Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: China vs India, who will win?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 04:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    40
    Likes Received
    0 times
    Likes Given
    1

    Caution China vs India, who will win?

    I was annoyed by China's Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Con


    As an Indian guy, I was really annoyed by the behavior of Chinese netizens.
    Yesterday, i was annoyed by a post from a China media, which is so-called Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Contest, where they make comparisons between China and India.
    They think they easily beat India in 1962 and will do that in the future. Acoording to the netizens of China, India can be no match for China.
    I don't know why they said that! 'badboy'! I know that China is developing , but India also is. There are lots of poor people there. Lots of our Indian netizens has gone to there to beat back Chinese netizens already. I also did that. Even I am angry now!

    The following are some evidence i selected for us:

    [ame="http://forum.globaltimes.cn/forum/showthread.php?t=8671"][Sino-Indo] "Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Contest" recruits debaters - Global Times Forum--Discuss China,Discuss the world--The Most Open and Objective Forum in China[/ame]

    China and India, two Eastern giants with thousand-year of civilization, are playing increasingly important roles in international affairs. However, in recent years, the upgrading trade conflicts and tensions generated by border disputes have make this piece of Asian land a hotspot in world.


    Quote:
    In order to reinforce the civil communication and information sharing between Chinese and Indian netizens, Sino-Indo Special Column of Huanqiu.com initiates "Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Contest". The contest will start on December 1, 2009 on Global Times Forum. Debaters from China and Indian will have a hot discussion on key issues of mutual concern.

    We are looking for netizens from China and India who are interested in Sino-Indo issues to take part in the contest. We're looking forward to your participation!

    Please send your basic information (Name, E-mail, MSN, QQ, Location) to zhuliangliang@huanqiu.com We would like to read your comments on following topics first. If you would like to writte something please attach it in your E-MA


    Quote:
    Chinese, Indian Internet users to have lively debate
    Globaltimes_china news_chinese_news

    Related News:
    India's unwise military moves
    Is Dalai Lama's visit to Tawang not political?


    Should China resort to force to fight back India at this point?


    美智库:中国的“印度洋战略”
    Which country is most likely to launch a war against China?
    India is thirsty for American's advanced weapons to counter China
    Does peacefully rising China need to be checked and ballanced in East Asia Community?
    Should Google Earth Remove Map Notes in Chinese Language in Arunachal Pradesh
    Last edited by indianelephant; 11-16-09 at 05:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cheyenne WY
    Last Seen
    12-07-14 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,510
    Likes Received
    13981 times
    Likes Given
    7480
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    A debate contest and an honest clearing of the air between citizens sounds like it might be a good start to deflating tensions between the two governments, provided that the debate progresses in a courteous fashion.

    Unfortunately, my knowledge of Chinese and Indian history is extremely limited and it falls almost entirely in the early 20th century and earlier.

    A thread about historical Sino-Hindi relations would be a useful addition to our History sub-forum if you would like to start one.
    Viktyr Gehrig
    My blog.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Likes Received
    1621 times
    Likes Given
    1295
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by indianelephant View Post
    Related News:
    India's unwise military moves
    Is Dalai Lama's visit to Tawang not political?


    Should China resort to force to fight back India at this point?


    美智库:中国的“印度洋战略”
    Which country is most likely to launch a war against China?
    India is thirsty for American's advanced weapons to counter China
    Does peacefully rising China need to be checked and ballanced in East Asia Community?
    Should Google Earth Remove Map Notes in Chinese Language in Arunachal Pradesh

    This all looks strangely China centric. I think the best move would be for India to beat the crap out of China in soccer! Seriously though an internet discussion could be good or could be bad. Worth a shot.

    I have done lots of reading of the Hindu religion. I used to follow Sri Ramakrishna. My preference in Indian philosophy is Advaita Vedanta. One with Brahman. I work with both Indian and Chinese engineers and much prefer the Indian language over the Chinese language, which drives me bonkers.

    I'm rooting for you Ganesh!
    Last edited by reefedjib; 11-16-09 at 07:14 AM.

  4. #4
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cheyenne WY
    Last Seen
    12-07-14 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,510
    Likes Received
    13981 times
    Likes Given
    7480
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    This all looks strangely China centric. I think the best move would be for India to beat the crap out of China in soccer!
    The true battlefield of national pride.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Likes Received
    1621 times
    Likes Given
    1295
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    The true battlefield of national pride.
    I'm glad to see the US getting better, but we still have a ways to go before breaking into the elite level. The thing that burns me is the reception our national team gets in places like Mexico. I have heard reports of them throwing bottles and batteries and other objects at our team.

    To keep this on thread topic, how well does India do at soccer? Not cricket, soccer... I know China has been improving.

  6. #6
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cheyenne WY
    Last Seen
    12-07-14 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,510
    Likes Received
    13981 times
    Likes Given
    7480
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I'm glad to see the US getting better, but we still have a ways to go before breaking into the elite level.
    That's okay. We'll always have baseball. I'd prefer to see the US take a more prominent position in world soccer, but it's just not going to happen until it loses the stigma of being a "woman's sport" here.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Likes Received
    1621 times
    Likes Given
    1295
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    That's okay. We'll always have baseball. I'd prefer to see the US take a more prominent position in world soccer, but it's just not going to happen until it loses the stigma of being a "woman's sport" here.
    Ahh, yes. That's the price for having an elite level women's team!

  8. #8
    Dungeon Master
    Anti-constitutionalist

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    29,943
    Likes Received
    16525 times
    Likes Given
    16270
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I'm glad to see the US getting better, but we still have a ways to go before breaking into the elite level. The thing that burns me is the reception our national team gets in places like Mexico. I have heard reports of them throwing bottles and batteries and other objects at our team.

    To keep this on thread topic, how well does India do at soccer? Not cricket, soccer... I know China has been improving.
    they cant be worse at soccer than they are at cricket, but to be on topic, maybe they should sort it out by a soccer match, a cricket match and a martial arts contest, and whoever wins is better....and maybe the loser will resort to nuclear warfare

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Likes Received
    3005 times
    Likes Given
    14944
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    I think India will eventually win because more people there speak english and the issue of Taiwan will never go away. I mean the Brits gave them back hong kong and now they want Taiwan, too?

    Also I abhor the way china has treated Tibet.

  10. #10
    User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    05-18-10 @ 09:59 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42
    Likes Received
    6 times
    Likes Given
    0

    Re: China vs India, who will win?

    Quote Originally Posted by indianelephant View Post
    I was annoyed by China's Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Con


    As an Indian guy, I was really annoyed by the behavior of Chinese netizens.
    Yesterday, i was annoyed by a post from a China media, which is so-called Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Contest, where they make comparisons between China and India.
    They think they easily beat India in 1962 and will do that in the future. Acoording to the netizens of China, India can be no match for China.
    I don't know why they said that! 'badboy'! I know that China is developing , but India also is. There are lots of poor people there. Lots of our Indian netizens has gone to there to beat back Chinese netizens already. I also did that. Even I am angry now!

    The following are some evidence i selected for us:

    [Sino-Indo] "Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Contest" recruits debaters - Global Times Forum--Discuss China,Discuss the world--The Most Open and Objective Forum in China

    China and India, two Eastern giants with thousand-year of civilization, are playing increasingly important roles in international affairs. However, in recent years, the upgrading trade conflicts and tensions generated by border disputes have make this piece of Asian land a hotspot in world.


    Quote:
    In order to reinforce the civil communication and information sharing between Chinese and Indian netizens, Sino-Indo Special Column of Huanqiu.com initiates "Sino-Indo Internet Users Debate Contest". The contest will start on December 1, 2009 on Global Times Forum. Debaters from China and Indian will have a hot discussion on key issues of mutual concern.

    We are looking for netizens from China and India who are interested in Sino-Indo issues to take part in the contest. We're looking forward to your participation!

    Please send your basic information (Name, E-mail, MSN, QQ, Location) to zhuliangliang@huanqiu.com We would like to read your comments on following topics first. If you would like to writte something please attach it in your E-MA


    Quote:
    Chinese, Indian Internet users to have lively debate
    Globaltimes_china news_chinese_news

    Related News:
    India's unwise military moves
    Is Dalai Lama's visit to Tawang not political?


    Should China resort to force to fight back India at this point?


    美智库:中国的“印度洋战略”
    Which country is most likely to launch a war against China?
    India is thirsty for American's advanced weapons to counter China
    Does peacefully rising China need to be checked and ballanced in East Asia Community?
    Should Google Earth Remove Map Notes in Chinese Language in Arunachal Pradesh
    im sure the west would love to see you wipe each other out so they can maintain hegemony. in fact, this may be why the usa is selling weapons to pakistan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •