Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 69

Thread: Constitutional Rights -

  1. #11
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Substantiate, please, your opinion with fact rather than sarcasm and insinuation.

    Obama undertook and accomplished two major projects:
    *The first having pegged an exploding Unemployment Rate at 10% (handed to him by an incompetent Replicant PotUS), and bringing said rate back to historic levels of less than 5% despite no help whatsoever from a Replicant HofR. The consequence of which was to extend the pain and suffering of millions of unemployed 4 more years beyond that necessary. And,
    *He tried but did not fully succeed in extending HealthCare coverage to 16% of the American population, that previously had no such insurance whatsoever. Nonetheless, what they have now is access to much better than the indignity of none whatsoever because Privatized Insurance companies were milking a high-priced Cash-cow. They still are, because an ignoramus of an HofR would not allow a fully nationalized system as all other developed countries have adopted at much lower costs.

    Otherwise, your comment is like so many others on this forum - one-liners without factual evidence from those desperate to justify their electoral choice as PotUS ...
    Obamacare was a totally failure most would rather pat the penalty than pay the outrageous premiums ! Obama added more debt than ALL the presidents before him !!! Obama failed our Country and our troops !

  2. #12
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,600

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    Obamacare was a totally failure most would rather pat the penalty than pay the outrageous premiums ! Obama added more debt than ALL the presidents before him !!! Obama failed our Country and our troops !
    Oh, come off it. Enough of the Obama this and Obama that.

    Obama was gifted by Dunderhead Dubya THE WORST RECESSION SINCE THE GREAT ONE in the 1930s! Of course debt skyrocketed, as it would in any such circumstance.

    And, as the Employment to Population Ratio improves most of that debt will diminish. Like others in this forum, you fail to understand that failure to pay-off US debt does not mean other nations are going to come to repossess America. At the very worse, all that happens is that interest-rates rise so maintenance is more costly.

    In fact, other countries love to buy T-Notes the revenue of which is necessary for the US to balance its books.

    More over, if you really want to reduce the deficit, why not reduce that portion most responsible for it! Guess which one it is in this pie-chart of Non-Discretionary Spending:


    So, do answer the question, "What do you propose for reducing the humongous DoD spending that represents more than half of the total budget?

    I'm awaiting your answer with bated-breath ...
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  3. #13
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,782

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Oh, come off it. Enough of the Obama this and Obama that.

    Obama was gifted by Dunderhead Dubya THE WORST RECESSION SINCE THE GREAT ONE in the 1930s! Of course debt skyrocketed, as it would in any such circumstance.

    And, as the Employment to Population Ratio improves most of that debt will diminish. Like others in this forum, you fail to understand that failure to pay-off US debt does not mean other nations are going to come to repossess America. At the very worse, all that happens is that interest-rates rise so maintenance is more costly.

    In fact, other countries love to buy T-Notes the revenue of which is necessary for the US to balance its books.

    More over, if you really want to reduce the deficit, why not reduce that portion most responsible for it! Guess which one it is in this pie-chart of Non-Discretionary Spending:


    So, do answer the question, "What do you propose for reducing the humongous DoD spending that represents more than half of the total budget?

    I'm awaiting your answer with bated-breath ...
    And enough with it's Bush's fault !!!! Where is the 150 BILLION Obama gave to Iran in that top secret deal ???? Where is the 115 billion spent on ILLEGALS ????

  4. #14
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,600

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    INTELLECTUAL NERDS

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    And enough with it's Bush's fault !!!! Where is the 150 BILLION Obama gave to Iran in that top secret deal ???? Where is the 115 billion spent on ILLEGALS ????
    150B is a drop in the bucket compared to years and years and years of DoD budgets above $500B - and all for what? Our misadventure in Iraq, was it worth it? All it produced was ISIS (that was formulated in a military camp run by the US Army of ex-Hussein soldiers).

    I can nitpick arguments too!

    But that is not the point. The point is THIS:


    Since 1965, more than half a century ago, 40 million fellow-Americans (equivalent to the states of California and Idaho) find themselves below the Poverty Threshold, which is $24K a year for a family of four. And because they cant make their way out, they turn to "other means", which lead to this:


    As the stats keep telling us ... the US is not the nicest place on earth. And stats also tell us, "in fact it is highly dangerous place".

    But, who cares about statistics! That's for intellectual nerds!

    Isn't it ... ?
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  5. #15
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,600

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    And enough with it's Bush's fault !!!! Where is the 150 BILLION Obama gave to Iran in that top secret deal ???? Where is the 115 billion spent on ILLEGALS ????
    False! See here from "FactCheck.org": Trump's Fanciful Iran Negotiation - excerpt:
    In spinning a fanciful tale of how he would have negotiated a tougher nuclear agreement with Iran, Donald Trump betrayed a fundamental misunderstanding of who controlled billions of dollars in Iranian assets that were unfrozen as part of the deal. Trump incorrectly claimed that Iran’s money was held by the U.S.
    Trump lied his way into the presidency, and an Electoral College defied the Popular-Vote and allowed a defeated candidate to win. Hillary was defeated in the Electoral College* and yet won the popular vote by one of the highest margins in history of presidential elections!

    Seven months into his tenure and the country is sick, sick, sick of Donald Dork's antics. Moreover, this guy is going to lose the Right both houses of Congress next year. Mark my words ...

    *The Electoral College is and always has been a sham democratic election process. It is disproportional and highly manipulable. Uncle Sam would do better to rid himself of this dangerous handicap to a pluralistic democracy ...
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  6. #16
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    589

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    False! See here from "FactCheck.org": Trump's Fanciful Iran Negotiation - excerpt:

    Trump lied his way into the presidency, and an Electoral College defied the Popular-Vote and allowed a defeated candidate to win. Hillary was defeated in the Electoral College* and yet won the popular vote by one of the highest margins in history of presidential elections!

    Seven months into his tenure and the country is sick, sick, sick of Donald Dork's antics. Moreover, this guy is going to lose the Right both houses of Congress next year. Mark my words ...

    *The Electoral College is and always has been a sham democratic election process. It is disproportional and highly manipulable. Uncle Sam would do better to rid himself of this dangerous handicap to a pluralistic democracy ...
    I'm not sure where you intended to go with this thread, so you could elaborate on what you intended to say.

    I do think you are wrong about assuming that the people will jump on a bandwagon to change both Houses of Congress over Trump. The people cannot be depended upon to vote for Ds simply because the Rs don't have all the right answers. The Ds will have to come out with answers and solutions... and get rid of those embarrassments like Nancy Pelosi, Al Franken, John Lewis, Dianne Feinstein, Adam Schiff, Chuck Schumer, and Maxine Waters if they want the party to be competitive.

  7. #17
    Student Indian Giver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    11-21-17 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    186

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    In one month and Trump has done more than Obama in his do nothing 8 years , unless you count dividing the Nation !!
    America since January 20, 2017 is like the Dodgers - we keep winning.

  8. #18
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,600

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Resister View Post
    The Ds will have to come out with answers and solutions... and get rid of those embarrassments like Nancy Pelosi, Al Franken, John Lewis, Dianne Feinstein, Adam Schiff, Chuck Schumer, and Maxine Waters if they want the party to be competitive.
    Permit me to link you to the definition of the word that characterizes perfectly your above remark - ad hominem.

    Accusing the opposite side of the political-divide in America of being "embarrassments" is just sniping sarcasm. If you want, otoh, to make a cogent accusation that is debatable then go dig for it and write it up here.

    The US has the highest Income Disparity of any developed nation - meaning it is "unjust and unfair" in its distribution of income. And that does not mean that everybody should be earning the same salary.

    Incomes should show progressivity in order to be equitable - but Reckless Ronnie destroyed fairness when he changed Upper-income Taxation during his tenure. To please his many rich friends who supplied him the money to run for office ...
    Last edited by Lafayette; 08-06-17 at 07:48 PM.
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  9. #19
    Student Indian Giver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    11-21-17 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    186

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Permit me to link you to the definition of the word that characterizes perfectly your above remark - ad hominem.

    Accusing the opposite side of the political-divide in America of being "embarrassments" is just sniping sarcasm. If you want, otoh, to make a cogent accusation that is debatable then go dig for it and write it up here ...
    It isn't too hard to cite evidence that those individuals are embarrassments.

  10. #20
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,565

    Re: Constitutional Rights -

    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1 View Post
    When he walked on water you guys mocked him because you thought he couldn't swim ! Only 7.99 years to go try not to have your head explode .
    Who cares if Trump can swim, it's the establishment alligators that's gonna chew him up. It'll be a slow agonizing decent into shame and failure over the next 3.5 years OR hopefully much less. It'll be a bloody mess, but a warning to all future narcissistic, megalomaniac, pathological liars who consider running for president.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •