Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

  1. #1
    Guru Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-26-12 @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571
    Likes Received
    692 times
    Likes Given
    1026

    ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    So since ACA has been upheld, it is time to pull up our big kid chones and move on.

    So what I want to know is, what are the plans that will be on the exchange? What are the premiums? Do we even know yet?

    I have done a bit of searching, and I can't really find anything as its all bogged down with the ruling and then other questions being answered.

    I know my employer will not have to pay a penalty or offer insurance, as we only have 2 US employees. So it would be nice to know if I actually will get a better plan, since this is what I am told is supposed to happen.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    27,598
    Likes Received
    28128 times
    Likes Given
    39630
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    So since ACA has been upheld, it is time to pull up our big kid chones and move on.

    So what I want to know is, what are the plans that will be on the exchange? What are the premiums? Do we even know yet?

    I have done a bit of searching, and I can't really find anything as its all bogged down with the ruling and then other questions being answered.

    I know my employer will not have to pay a penalty or offer insurance, as we only have 2 US employees. So it would be nice to know if I actually will get a better plan, since this is what I am told is supposed to happen.
    You already have insurance, I assume. Your plan will have to meet AHA's minimum requirements. If it doesn't, the plan will be changed to meet those requirements. Your premiums, in that case, will undoubtedly go up. There ain't gunna' be any free lunches, of that you can be certain.

  3. #3
    Guru Aberration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-26-12 @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571
    Likes Received
    692 times
    Likes Given
    1026

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Yes I know my plan has to meet the AHA's requirements. That has nothing to do with what I asked.

    You get a free lunch of the lowest premium exceeds 8% of your income.

    I guess I will just have to wait for someone who actually is interested in addressing the topic. Gotta go to work anyways.
    Last edited by Aberration; 06-28-12 at 06:46 PM.
    “Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson

  4. #4
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    03-25-14 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,531
    Likes Received
    2402 times
    Likes Given
    1512
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    So since ACA has been upheld, it is time to pull up our big kid chones and move on.

    So what I want to know is, what are the plans that will be on the exchange? What are the premiums? Do we even know yet?

    I have done a bit of searching, and I can't really find anything as its all bogged down with the ruling and then other questions being answered.

    I know my employer will not have to pay a penalty or offer insurance, as we only have 2 US employees. So it would be nice to know if I actually will get a better plan, since this is what I am told is supposed to happen.
    First, it depends on your insurer, and what is required under ACA. That shouldn't be too hard to find and compare to what you get now. Add in that your insurer must cover any kids up to 26, must cover kids with pre-existing conditions they didn't before, that they can not limit your lifetime expenses, and your policy will go up. That jibes with the "affordable" part of "ACA"...

    And I wouldn't be jumping into those big kid clothes all that quickly, all of this is far from over.
    "No hypothesis ought to be maintained if a single phenomenon stands in direct opposition to it." - Lord Bolingbroke

  5. #5
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,347
    Likes Received
    493 times
    Likes Given
    1124

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    So since ACA has been upheld, it is time to pull up our big kid chones and move on.

    So what I want to know is, what are the plans that will be on the exchange? What are the premiums? Do we even know yet?

    I have done a bit of searching, and I can't really find anything as its all bogged down with the ruling and then other questions being answered.

    I know my employer will not have to pay a penalty or offer insurance, as we only have 2 US employees. So it would be nice to know if I actually will get a better plan, since this is what I am told is supposed to happen.
    All the plans will be the same min coverage since their is a price cap. Min coverage is all you need and covers everything with no limit.

    With you small employer, they will get tax credits to cover you, but if not here is your costs.

    Health Reform Subsidy Calculator - Kaiser Health Reform

    Depending on your income, its a max of 2% or 4 to 8% of pay.

    This calculator figures that. But with no Medicaid, if you are to poor, your screwed.
    Last edited by 274ina; 06-28-12 at 09:27 PM.

  6. #6
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,347
    Likes Received
    493 times
    Likes Given
    1124

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    First, it depends on your insurer, and what is required under ACA. That shouldn't be too hard to find and compare to what you get now. Add in that your insurer must cover any kids up to 26, must cover kids with pre-existing conditions they didn't before, that they can not limit your lifetime expenses, and your policy will go up. That jibes with the "affordable" part of "ACA"...

    And I wouldn't be jumping into those big kid clothes all that quickly, all of this is far from over.
    More LIES of the GOP. Premiums are a maximum of 2% to 8% of pay. 9.5% IF employer covers you.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    03-25-14 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,531
    Likes Received
    2402 times
    Likes Given
    1512
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    More LIES of the GOP. Premiums are a maximum of 2% to 8% of pay. 9.5% IF employer covers you.
    Link to such information? Proof that the 2% to 8% is not more than what Aberration already pays?

    If that is the case, then we yet again have another program from the left that soaks the rich for no reason eh? The more you make the more your medical care costs you. How quaint.
    "No hypothesis ought to be maintained if a single phenomenon stands in direct opposition to it." - Lord Bolingbroke

  8. #8
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,347
    Likes Received
    493 times
    Likes Given
    1124

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Link to such information? Proof that the 2% to 8% is not more than what Aberration already pays?

    If that is the case, then we yet again have another program from the left that soaks the rich for no reason eh? The more you make the more your medical care costs you. How quaint.
    it called the subsidy for HC costs and was the idea of the GOP in the Senate. REAL reform had cost control boards that would have HAMMERED EXTORSIONIST CRIMINAL Dr's of the USA.

    I have an OP with my HC links. You can also download HR 3590 as passed. Quite watching faux news. And learn to read.

    And as for the POINT .9% tax on the rich. it will not hurt your $300 million income to much!!!! LMAO.

    Real reform had a 5.4% tax. Now THAT would have been nice........LOL
    Last edited by 274ina; 06-28-12 at 10:16 PM.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    03-25-14 @ 09:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,531
    Likes Received
    2402 times
    Likes Given
    1512
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Quote Originally Posted by 274ina View Post
    Quite watching faux news. And learn to read.
    So the answer is no, you have nothing, thanks.

    Btw, when you tell someone to learn how to read, you should first learn to spell.
    "No hypothesis ought to be maintained if a single phenomenon stands in direct opposition to it." - Lord Bolingbroke

  10. #10
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,347
    Likes Received
    493 times
    Likes Given
    1124

    Re: ACA: What are the plans? Premiums?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    So the answer is no, you have nothing, thanks.

    Btw, when you tell someone to learn how to read, you should first learn to spell.
    Agian the GOP CONtard refuses to learn.

    Why do you like being a tool of the mega rich? Do they stroke your ego? Give you a few scraps? LMAO!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •