Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

  1. #11
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    First off, the bill is going nowhere. What the legislature as a whole is doing is what it is supposed to do, respond to introduced bills. The bill is the responsibility of one guy, the senate minority leader.
    And I think we now know why he is the minority leader. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    And I think we now know why he is the minority leader. LOL.
    Because he is a republican in Mass?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because he is a republican in Mass?
    You just spolied my punch line. You are no fun.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    What ****ing business is it of the government to monitor who has sex with whom?
    If you want a real answer, the government is the issuing authority of the license, and thus holds jurisdiction over the divorce.

    That's who they are, now on to the merits and flaws of this specific piece of regulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I have a better bill. It's called the DanaRhea None of Your Damn Business Bill. It reads like this:

    To the Massachussets legislature: **** you!!

    Article is here.
    Hyper-emotional sensationalism is counter productive. You haven't articulated actual support for privacy by doing so.


    ***
    I need you to understand that among consenting adults, pretty much anything goes. The difference here is that not everyone in this household is a consenting adult. The live-in-boyfriend is a family dynamic which proves to be dysfunctional the majority of the time. It causes undue stress on the children who are already dealing with the loss of their intact family.

    I completely support this kind of regulation, and I would further support extending it beyond finalization of the divorce, through the entire time said minor children are living in the home. Such relationships are unspeakably destructive to children.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-18-11 at 06:45 PM.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    That's ridiculous. I mean, I get that having sex two doors down from your sleeping children with somebody who isn't their other BIO parent in the middle of a divorce might further damage the child....but a lot of other crap that occurs during a divorce is much more damaging. Like parents who insist on talking crap about the other parent, either direct to or in front of the child.
    The existence of other problems does not negate the existence of this problem. Those other problems you mention should also be addressed, in addition to, not instead of, this dysfunctional dynamic.

  6. #16
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The existence of other problems does not negate the existence of this problem. Those other problems you mention should also be addressed, in addition to, not instead of, this dysfunctional dynamic.
    My dad remarrying my stepmother was far more beneficial to me than him living on his own. You make these broad, ill-conceived generalizations based on some warped view of reality, Jerry. Surely you understand that your views are very, very limited amongst a very small, radicalized group of people, right?
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    My dad remarrying my stepmother was far more beneficial to me than him living on his own.
    We all have personal experiences to draw from, but as they are subjective to us individually they aren't of any value objectively. For example, I can document how my X's relationship with Jody has harmed both of my boys, and the day will come where she will have to answer for it in court. However, that doesn't really mean anything to you because you don't personally know me or anyone involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    You make these broad, ill-conceived generalizations based on some warped view of reality, Jerry. Surely you understand that your views are very, very limited amongst a very small, radicalized group of people, right?
    As a veteran troll myself, you will have to do much better than that to get under my skin.

    Even if your claim were true, the number of people who subscribe to a 'view of reality' does not change what actual reality is, either way. There once was a time where the majority of people thought the Earth was flat and space flight was impossible, but majority opinion didn't make them factually accurate.

    The fact remains that the existence of other problems does not negate the existence of any specific problem. If you have a sore back, bankruptcy and a home fire don't negate your back problem.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-18-11 at 07:00 PM.

  8. #18
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Them yankees have always been afraid of fun to the extent that they don't trust anyone who knows how to have fun, except for politicians. If they are busy screwing each other, they have less time to screw the public.
    BTW, I haven't read the link, but it is just their own homes? no mention of barns?
    We Southerners aren't much better: We have a guy who wants to make it illegal for a teacher to mention that gay people even exist (it's a misdemeanor if they do)
    Senate delays anti-gay bill, passes measure to study issue in Tenn. curriculum

    AND a law that may pass that will let the Governor determine that any organization or group are materially giving aid to terrorists at his whim - providing no evidence to a judge, the state legislature or anything. This particular state senator wants to include Vanderbilt University on his list of organizations giving material aid to terrorists.
    Ketron hands out anti-mosque video | The Tennessean | tennessean.com

    At least, if I lived in Massachusetts, I wouldn't fear this terrible bill passing.

    Here, our legislature (especially this year) passes ridiculous **** all the time.

  9. #19
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    We all have personal experiences to draw from, but as they are subjective to us individually they aren't of any value objectively. For example, I can document how my X's relationship with Jody has harmed both of my boys, and the day will come where she will have to answer for it in court. However, that doesn't really mean anything to you because you don't personally know me or anyone involved.



    As a veteran troll myself, you will have to do much better than that to get under my skin.

    Even if your claim were true, the number of people who subscribe to a 'view of reality' does not change what actual reality is, either way. There once was a time where the majority of people thought the Earth was flat and space flight was impossible, but majority opinion didn't make them factually accurate.
    The difference is, your ill-conceived claims are almost always disputed by countless studies and multiple papers written on those subjects. Or, in many other cases, your point is so absurdly outside the realm of consideration that it just doesn't matter.

    Not trying to get under your skin, just trying to politely inform you that you're not likely to ever see your radica view realized.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Mass. bill would require divorcing parents to obtain judge’s approval for sex

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    The difference is, your ill-conceived claims are almost always disputed by countless studies and multiple papers written on those subjects. Or, in many other cases, your point is so absurdly outside the realm of consideration that it just doesn't matter.

    Not trying to get under your skin, just trying to politely inform you that you're not likely to ever see your radica view realized.
    A good lair would at least produce such studies from time to time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •