Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

  1. #1
    Heavy Hitter



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    72,656

    Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Give this a listen if you have a chance. I'm listening to it right now and may comment on it later.


  2. #2
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,048

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Give this a listen if you have a chance. I'm listening to it right now and may comment on it later.

    Thank you for posting this. It is fascinating.

    Two weeks ago I completed reading Bill Browder's book - Red Notice. He comes across in his book just as he does in the video you posted. He seems to be a very ethical and moral person. His story is astounding. The book is well written. It reads like a spy novel, but it is all true.

    For people who want to "give Russia a chance" I recommend they watch the video you posted and at least read Browder's book. Putin is a world class thug. Russia will not make the world a nicer and safer place under Putin.

    Great post, Calamity. Thanks.










    Somedays I stop and ask myself if it is going to be worth the effort of chewing through the restraints.


    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



  3. #3
    Heavy Hitter



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    72,656

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Thank you for posting this. It is fascinating.

    Two weeks ago I completed reading Bill Browder's book - Red Notice. He comes across in his book just as he does in the video you posted. He seems to be a very ethical and moral person. His story is astounding. The book is well written. It reads like a spy novel, but it is all true.

    For people who want to "give Russia a chance" I recommend they watch the video you posted and at least read Browder's book. Putin is a world class thug. Russia will not make the world a nicer and safer place under Putin.

    Great post, Calamity. Thanks.
    Just the opposite, I am afraid.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Western Mississippi
    Last Seen
    05-13-18 @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,592

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    There is a reason that Putin is regarded in a very negative manner worldwide. As such, it is very confusing as why POTUS bestows compliments on him at almost every opportunity.

  5. #5
    Heavy Hitter



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    72,656

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Vetplus40 View Post
    There is a reason that Putin is regarded in a very negative manner worldwide. As such, it is very confusing as why POTUS bestows compliments on him at almost every opportunity.
    Ignorance?

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    South Western Mississippi
    Last Seen
    05-13-18 @ 08:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,592

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Ignorance?
    I don't think so. POTUS has many bad qualities, but that type of international political ignorance isn't one of them. This goes deeper.

  7. #7
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Putin is truly monstrous (something that was perfectly evident to me prior to this video), and it is incredible that people here deign to run defense/interference for the guy, nevermind Trump.
    "The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it." -Alberto Brandolini

  8. #8
    Heavy Hitter



    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    72,656

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    Putin is truly monstrous (something that was perfectly evident to me prior to this video), and it is incredible that people here deign to run defense/interference for the guy, nevermind Trump.
    Yes. That is the worst part of this election/new president cycle.

  9. #9
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,397

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Thank you for posting this. It is fascinating.

    Two weeks ago I completed reading Bill Browder's book - Red Notice. He comes across in his book just as he does in the video you posted. He seems to be a very ethical and moral person. His story is astounding. The book is well written. It reads like a spy novel, but it is all true.

    For people who want to "give Russia a chance" I recommend they watch the video you posted and at least read Browder's book. Putin is a world class thug. Russia will not make the world a nicer and safer place under Putin.

    Great post, Calamity. Thanks.
    Gee, I tried that kind of OP once, and everyone complained that it too long and stupid to post...

    I am however going to watch the video so that I can competently talk about the issue.
    “The people do not want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  10. #10
    Sewer Rat


    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    25,048

    Re: Putin, Everything You Ever Needed to Know in an Hour

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Gee, I tried that kind of OP once, and everyone complained that it too long and stupid to post...

    I am however going to watch the video so that I can competently talk about the issue.
    It will be time well spent.










    Somedays I stop and ask myself if it is going to be worth the effort of chewing through the restraints.


    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •