Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 131

Thread: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You really have an obsession with me,
    Not really you are just posting and I'm bored. So shooting down your BS is something to do. Even though it is like shooting ducks in a pond.

    Medicaid is a FEDERAL/STATE program and if the Federal Govt increases the mandate who should pay for it?

    And if the State rejects the mandate who should pay for it?

  2. #22
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    The real problem here is, for Daniels is that a large number of Republicans support repealing Obamacare. Thus he has to explain, and prove he'd be the right guy to do that and repeal it. This hurts him.
    Last edited by Renae; 05-19-11 at 05:19 PM.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #23
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama is mandating that the states implement a healthcare program or forced into the national program and 26 states said NO. that is the issue. It is a federal mandate on a sovereign state to implement a personal responsibility issue. The freedom that the states are being given is do it your way or my way but do it, and that is wrong.
    How is it wrong for the POTUS to ensure that most Americans have health insurance? That's the kind of things presidents are elected to do. It was THE major issue of his campaign. Health insurance, or the lack thereof is a big problem in the USA. IF governors are unable, or unwilling to take care of the uninsured in their state, then the federal gov't should step in. Again, if these Republican governors have such great ideas about health care reform, then they can implement them as long as they achieve the same goals as Obama's. You can keep moving the goal post, but the state's rights argument is out the window.
    Last edited by Sgt Meowenstein; 05-19-11 at 05:06 PM.


  4. #24
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Not really you are just posting and I'm bored. So shooting down your BS is something to do. Even though it is like shooting ducks in a pond.




    And if the State rejects the mandate who should pay for it?
    The one that created the mandate should pay for it

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The one that created the mandate should pay for it

    Then the States shouldn't go crawling to the feds when they get in trouble.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    How is it wrong for the POTUS to ensure that most Americans have health insurance? That's the kind of things presidents are elected to do. It was THE major issue of his campaign. Health insurance, or the lack thereof is a big problem in the USA. IF governors are unable, or unwilling to take care of the uninsured in their state, then the federal gov't should step in. Again, if these Republican governors have such great ideas about health care reform, then they can implement them as long as they achieve the same goals as Obama's. You can keep moving the goal post, but the state's rights argument is out the window.
    Healthcare is a personal responsibility, not a Presidential responsibility. Presidents aren't elected to be a parent, they are elected to be a leader in national security and to promote economic growth. If governors are unable or unwilling to do anything then it is up to the people of the state to make the change and implement their will. Our Founders understood where the power belongs and it isn't a massive Federal Govt. What does the President know about the healthcare problems in your community? It is you that pays for state and local healthcare costs, not the Federal taxpayer which will happen with Obamacare and that is totally and completely wrong.

    You still don't get it, Obama has given the states two choices, create your own health care program or accept mine. State governments have said NO there is a third option, let we aren't implementing a program and aren't accepting yours. This is a states rights' issue and you want want the Federal Govt. to be a parent and force you to do what they want you to do.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Then the States shouldn't go crawling to the feds when they get in trouble.
    With the exception of natural disasters I agree with you. I had no problem helping the people of New Orleans after Katrina. Your argument on Medicaid however is bogus and you are seeing the reason that TX is going to opt out. Federal Govt. increases the mandate and then doesn't fund it. That is wrong

  8. #28
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    With the exception of natural disasters I agree with you. I had no problem helping the people of New Orleans after Katrina. Your argument on Medicaid however is bogus and you are seeing the reason that TX is going to opt out. Federal Govt. increases the mandate and then doesn't fund it. That is wrong
    For once I agree with you.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    With the exception of natural disasters I agree with you. I had no problem helping the people of New Orleans after Katrina. Your argument on Medicaid however is bogus and you are seeing the reason that TX is going to opt out. Federal Govt. increases the mandate and then doesn't fund it. That is wrong

    What additional burden is placed on the State in the first three years? After that what additional burden is placed on the State?

    I posted that for you the other night.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What additional burden is placed on the State in the first three years? After that what additional burden is placed on the State?

    I posted that for you the other night.
    Nothing, but the expansion of the program by the Federal Govt. has to be funded by the Federal Govt.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •