Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

  1. #21
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    What I asked before the "Restore Honor" really.

    Since when has has honor been lost? And why does a guy called Glenn Beck have to Restore it?

    What I ask before this farce.

    Since when has courage been lost? And why does a guy called Glenn Beck have to restore it?

  2. #22
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,355

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    What I asked before the "Restore Honor" really.

    Since when has has honor been lost? And why does a guy called Glenn Beck have to Restore it?

    What I ask before this farce.

    Since when has courage been lost? And why does a guy called Glenn Beck have to restore it?
    What is this perfect world you live in where everyone is courageous and honorable?

    It's GOOD to encourage people to be better people and to stand up for what is right. It's important to not be drawn into something that would dishonor you, your family or God (if you believe in Him). It's important to stand up for what you believe is right and good in this world no matter what the consequences. What is wrong with holding a rally to remind ourselves of those things?

    Restoring Courage is about having the courage to stand up for Israel, it's borders and it's people. Beck believes history could repeat itself with another Hitler-like regime if we continue on this path of not fully supporting Israel and it's borders.

    Me? I've already said I think this rally is a waste of money. He hasn't sold me on it yet. I support Israel and wish everyone would just leave them the heck alone, but I don't know why millions of dollars need to be spent on a week-long rally to support them.

    What is it about Restoring Honor that you didn't get? The gospel singers? The prayers? The national anthem? Honoring the military? The flags waving? The group of religious leaders from different religions linking arms in unity to pray for our country? Why wasn't that a GOOD thing?


  3. #23
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    What is this perfect world you live in where everyone is courageous and honorable?

    It's GOOD to encourage people to be better people and to stand up for what is right. It's important to not be drawn into something that would dishonor you, your family or God (if you believe in Him). It's important to stand up for what you believe is right and good in this world no matter what the consequences. What is wrong with holding a rally to remind ourselves of those things?

    Restoring Courage is about having the courage to stand up for Israel, it's borders and it's people. Beck believes history could repeat itself with another Hitler-like regime if we continue on this path of not fully supporting Israel and it's borders.

    Me? I've already said I think this rally is a waste of money. He hasn't sold me on it yet. I support Israel and wish everyone would just leave them the heck alone, but I don't know why millions of dollars need to be spent on a week-long rally to support them.

    What is it about Restoring Honor that you didn't get? The gospel singers? The prayers? The national anthem? Honoring the military? The flags waving? The group of religious leaders from different religions linking arms in unity to pray for our country? Why wasn't that a GOOD thing?
    Wait so the US throwing billions at Israel and supplying them is somehow "not enough" and not "standing with Israel"?


  4. #24
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Perhaps he should try conducting his rally in the U.K. instead.
    We don't have many here who believe the purpose of supporting Israel is to hold onto christ's land of birth for us. His rally would be a waste of time but hey, go ahead and try and paint a false picture of the UK anyway, your continued untruths are pathetic.

    BBC NEWS | UK | Jewish population on the increase

    The UK's Jewish population is growing for the first time since World War II, research suggests.

    --snip--

    Dr Yaakov Wise, of Manchester University's Centre for Jewish Studies, says the population has now risen, to about 280,000, and attributes the growth to the extraordinary fertility of strictly orthodox families.

    Given the increase in the size of the UK's population, the decrease in that of the Jewish minority was even more marked according to Dr Wise.

    High birth-rate

    At the start of World War I there were half a million Jews in Britain, but in a smaller overall population.

    Dr Wise calculates the proportion of Jews in the UK now is only about a quarter of its peak.

    Dr Wise - who says his research is based on regular monitoring of Jewish births - attributes the decline in the Jewish population to the fact that about half of more secular Jews marry outside the community, and many of them do not bring their children up as Jewish.
    You keep trying to paint the UK as some anti-semitic hive of hostility but the decline is explained by a Jewish scholar above.

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,875

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    his website is already displaying merchandising for sale. $10.00 for one of the wristbands you would normally pay $2 for anywhere else. nice little money earner for him.

    i have zero respect for parasites like him. he's all about what benefits him. i would respect him a whole lot more if he showed he actually cared in a way that mattered by doing something worthwhile to help the people involved in the Palestine/Israel conflict.

    support one of the orphanages like the Lev LaLev fund which helps provide for orphaned girls in Netanya. support something that really makes a difference. maybe i'll write to him and ask if he will donate $1 for every one of those wristbands he sells. you never know, he might say yes and i'll eat my words.

    being wrong would be awesome.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    He doesn't give a crap about Israel. All he cares about is having access to the holy sites in Jerusalem if it's ever split when a Palestinian state is created.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  7. #27
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Another dumb Beck rally.

    Glenn Beck will hold a rally to "restore courage" in Jerusalem this August, he announced on his radio show Monday.

    The conservative media personality says his aim in organizing the rally - which is slated to take place a year after his "rally to restore honor," in Washington, D.C. last August - is to "stand together" with Israel and "show the world what living a life of faith and honor really means," according to a statement on Beck's website.

    Glenn Beck announces rally to 'Restore Courage' in Israel this summer - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
    Another Liberal attack with nothing to say worth a damn.

    Israel is under threat from it's traditional enemies and now from Obama who is a political idiot.

    If we don't stand behind Israel I believe we are doomed, as a Nation.

    Obama is awful and is doing everything he can on one hand to cause us and others problems, and on the other he's pretending to be more moderate than the Radical Leftist he really is.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post

    If we don't stand behind Israel I believe we are doomed, as a Nation.
    What do you mean by "doomed"?

  9. #29
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,490

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    He doesn't give a crap about Israel. All he cares about is having access to the holy sites in Jerusalem if it's ever split when a Palestinian state is created.
    I think you're on to something. I go along with Beck not giving a crap about Israel. But as we both know Beck does give a crap about making more money. Everything Beck does...there's big money involved.

    I'd like to see a big rally to "Restore Common Sense". TV and radio spin jockeys control and rule over the political views in this country. If you read the bios on any one of them...they are laughable.

    Anybody see anything wrong with that?

  10. #30
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Glenn Beck rally to "Resotre Courage" In Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    What do you mean by "doomed"?
    Israel is blessed and was was given the land by the Lord, and any Nation that goes against them will suffer as the empire of the UK has, as has all the Nations who have gone to War against them.

    Obama needs to be reversed to avoid us going down hill, more than he has drug us already.

    I don't expect Godless heathens to understand this, but Christians will get it.

    The usual haters will will attack this, but those of you who can read look it up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •