Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 78
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

  1. #51
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,305
    Likes Received
    894 times
    Likes Given
    701

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I know men can get erections in the most improbable of places...but sticks and knives??...and six angry wives..

    He must have been a masochist..If I was a guy in that situation, my dick would have shriveled to peanut size!!
    You know the same argument could be made for women. They wouldn't get wet or have orgasms if they weren't excited by it. Now you and I both know that argument simply isn't true. Why do you assume that the equivalent would be true for the male? The fact of the matter remains that men can get an erection against their will, even while threatened with sticks and knives. Read the links I have in post #46. It's one of the things that can be traumatizing to a man, that he didn't want the assault yet still got an erection and had an ejaculation.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229
    Likes Received
    461 times
    Likes Given
    196

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    You know the same argument could be made for women. They wouldn't get wet or have orgasms if they weren't excited by it. Now you and I both know that argument simply isn't true. Why do you assume that the equivalent would be true for the male? The fact of the matter remains that men can get an erection against their will, even while threatened with sticks and knives. Read the links I have in post #46. It's one of the things that can be traumatizing to a man, that he didn't want the assault yet still got an erection and had an ejaculation.
    I can see it from the women's point of view...they were 6 and probably dominating the guy for the first time in their lives, seeing him humiliated..it's a very powerful emotion..especially if the guy was showing an exaggerated opinion of his importance, ability, etc

  3. #53
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,305
    Likes Received
    894 times
    Likes Given
    701

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    I can see it from the women's point of view...they were 6 and probably dominating the guy for the first time in their lives, seeing him humiliated..it's a very powerful emotion..especially if the guy was showing an exaggerated opinion of his importance, ability, etc
    Sorry I got lost as to the context of this post as a response to mine and what I said.

  4. #54
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cheyenne WY
    Last Seen
    05-27-14 @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,403
    Likes Received
    13898 times
    Likes Given
    7374
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by RGacky3 View Post
    exactly .... Also the guys joking here are assuming the women were attractive .... chances are .... they wern't.
    He married all six of them. It's safe to assume he at least found them attractive.

    And, also, that doesn't ****ing matter when they're using force.

  5. #55
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,100
    Likes Received
    9380 times
    Likes Given
    8010

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I decided to conduct an informal poll of guys I know and ask do they think they would be devastated and traumatized if they were the victim of rape at the hands of a woman as a woman would be at the hands of a man under circumstances with no physical injury, etc. as outlined above. So far with 100% unanimity, its a no, sometimes terminology I won't repeat other than to say enthusiastically no in cases. I contend as much as the politically correct culture would want us to believe there is no difference between men and women, advancing that men and women a just alike in some cases such as this one places women in danger because if actually believed it tells men that female rape victims will be just fine and in many cases only pretend its devastating possibly for appearances because they've been told however they imagine it would affect them, that's exactly how they should expect it to affect the opposite sex, something that is simply not true. We owe it to our ladies to tell men ladies are different and don't even think it because unlike us, the emotional wounds that result from rape are deep and unspeakably painful and promote PC nonsense over things that don't matter as much.
    As masquicat's post pointed out, I think men are pressured, when they suffer ANY kind of abuse, to laugh it off and pretend like they're big and tough and it was no big deal.

    I would wager that's the mindset most of the men you asked grew up with. I've seen accounts of male rape survivors at the hands of women, and believe me, none of them think it's funny.

    In my own life, I've seen men have negative reactions to sexual situations even when they aren't rape. Things like feeling rejected or like a bully if their partner doesn't seem enthusiastic, or feeling used if their serious partner doesn't seem interested in much else, etc.

    It seems pretty apparent to me that men have lots of emotions when it comes to sex. I wouldn't necessarily dispute that they're different -- I think they are, although I think some of that is social. But they certainly can be affected by sex, so it seems really strange to think they wouldn't be affected by rape.

  6. #56
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,518
    Likes Received
    1435 times
    Likes Given
    1892

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    As masquicat's post pointed out, I think men are pressured, when they suffer ANY kind of abuse, to laugh it off and pretend like they're big and tough and it was no big deal.

    I would wager that's the mindset most of the men you asked grew up with. I've seen accounts of male rape survivors at the hands of women, and believe me, none of them think it's funny.

    In my own life, I've seen men have negative reactions to sexual situations even when they aren't rape. Things like feeling rejected or like a bully if their partner doesn't seem enthusiastic, or feeling used if their serious partner doesn't seem interested in much else, etc.

    It seems pretty apparent to me that men have lots of emotions when it comes to sex. I wouldn't necessarily dispute that they're different -- I think they are, although I think some of that is social. But they certainly can be affected by sex, so it seems really strange to think they wouldn't be affected by rape.
    The only ones I've personally known were children and either same sex or relatives of the perpetrator. I don't have any personal knowledge of male rape victims I know who were adults and not also abused by a member of the same sex or a family member. Possibly this is due to the personal nature of such a crime. I was come onto really strong by a girl in college of which I'll spare everyone the details but it didn't go further than her kissing me unexpectedly.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  7. #57
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,305
    Likes Received
    894 times
    Likes Given
    701

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    The only ones I've personally known were children and either same sex or relatives of the perpetrator. I don't have any personal knowledge of male rape victims I know who were adults and not also abused by a member of the same sex or a family member. Possibly this is due to the personal nature of such a crime. I was come onto really strong by a girl in college of which I'll spare everyone the details but it didn't go further than her kissing me unexpectedly.
    Lack of personal knowledge doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. For that matter consider yourself lucky that no one you know, especially close to you, has had to go through such trauma. The studies and the reports are out there. If anything, male victim rape is even more under-reported than female victim rape because of such attitudes as has been seen in this thread.

  8. #58
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,518
    Likes Received
    1435 times
    Likes Given
    1892

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Lack of personal knowledge doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. For that matter consider yourself lucky that no one you know, especially close to you, has had to go through such trauma. The studies and the reports are out there. If anything, male victim rape is even more under-reported than female victim rape because of such attitudes as has been seen in this thread.
    I agree but although not wanted under any circumstance, I cannot personally imagine my own trauma being equally severe regardless of the gender of the perpetrator, whether the perpetrator was a family member or not or whether I was only a child or an adult at the time of the assault. Thankfully I cannot offer any first and knowledge but its just my best guess that being raped by a man, a family member or by an adult as a child would affect me more severely.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  9. #59
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,305
    Likes Received
    894 times
    Likes Given
    701

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I agree but although not wanted under any circumstance, I cannot personally imagine my own trauma being equally severe regardless of the gender of the perpetrator, whether the perpetrator was a family member or not or whether I was only a child or an adult at the time of the assault. Thankfully I cannot offer any first and knowledge but its just my best guess that being raped by a man, a family member or by an adult as a child would affect me more severely.
    Until it happens (and hopefully it won't) you'll never really know. And I think that there is a real a serious danger. When we "slough off" how severe our reaction may be as men being raped by a woman, we may well be setting ourselves up for a even more traumatic reaction. Women at least live with the threat as being a more real potential in their lives than we do, at least perceptionally. That is not to say that it is not traumatic or that each individual woman doesn't react with a different level of trauma. Much like an event can be more traumatic as a child than an adult, due to the difference in perception, so also do I think that we men can suffer a more traumatic reaction simply because we are inundated with such indifference towards us being rape victims.

  10. #60
    Imposition of miscellany

    NoC_T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,775
    Likes Received
    2071 times
    Likes Given
    3237

    Re: Husband Dies After Rape By 6 Wives

    Can a woman actually be charged with, and convicted of, rape? I know they can't in the UK.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •