportation, carrying, or possession of a firearm which is unloaded and enclosed in a case, firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container, by the possessor of a valid FOID. Under the Wildlife Code, it is unlawful to have or carry any firearm in or on any vehicle or conveyance unless unloaded and enclosed in a case.
    NRA-ILA | Illinois
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #3
    Sage

    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,565
    Likes Received
    30851 times
    Likes Given
    42517
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Gun Range Regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Why would the owner/opperator of a range have any reason to deny access to any adult? It seems that the crime of carrying/possession w/o the FOID disappears once inside an approved firing range. It also seems that the person must use their own ammo as the sale of ammo is illegal to an IL resident w/o a FOID.


    NRA-ILA | Illinois
    Oh!!! Thank you!!! I was wrong in 2003 and again here.

    I tried to look it up and got lost in the length of the statutes. Appreciate your help.
    I'm reading a book on anti-gravity. I can't put it down.

  4. #4
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your left... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:26 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,526
    Likes Received
    6889 times
    Likes Given
    6412

    Re: Gun Range Regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Why would the owner/opperator of a range have any reason to deny access to any adult? It seems that the crime of carrying/possession w/o the FOID disappears once inside an approved firing range. It also seems that the person must use their own ammo as the sale of ammo is illegal to an IL resident w/o a FOID.



    NRA-ILA | Illinois
    How would an out-of-state resident who is merely driving through the state legally transport their weapon?
    "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

    You say "RINO" as if it's a bad thing.

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,015
    Likes Received
    11131 times
    Likes Given
    11860

    Re: Gun Range Regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    How would an out-of-state resident who is merely driving through the state legally transport their weapon?

    NON-RESIDENTS
    A non-resident is permitted to possess a firearm without a FOID if it is unloaded and enclosed in a case...
    NRA-ILA | Illinois
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    .


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,975
    Likes Received
    10808 times
    Likes Given
    15579
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gun Range Regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    How would an out-of-state resident who is merely driving through the state legally transport their weapon?
    Out of state residents are exempt by a court ruling.

  7. #7
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    101,709
    Likes Received
    30955 times
    Likes Given
    31434

    Re: Gun Range Regulations

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Out of state residents are exempt by a court ruling.
    that was the main thrust of the 1986 McClure-Volker FAOPA-te one the scumsucking asshole Bill Hughes tried to derail with his machine gun ban. The scumbags didn't like the fact they could no longer arrest say the Yale Shooting team driving through Boston to go to a shoot in New Hampshire
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?

  8. #8
    Amateur Philosopher

    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    4,259
    Likes Received
    1213 times
    Likes Given
    1867

    Re: Gun Range Regulations

    No FOIDS here!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •