Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

  1. #11
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,956

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    The Berlin Wall was to keep people in, not out.
    And guns are only made for defending yourself right?
    PeteEU

  2. #12
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,547

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    There don't appear to be any border guards.
    That is because there is not a hard border in between Germany and Denmark

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area

    In terms of freedom of movement its really no different from walking from Texas to new Mexico. The man is question could have crossed the border dressed as Mr Blooby and taught us a similar amount about the present situation.

    Dane is an Egit....
    Last edited by Red_Dave; 12-25-16 at 07:05 AM.

  3. #13
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,192

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And guns are only made for defending yourself right?
    Don't be silly.
    EVERY LIFE MATTERS

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    48,397

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    That is because there is not a hard border in between Germany and Denmark...
    Which is why the EU is doomed. People want their hard borders back.

  5. #15
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    03-23-17 @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,547

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Which is why the EU is doomed. People want their hard borders back.
    Soft borders have been the norm for most of history. And, have a look at Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands on a map and tell me that hard borders are a practical solution when at times you canīt drive more than 35 miles before you cross one.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    48,397

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    Soft borders have been the norm for most of history. And, have a look at Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands on a map and tell me that hard borders are a practical solution when at times you canīt drive more than 35 miles before you cross one.
    Well, times are changing. Soft borders seem to be causing a few unexpected problems.

  7. #17
    Progressive Libertarian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Anglosphere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,146
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    What if the Nationalist Right has been in control the whole time, and all of this "globalist liberalism" was all set up to fail - and thus increase their outwardly-pointed public image - by this ultra-nationalist syndicate from the very start?

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    48,397

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbazorkzog View Post
    What if the Nationalist Right has been in control the whole time, and all of this "globalist liberalism" was all set up to fail - and thus increase their outwardly-pointed public image - by this ultra-nationalist syndicate from the very start?
    No. Global corporations with no national loyalties have been in charge since the fall of Communism. Their objectives are simple: exploitation of resources, both human and inanimate, for profit.

  9. #19
    Progressive Libertarian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The Anglosphere
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,146
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    No. Global corporations with no national loyalties have been in charge since the fall of Communism. Their objectives are simple: exploitation of resources, both human and inanimate, for profit.
    The most powerful of these have originated in hyper-nationalist countries, however. Such as China.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    48,397

    Re: Dane Shows Us why the Nationalist Right will Win

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbazorkzog View Post
    The most powerful of these have originated in hyper-nationalist countries, however. Such as China.
    Aren't many of those run out of Taiwan and Hong Kong?

    The worst nationalists and racists I have ever encountered in business are the Japanese. No way a wide-eye ever gets to the very top levels in those corporations.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •