Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

  1. #1
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,327
    Likes Received
    2006 times
    Likes Given
    2936

    Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    You have to look at this guys face!

    DENVER - A 23-year-old man who was beaten by three Denver police officers after he questioned their authority to search the trunk of his car says the Justice Department has decided not to charge any of the officers with civil-rights violations stemming from the case.
    7NEWS - Denver officers won't be charged in motorist beating case - Local Story
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,805
    Likes Received
    2111 times
    Likes Given
    929

    Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Police said Landau reached for Middleton's gun during the stop.

    The federal lawsuit ended in 2011 with a $795,000 settlement.
    Wonder what really happened.
    "The knowledge and prudence of the poor themselves, are absolutely the only means by which any general and permanent improvement in their condition can be effected." - Thomas Malthus

  3. #3
    Elitist as Hell.
    Einzige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-13-14 @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    2,432
    Likes Received
    880 times
    Likes Given
    16

    Re: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    One of the cops who beat Landau was fired for beating another fellow in the same year.

    Council considers settling with Alexander Landau who says he was beaten by Denver cops - The Denver Post

    Among the officers Landau sued is Randy Murr, who was fired in connection with the videotaped beating of Michael DeHerrera in Lower Downtown Denver in April 2009.
    A coincidence, surely. We all know that cops are just a victim of a smear campaign by Duh Media.
    I dip my forefinger in the watery blood of your impotent mad-redeemer (your Divine Democrat — your Hebrew Madman) and write over his thorn-torn brow, “The true prince of Evil — the king of the Slaves!”
    - Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right, 1890

  4. #4
    Sage


    Henry David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,953
    Likes Received
    2097 times
    Likes Given
    7992

    Re: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    Hardly news anymore in this country... The judiciary is as corrupt as the other branches. Torture Is Us.

  5. #5
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your left... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,676
    Likes Received
    7000 times
    Likes Given
    6501

    Re: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Hardly news anymore in this country... The judiciary is as corrupt as the other branches. Torture Is Us.
    People protect their own. Isn't really surprising.

    The only difference between now and 40 years ago is that now the information age makes these incidents more public.
    "Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

    You say "RINO" as if it's a bad thing.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,317
    Likes Received
    1133 times
    Likes Given
    137

    Re: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    Punks tramps that mouth off to cops should keep one thing in mind he or she may be five minutes removed from a a rape or a child beating so they just might not be in the mood to hear any slop from anyone.

  7. #7
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,917
    Likes Received
    6445 times
    Likes Given
    8456

    Re: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    The DOJ made the determination, so you know the so-called victim here is creatively editting events. Notice there's mention of him going for the gun of one of the officers.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    37,445
    Likes Received
    17870 times
    Likes Given
    2582

    Re: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    The DOJ made the determination, so you know the so-called victim here is creatively editting events. Notice there's mention of him going for the gun of one of the officers.
    If I were a cop beating the **** out of someone, I'd say the same thing too!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,760
    Likes Received
    4836 times
    Likes Given
    2652

    Re: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    Something is fishy here because the city settled in a lawsuit for over 3/4 of a million dollars. They would't have done that if there wasn't something behind the allegations of police misconduct. However, police misconduct isn't the reason for the DOJ investigation. They looked into civil rights violations and, apparently, found none. The claim that racial motivation was why the victim was beaten up is unfounded.

  10. #10
    pawn in the game of life

    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    06-20-14 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,725
    Likes Received
    763 times
    Likes Given
    580

    Re: Cops beat man senseless. Judge is OK with that

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Something is fishy here because the city settled in a lawsuit for over 3/4 of a million dollars. They would't have done that if there wasn't something behind the allegations of police misconduct. However, police misconduct isn't the reason for the DOJ investigation. They looked into civil rights violations and, apparently, found none. The claim that racial motivation was why the victim was beaten up is unfounded.

    Yep. Good post. Really isn't that complex. Does appear that a number of the responders on this thread didn't bother to even follow the <link>.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •