Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 131

Thread: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

  1. #71
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have a problem with states controlling what is going on in their state but not the Federal Govt. telling you what you must do in your state? You really are for a massive central govt. where power is controlled in D.C. and then they help solve problems in your state? Your faith in Federal Bureaucrats is quite telling as evidenced by the current 14.4 trillion dollar debt which was created by those bureaucrats. You see, you cannot sell your state on what you want so like all liberals you either want the court or the Federal Govt. to overrule the eople of your state.
    If you are for selling health insurance across states lines, it would seen that it is you who wants the Federal Govenment to control what happens in the states. Does Texas allow all health insurance to be sold in the state???


  2. #72
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Yes, asinine far-right hyperbole.



    Oh, Rasmussen? Why am I not surprised? Here, take a look at a real study on the role of health care reform in the '10 elections. You'll find that health care was not the main issue of the '10 elections; and that support for the law was largely divided along party lines with a slight majority of independents having negative views; but a large majority of Americans supporting the individual components of the law. Hardly a mandate on health care reform like you keep repeating.
    The reason the Republicans won, was because the Democrats sat on their hands, because Obama turned to be a centrist. If the health care law had a robust Public Option the Democrats would have done much better.


  3. #73
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The reason the Republicans won, was because the Democrats sat on their hands, because Obama turned to be a centrist. If the health care law had a robust Public Option the Democrats would have done much better.
    I agree considering the fact that the public option was supported by a majority of Americans. But health care was not the main issue of the last elections. I suggest anybody interested in this topic read the study that I cited in post #70. It's very insightful.
    Last edited by Sgt Meowenstein; 05-19-11 at 07:51 PM.


  4. #74
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yet these States will go crawling to the Feds when they medicaid money.
    Where does the Fed get the money the states are 'crawling' to get? Who's money is it that 'the Fed' is so graciously doling out? Cuz...the fed...they are just ROLLING in Fed created monies...right? And the states and citizens of the states...they have nothing to do with 'the Feds' largess...

    I swear to God...sometimes...its clear you dont even think before you bang **** out. Your wee brain goes..."oh...a chance for a little GOTCHA comment!!! ZIIIIING!!!" and away you go...

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Where does the Fed get the money the states are 'crawling' to get? Who's money is it that 'the Fed' is so graciously doling out? Cuz...the fed...they are just ROLLING in Fed created monies...right? And the states and citizens of the states...they have nothing to do with 'the Feds' largess...

    I swear to God...sometimes...its clear you dont even think before you bang **** out. Your wee brain goes..."oh...a chance for a little GOTCHA comment!!! ZIIIIING!!!" and away you go...

    Where do you get your legal tender.

    494097.jpg

    Please note what it says just above George Washington's portrait.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    If you are for selling health insurance across states lines, it would seen that it is you who wants the Federal Govenment to control what happens in the states. Does Texas allow all health insurance to be sold in the state???
    Why would the Federal Govt. be involved in states soliciting healthcare insurance bids from insurance companies in other states? You continue to miss the point and divert from the FACT, healthcare is a personal responsibility that belongs in the state and local communities, not with a Federal Bureaucrat making the decision. If a state chooses not to offer a state solution then either change the state govt. or move to another state. Liberals like you always want the Federal Govt. to step in and solve your own personal problems.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Yes, asinine far-right hyperbole.



    Oh, Rasmussen? Why am I not surprised? Here, take a look at a real study on the role of health care reform in the '10 elections. You'll find that health care was not the main issue of the '10 elections; and that support for the law was largely divided along party lines with a slight majority of independents having negative views; but a large majority of Americans supporting the individual components of the law. Hardly a mandate on health care reform, like you keep repeating. More of a mandate on the economy, like I said.
    You continue to miss the point, the public supports healthcare reform, not mandated Obamacare. Most people realize that healthcare is a personal responsibility issue. If you cannot sell your state govt. on healthcare program that you want, work to change your govt. instead of looking for the Federal Govt. to solve your own personal responsibility issues.

    I am still waiting for you to explain who taught you that it was someone else's responsibility to pay for your healthcare costs? Noticed you are working hard to make that a Federal Responsibility. 26 states suing the govt. say you are wrong
    Last edited by Conservative; 05-19-11 at 08:19 PM.

  8. #78
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You continue to miss the point, the public supports healthcare reform, not not mandated Obamacare. Most people realize that healthcare is a personal responsibility issue. If you cannot sell your state govt. on healthcare program that you want, work to change your govt. instead of looking for the Federal Govt. to solve your own personal responsibility issues.

    I am still waiting for you to explain who taught you that it was someone else's responsibility to pay for your healthcare costs? Noticed you are working hard to make that a Federal Responsibility. 26 states suing the govt. say you are wrong
    Again with your asinine question. You ask me some loaded question and expect me to dignify it with an answer. I can play that game too. Who taught you that it's morally acceptable to kill poor people? How about you address the fact that I just owned you in regards to your insistence that HC reform was the main issue during the last elections? I noticed you don't want to talk about that anymore.


  9. #79
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Why would the Federal Govt. be involved in states soliciting healthcare insurance bids from insurance companies in other states? You continue to miss the point and divert from the FACT, healthcare is a personal responsibility that belongs in the state and local communities, not with a Federal Bureaucrat making the decision. If a state chooses not to offer a state solution then either change the state govt. or move to another state. Liberals like you always want the Federal Govt. to step in and solve your own personal problems.
    You are the one who said in another thread, that insurance companies should be sold across state lines, not me. That would require the Federal Government to make it a mandate. And it not just you who advanced this thought, almost every Repubicon at the time was saying this.


  10. #80
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Where do you get your legal tender.

    494097.jpg

    Please note what it says just above George Washington's portrait.
    Where does the fed? Do you honestly believe there really IS an Uncle Sam...and he is a rich benevolent kindly old soul doling out dollars to his little state chirruns? Good lord dood...seriously? Where does 'the fed' get its money?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •