Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 131

Thread: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

  1. #121
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Hey, Adolph was your strawman, my strawman is still standing tall, thanks to winger rhetoric.
    Nazi Party Platform of 1920 - Nationalized Medicine

    too bad you hate jews because obviously that's the only reason anyone argues for centralizing a healthcare system.

  2. #122
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Ya missed a few quotes from your article.



    People have no confidence in the federal government to enact reforms effectively. In fact quite a lot think they will simply make matters worse. I mean, this is from your own link.

    You also missed this :


    So I guess it was about the economy.
    shrug
    Yes, it was about the economy. Which is exactly hat I said. Got any other useless points?


  3. #123
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,762

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Yes, it was about the economy. Which is exactly hat I said. Got any other useless points?
    You argue that people are for the bill and point to a poll, a poll which you cherry picked quotes and numbers from. A poll which also has contrary results to your posts.

    People dont believe the fed can make health care better.
    People are not for the health care reform in the bill in its entirely, they are good and bad in the bill, but for the most part people do not like the bill as it stands now.
    People are not educated on the issues because a good percentage believe the bill will have no economic impact---good or bad a bill that affects the health care industry with as much depth as this one will have an impact, guaranteed.

    The useless points thing...that would be you, not me. Your own link undermines your position because you cherry picked it, getting snarky with me doesnt change that.

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,358

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Yet another potential Republican presidential hopeful has issues with his record on health care reform. Looks like Mitch Daniels has some explaining to do.
    So you are for the health care bill but bemoan the fact that this guy agrees with you? Can there be no common ground for people who run against each other????

  5. #125
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Meowenstein View Post
    Yet another potential Republican presidential hopeful has issues with his record on health care reform. Looks like Mitch Daniels has some explaining to do.
    Anything having to do with possible issues for a Daniels presidential campaign appear to moot at this point ~

    Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels decides not to run for president

    "Gov. Mitch Daniels says he won't seek the Republican nomination, prompting more concern among GOP leaders about the strength of the party's candidates."
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #126
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms


    WELL NOW!!! You sure know how to screw up a perfectly good derail.Hhmmff…facts.




    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  7. #127
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    You argue that people are for the bill and point to a poll, a poll which you cherry picked quotes and numbers from. A poll which also has contrary results to your posts.

    People dont believe the fed can make health care better.
    People are not for the health care reform in the bill in its entirely, they are good and bad in the bill, but for the most part people do not like the bill as it stands now.
    People are not educated on the issues because a good percentage believe the bill will have no economic impact---good or bad a bill that affects the health care industry with as much depth as this one will have an impact, guaranteed.

    The useless points thing...that would be you, not me. Your own link undermines your position because you cherry picked it, getting snarky with me doesnt change that.
    I didn't cherry pick ****. I chose to highlight the sections pertinent to the discussion I was having with Conservative; ie, that health care was not the main issue of the 2010 elections. Perhaps you missed that. Perhaps you should read before throwing in your two cents. Deny this:

    "4 in 10 Americans (41 to 49%) said that health care or health care reform would be extremely important. The economy or jobs was the issue designated as extremely important by the largest proportion (55 to 62%)

    67% of Democrats say they are more likely to vote for a congressional candidate who supported the new health care law, and 72% of Republicans say they are less likely to vote for such a candidate. Among independents, a larger proportion say they would be less likely (37%) than say they’d be more likely (29%) to vote for a candidate who supported the new health care law (Pew–NJ, September–October).

    Third, more than 7 months after the health care reform law was enacted, a majority of Americans neither favor nor oppose it. Various independent polling organizations have taken varied approaches to this question and have reported a range of results

    Americans clearly have conflicting views about various aspects of the health care legislation and their impact. On the one hand, many elements of the law are highly popular, including the provision of tax breaks for small businesses to make coverage for their workers more affordable (favored by 90% of the public), expansion of the Medicare prescription-drug benefit to fill the “doughnut hole” (favored by 79%), and the requirement that insurers cover all applicants, even if they have preexisting conditions (favored by 58 to 80%)."


  8. #128
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,762

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    You realize I can keep rebutting your commentary with your own link right?
    Because you keep trying to portray that people liked the HealthCare law or have no negatives involved with it and that the economy was more important. If you look at why people dont like the health care bill is because it makes the creation of new jobs carry a large cost in terms of health care, essentially doubling the current employer tax structure per employee.

    Rebuttal point from your own article:
    First, regarding the question of the country’s mood, it seems clear that Americans today have very negative views about the general direction of the country, and they express an anti-incumbent attitude toward Congress. As the 2010 congressional election approaches, more than 6 in 10 likely voters (64%) believe that the country has gotten off on the wrong track, while about one third (31%) think the country is headed in the right direction (Bloomberg). In addition, the results of current polling portray the electoral environment as similar to that of 1994 and 2006, when the incumbent party lost control of both houses of Congress. Registered voters’ anti-incumbent mood can be seen in their inclination not to vote to reelect their current congressional representative, but rather to look around for someone else: 55% of registered voters say they are inclined to look around (WP–ABC, September–October), and only 31% say they are inclined to vote to reelect their current representative, a lower proportion than just before the 1994 and 2006 congressional elections (37% each).3 An important sign for the future of the new health care law is that 53% of likely voters believe that if the Republicans become the majority party in both houses of Congress, they could successfully repeal laws that have been passed during the past 2 years (Battleground–GWU–Politico).
    Sooo, if they put Republicans into office to repeal legislative measures and the signature measure of the last congress was the health care bill, what do you think they want repealed?

    Bottom line: the health care bill was not popular, but people are not just griping about it, they are voting on it.

  9. #129
    Educator Sgt Meowenstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-22-17 @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    620

    Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    You realize I can keep rebutting your commentary with your own link right?
    Because you keep trying to portray that people liked the HealthCare law or have no negatives involved with it and that the economy was more important. If you look at why people dont like the health care bill is because it makes the creation of new jobs carry a large cost in terms of health care, essentially doubling the current employer tax structure per employee.

    Rebuttal point from your own article:


    Sooo, if they put Republicans into office to repeal legislative measures and the signature measure of the last congress was the health care bill, what do you think they want repealed?

    Bottom line: the health care bill was not popular, but people are not just griping about it, they are voting on it.
    You do realize that you don't know what the **** you're talking about, right? Let me speak slowly for you. I never said that people like the health care law. Never. I said that health care was not the main issue of the 2010 elections. That was the argument that I was having with Conservative. And I proved my point with the study that I cited. Bottom line: shut up unless you you actually know what I'm talking about. Next.


  10. #130
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,762

    rolleyes Re: Mitch Daniels Not Only Took ObamaCare Funds, He Pushed Similar Reforms

    And your own article you cited disagrees with that premise. The article also stated that they thought the US was on the wrong track, it also says they voted for candidates to repeal said legislation. I know what Im talking about, you dont want to ackowledge these points because they dont agree with you.

    Something to consider :

    4. Don't Be A Jerk (DBAJ) - This simply means what it sounds like.
    Try it out. You might want to look over rule 3 as well. Debate some ideas and stuff

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •