Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Judgment Day coming in October

  1. #1
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Judgment Day coming in October

    Now This Camping Fool is saying it is gonna be in Oct Sat. was just an invisible judgment day and the real deal is coming in Oct. Someone please put this man in a nursing home or something


    California preacher Harold Camping said Monday his prophecy that the world would end was off by five months because Judgment Day actually will come on Oct. 21.
    Radio host now says Judgment Day coming in October - US news - Life - Faith - msnbc.com
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    I really wonder why this guy get's so much media attention.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  3. #3
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    California preacher Harold Camping said Monday his prophecy that the world would end was off by five months because Judgment Day actually will come on Oct. 21.
    Radio host now says Judgment Day coming in October - US news - Life - Faith - msnbc.com
    2 days before mother-in-law's day...

    That simply can't be a coincidence.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    2 days before mother-in-law's day...

    That simply can't be a coincidence.
    So the NFL lockout really isn't a big deal anymore
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  5. #5
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,802

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    Camping: "October on a Saturday, in a secret spot, only if you know the secret Holy Father handshake, facing a specific direction. Oh yeah, and you gotta be humming a certain tune by Root Boy Slim and the Sex Change Band, pre-80s. Simple as that. God, appearing secretly on the Food Network's Frappe de France special told me that the last time he was just f-ing with the non-believers, but this time he is not shucking and jiving. The heavenly message is on the bottom of the second page menu of that 16th century restaurant in Rouen across from the Joan de Arc museum or on the back half of NeHi orange bottles made in Augusta, Georgia in 1974. Rastafar-i, ire, ire."

    Yeah, sign me up.

  6. #6
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I really wonder why this guy get's so much media attention.
    I don't understand it either. What makes him so super special? I do not understand it at all. I feel bad for those followers that quit their jobs and stuff to spend time with family and it did not happen
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #7
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,647

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I don't understand it either. What makes him so super special? I do not understand it at all. I feel bad for those followers that quit their jobs and stuff to spend time with family and it did not happen
    Why? I think they should be publicly humiliated.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #8
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    I remember back in the 90s this same guy got on the radio and caused a little insanity. I remember some people would stay up till midnight every weekend waiting on this "rapture" to happen. I'm glad most people laughed it off last week. If his followers believe him this time around they should take a trip to the psych hospital.
    Vote John Schnatter (Papa John) 2012!

  9. #9
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Now This Camping Fool is saying it is gonna be in Oct Sat. was just an invisible judgment day and the real deal is coming in Oct. Someone please put this man in a nursing home or something


    California preacher Harold Camping said Monday his prophecy that the world would end was off by five months because Judgment Day actually will come on Oct. 21.
    Radio host now says Judgment Day coming in October - US news - Life - Faith - msnbc.com
    I don't see it as a big issue. The only ones that are hurt are those gullible enough to believe that the earth will end as we know it on a spefic date from this guy who has had at least two false predictions regarding the date. Its hard to work up sympathy for those stupid enough to believe in this crap. Its worked well for the guy however, I understand he has $72 million dollars saved for the future he claimed would never be!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #10
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Judgment Day coming in October

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I don't understand it either. What makes him so super special? I do not understand it at all. I feel bad for those followers that quit their jobs and stuff to spend time with family and it did not happen
    He gets attention for a couple of reasons.

    He's made a fortune with no formal education and created a large following around the world, of people who don't understand or know the Bible and are willing to go along with his foolishness.

    Another possibility is that it's a nice change of pace in news from the usual politics the clog the air waves.

    The Bible tells us we are not going to know and this old man is basing his prophecy on numbers and dates no one knows.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •