Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

  1. #11
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I WANT FREE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And what's sad is there is probably a program facilitated by the government that'll give it to you. Just 'cause you want it, and you're the poor, downtrodden, abused middle class.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #12
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Unless Christie’s Pension Reforms are Enacted in 2011, New Jersey Faces Pension Fund Bankruptcy in 2018

    In 2010, Governor Chris Christie confronted New Jersey’s crisis of affordability by successfully enacting a strengthened property tax cap and a budget with no tax increases.

    In 2011, it is the government of the State of New Jersey itself – and not just its citizens - that may be facing a future bankruptcy. Unless the legislature enacts Governor Christie’s pension reform initiatives, New Jersey is certain at some point after 2018 to become the first state to file for bankruptcy of its pension funds under any future federal statute that gives states the power to file bankruptcy.







    So. You're either in favor of maintaining an underfunded pension plan as it is... or hoping for the DOW to top 20,000... or, in favor of massive tax hikes. Sweet.
    Thats another teaparty bullchit story...the legislature in NJ wont consider his pension reforms until he makes the two payments he owes that he hasnt paid that he used to to balance his budget, he owes the pension millions he hasnt paid
    New Jersey had the richest most solvent pension in the world until Christine Todd Whitman stopped making the states pension payments so she could lower taxs on the rich in NJ.
    New Jersey public workers pay 50% of their pension costs ALWAYS HAVE the state and munincipalities pay half. The pension is not broke it was broken by republicans INTENTIONALLY.
    Christies pension reforms come AFTER he gave corporate tax cuts and refuses to make his payments into the pension fund.

    The republican party has lost and will lose more republicans that arent rich fat cats.
    The teaparty has launched class warfare on the poor and middleclass for the benefit of the rich.
    On top of the attacks by teaparty govs you have the Federal teaparty spoiled brats attacking the middle class also...anything poor or middleclass...they cant afford were broke...public and govt employees make to much...the rich need mOAR tax cuts so the darlins can create jobs in china....big oil needs to keep their billions in taxpayer subsidies because its fair but pensions for govt workers..WE CANT AFFORD IT...its all a bs story.

  3. #13
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Thats another teaparty bullchit story...the legislature in NJ wont consider his pension reforms until he makes the two payments he owes that he hasnt paid that he used to to balance his budget, he owes the pension millions he hasnt paid
    New Jersey had the richest most solvent pension in the world until Christine Todd Whitman stopped making the states pension payments so she could lower taxs on the rich in NJ.
    New Jersey public workers pay 50% of their pension costs ALWAYS HAVE the state and munincipalities pay half. The pension is not broke it was broken by republicans INTENTIONALLY.
    Christies pension reforms come AFTER he gave corporate tax cuts and refuses to make his payments into the pension fund.

    The republican party has lost and will lose more republicans that arent rich fat cats.
    The teaparty has launched class warfare on the poor and middleclass for the benefit of the rich.
    On top of the attacks by teaparty govs you have the Federal teaparty spoiled brats attacking the middle class also...anything poor or middleclass...they cant afford were broke...public and govt employees make to much...the rich need mOAR tax cuts so the darlins can create jobs in china....big oil needs to keep their billions in taxpayer subsidies because its fair but pensions for govt workers..WE CANT AFFORD IT...its all a bs story.
    New Jersey has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the country. If you want jobs and businesses to provide jobs you have to be competitive. Lowering corportate tax rates encourages businesses to stay or to come into the state. It's simple logic..

    Link here
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Thats another teaparty bullchit story...the legislature in NJ wont consider his pension reforms until he makes the two payments he owes that he hasnt paid that he used to to balance his budget, he owes the pension millions he hasnt paid
    New Jersey had the richest most solvent pension in the world until Christine Todd Whitman stopped making the states pension payments so she could lower taxs on the rich in NJ.
    New Jersey public workers pay 50% of their pension costs ALWAYS HAVE the state and munincipalities pay half. The pension is not broke it was broken by republicans INTENTIONALLY.
    Christies pension reforms come AFTER he gave corporate tax cuts and refuses to make his payments into the pension fund.

    The republican party has lost and will lose more republicans that arent rich fat cats.
    The teaparty has launched class warfare on the poor and middleclass for the benefit of the rich.
    On top of the attacks by teaparty govs you have the Federal teaparty spoiled brats attacking the middle class also...anything poor or middleclass...they cant afford were broke...public and govt employees make to much...the rich need mOAR tax cuts so the darlins can create jobs in china....big oil needs to keep their billions in taxpayer subsidies because its fair but pensions for govt workers..WE CANT AFFORD IT...its all a bs story.
    Translation: REPUBLICNAS ARE EVIL! I HATE REPUBLICANS!

  5. #15
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    I WANT FREE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I not only dont want free money, i never took a free dime in my life....I got up and went to work everyday and did a job most cant qualify to do...I played by all the rules and paid my half of my pension BY FORCE..I had no choice. It was mandatory by LAW to pay into my pension and social security. I had no choice to invest my money on my own.
    Dont give me I want free money crap thats just another far right talking point

  6. #16
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    I would also like to know, of those in the "middle class" who feel victimized...how do you live? What exactly are you lacking in shelter, clothing, food, transportation, and medical care? What do you think you deserve that you aren't getting?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    New Jersey has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the country. If you want jobs and businesses to provide jobs you have to be competitive. Lowering corportate tax rates encourages businesses to stay or to come into the state. It's simple logic..

    Link here
    come on.. you know very well Republicans are evil and we should take his 'opinions' over the 'facts'... aren't you paying attention?

  8. #18
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    I not only dont want free money, i never took a free dime in my life....I got up and went to work everyday and did a job most cant qualify to do...I played by all the rules and paid my half of my pension BY FORCE..I had no choice. It was mandatory by LAW to pay into my pension and social security. I had no choice to invest my money on my own.
    Dont give me I want free money crap thats just another far right talking point
    No choice? Really? You couldn't choose another profession or find another locality? You couldn't take 2-5% of the left over money and invest it privately?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #19
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    come on.. you know very well Republicans are evil and we should take his 'opinions' over the 'facts'... aren't you paying attention?
    Well, hell. I forgot, corporations, rich people, and republicans are all evil. And the middle class is suffering in their 150k homes and 42k vehicles, and swimming pools.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #20
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Approval rating for Gov. Christie dips among N.J. voters, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Thats another teaparty bullchit story...the legislature in NJ wont consider his pension reforms until he makes the two payments he owes that he hasnt paid that he used to to balance his budget, he owes the pension millions he hasnt paid
    New Jersey had the richest most solvent pension in the world until Christine Todd Whitman stopped making the states pension payments so she could lower taxs on the rich in NJ.
    New Jersey public workers pay 50% of their pension costs ALWAYS HAVE the state and munincipalities pay half. The pension is not broke it was broken by republicans INTENTIONALLY.
    Christies pension reforms come AFTER he gave corporate tax cuts and refuses to make his payments into the pension fund.

    The republican party has lost and will lose more republicans that arent rich fat cats.
    The teaparty has launched class warfare on the poor and middleclass for the benefit of the rich.
    On top of the attacks by teaparty govs you have the Federal teaparty spoiled brats attacking the middle class also...anything poor or middleclass...they cant afford were broke...public and govt employees make to much...the rich need mOAR tax cuts so the darlins can create jobs in china....big oil needs to keep their billions in taxpayer subsidies because its fair but pensions for govt workers..WE CANT AFFORD IT...its all a bs story.
    What assumptions of earnings did the pension funds make?? Without knowing the answer to that question, you can't know who caused what when. Defined benefit pension plans are the biggest drain on taxpayer monies to come down the pipeline in a loooong time. These pension plans made assumptions of 8% return...made risky investments...then are asking taxpayers to make up the difference. Do your homework.

    WatchBlog: What Will the Public Pension, Health Gap be Now? $3 trillion? $5 trillion?
    Report: Detroit public pension funds have lost $480M in risky investments since 2008 | MLive.com
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •