Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 224
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

  1. #161
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-07-13 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808
    Likes Received
    279 times
    Likes Given
    2

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    So since 1900 there has been warming, but it slowed down the last 15 years?
    And it might not be man made? So it might be man made?
    From the 1880's to 95 the average temperature raised by about 1.5 deg far. Since 1995 the termperature stopped raising. It actually went down. That's the problem the global warming gurus were all fired up about in their e-mails.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  2. #162
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142
    Likes Received
    688 times
    Likes Given
    4

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    From the 1880's to 95 the average temperature raised by about 1.5 deg far. Since 1995 the termperature stopped raising. It actually went down. That's the problem the global warming gurus were all fired up about in their e-mails.
    So you agree that there was global warming up until '95?


    The website[1] of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration contains detailed data of the annual land and ocean temperature since 1880.[2]

    Each of the last 12 years (1997-2008) was one of the warmest on record. These years could be the warmest years for the last several thousand years according to the temperature record, not just since 1880, but the most recent data is the most accurate
    Last edited by USA_1; 02-14-10 at 12:29 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  3. #163
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-07-13 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808
    Likes Received
    279 times
    Likes Given
    2

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    So you agree that there was global warming up until '95?


    The website[1] of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration contains detailed data of the annual land and ocean temperature since 1880.[2]

    Each of the last 12 years (1997-2008) was one of the warmest on record. These years could be the warmest years for the last several thousand years according to the temperature record, not just since 1880, but the most recent data is the most accurate
    I really don't know. there have been questions concerning the accuracy of the data, the placement of the temperature stations and the data itself. The raw data from the east anglia research center has, apparently, been lost/destroyed.

    Concerning the data from the noaa, I don't know. Assuming the data is correct, and assuming the data is accurate, two big unknowns, that would give us an average temperature increase of something like 1 deg far in the last century. It also means the computer simulations which mann bases his hockey stick predictions didn't predict the stall in temperature increase in the last 15 years or so. I find that significant.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  4. #164
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142
    Likes Received
    688 times
    Likes Given
    4

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    It also means the computer simulations which mann bases his hockey stick predictions didn't predict the stall in temperature increase in the last 15 years or so. I find that significant.
    The NOAA holds the position that the last twelve years were some of the warmest on record. I do believe NASA supports that position too.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  5. #165
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-07-13 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808
    Likes Received
    279 times
    Likes Given
    2

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    The NOAA holds the position that the last twelve years were some of the warmest on record. I do believe NASA supports that position too.
    Would that be the same NASA that is no longer exploring space but following Obama's directive to concentrate on global warming? Is that the NASA you are refering to?

    source

    Obama Is No Kennedy: Redefines NASA’s Mission As Global Warming
    Posted January 27th, 2010 at 4:11pm in Ongoing Priorities with 11 comments Print This Post

    Today, the Orlando Sentinel reports that President Obama will introduce a budget next week which will cut future exploration funding from NASA, including the planned missions to the Moon and Mars set in motion following the Columbia disaster. On first glance, this may appear to be a budget cutting move to fall in line with the drop-in-a-bucket spending freeze Obama has proposed. But it isn’t. In fact, NASA’s budget is increasing. So if NASA’s budget is increasing, why are exploration plans being put on hold? Obama is halting America’s exploration of the unknown so we can explore…global warming............
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  6. #166
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142
    Likes Received
    688 times
    Likes Given
    4

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Would that be the same NASA that is no longer exploring space but following Obama's directive to concentrate on global warming? Is that the NASA you are refering to?

    source
    NASA was a proponent of Global warming long before anyone even knew who Obama was.
    Global warming could indeed be the greatest threat to mankind. If it is then don't you think we should star addressing it, instead of wasting money on going to the moon again?

    http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/...023esuice.html
    Last edited by USA_1; 02-14-10 at 01:10 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  7. #167
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-07-13 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808
    Likes Received
    279 times
    Likes Given
    2

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    NASA was a proponent of Global warming long before anyone even knew who Obama was.
    Global warming could indeed be the greatest threat to mankind. If it is then don't you think we should star addressing it, instead of wasting money on going to the moon again?

    NASA - Top Story - RECENT WARMING OF ARCTIC MAY AFFECT WORLDWIDE CLIMATE - October 23, 2003
    I'm not willing to give up on space much less trash what's left our economy over the (possible) rise of 1 to 1.5 deg far over the space of one century. On this we are simply going to have to agree to disagree, once again, usa-1.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  8. #168
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142
    Likes Received
    688 times
    Likes Given
    4

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I'm not willing to give up on space much less trash what's left our economy over the (possible) rise of 1 to 1.5 deg far over the space of one century. On this we are simply going to have to agree to disagree, once again, usa-1.
    Where in the constitution does it say our government can use our taxdollars for space?
    I don't think we should trash our economy either. I believe the answer is not with carbon taxes but with technology and innovation. The money wasted for space could help solve the global climate change problem. Ignoring the problem or denying that it exists will accomplish nothing.


    Why do you people assume that just because we believe in global warming, we agree with the policies to address it?
    Last edited by USA_1; 02-14-10 at 02:11 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  9. #169
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    10,478
    Likes Received
    6099 times
    Likes Given
    8069

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Wow, three strawmen in one post.

    It's difficult to find anything else in the deniers' "arguments"
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially towards the end.

    Hi, I'm from Europe, where the history comes from.

  10. #170
    Guru
    bicycleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Old Virginny
    Last Seen
    04-08-14 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,552
    Likes Received
    746 times
    Likes Given
    649

    Re: Oh My God Global Warmingis Causing Snow

    Global warming is a farce all so the government can fool gullible people so they won't feel so bad paying out taxes to save the planet. Screw the planet.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •