Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70

Thread: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

  1. #21
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    The Obamas invite a man to the house of the President who sings about shooting a President of the United States. You don't think that's maybe a LITTLE bit inappropriate? What would you say if the tea party had a band who sang a song about the assassination of Obama? That wouldn't be inappropriate?
    Ronald Regan invited Eazy E to the White House. Were you mad about that too?

    Gonna point this out in other thread too if it has not already been pointed out.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    LOL! Saying it's inappropriate for the First Family to invite this man to the White House to perform is now equivalent to wanting this man to be forced to shut up? LOL!
    You missed the joke, no worries.

    It's funny, I don't have a problem with the president doing whatever he wants for fun as long as no one gets hurt. I prefer to get upset about things that actually ****ing matter, not whine about trivial ****. I did not care when Bush for example took vacations, and felt those who whined about it where being stupid. I did not care when Reagan took his wife out to dinner, and think those who complained about it, or Obama taking his wife out, are being stupid. I did not bitch that Barbara Bush was not constantly in the news working on big issues because she was under no obligation to.

    We have had threads now bitching and whining about Michelle Obama's shoes, her going into town, he going on a date with her husband, her staff, her garden, he weight, and he choice in music. The threads speak far more about those who would actually whine about these things than it does about the first lady.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    John Stewart just spent the first 10 minutes of his showing talking about this "issue". It is worth watching either on the reshow later on or online tomorrow when the episode posts. It ends with a really bad, but entertaining rap
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #24
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Ronald Regan invited Eazy E to the White House. Were you mad about that too?

    Gonna point this out in other thread too if it has not already been pointed out.
    Since I was a baby when he become President, I'm thinking I probably didin't care too much.


  5. #25
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    John Stewart just spent the first 10 minutes of his showing talking about this "issue". It is worth watching either on the reshow later on or online tomorrow when the episode posts. It ends with a really bad, but entertaining rap
    Yeah I saw that, just goes to show you, even though I knew before hand, that amount of ignorance, bias and hypocrisy there is in crying over meaningless things like this are made off. Its astonishing how in the dark and partasin people can be at times and are totally blind to the fact. Hell just read these thread, anybody smart and objective just laughs and then feels sorry for those types of people, then maybe laughs again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #26
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    What about Johnny Cash and Ted Nugent?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #27
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Eric Clapton sang about shooting the sheriff. Freddie Mercury sang about putting a gun against a man's head and pulling the trigger. John Lennon sang that a girl should run for her life if he ever caught her with another man. Stephen Tyler sang about a girl shooting her abusive father and throwing him in front of a train. Sorry, you fail.
    Typical of Liberals to not be able to tell the deference between reality and fantasy. All of these are fantasy. This Common low life makes up bad poetry about a woman who is a convicted cop killer, about Burning President Bush, etc.

    A couple the posts are disappointing because I was starting to think a couple of you could think.

    I'm sorry but rap was invented because these scum bags can't use proper English and they all use poor language and insult people mostly women.

    Michelle Obama is the most wasteful women ever in the White House, she and Barack are acting like people who were on welfare and just hit the lotto.


    How many people think Clapton shot a sheriff?

  8. #28
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Typical of Liberals to not be able to tell the deference between reality and fantasy. All of these are fantasy. This Common low life makes up bad poetry about a woman who is a convicted cop killer, about Burning President Bush, etc.

    A couple the posts are disappointing because I was starting to think a couple of you could think.

    I'm sorry but rap was invented because these scum bags can't use proper English and they all use poor language and insult people mostly women.

    Michelle Obama is the most wasteful women ever in the White House, she and Barack are acting like people who were on welfare and just hit the lotto.


    How many people think Clapton shot a sheriff?
    How many people think Common actually killed a cop or burned a Bush?
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  9. #29
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Typical of Liberals to not be able to tell the deference between reality and fantasy. All of these are fantasy. This Common low life makes up bad poetry about a woman who is a convicted cop killer, about Burning President Bush, etc.
    I'll bet you've never read the poem in it's entirety have you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    A couple the posts are disappointing because I was starting to think a couple of you could think.
    Would you like to buy an "of"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I'm sorry but rap was invented because these scum bags can't use proper English and they all use poor language and insult people mostly women.
    I don't believe you are sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Michelle Obama is the most wasteful women ever in the White House, she and Barack are acting like people who were on welfare and just hit the lotto.
    There's a word for that. It's something-rich. Do you know what that word is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    How many people think Clapton shot a sheriff?
    I think Bob Marley shot the Sheriff. I'll bet it was a drug deal gone bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #30
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,879
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Typical of Liberals to not be able to tell the deference between reality and fantasy. All of these are fantasy. This Common low life makes up bad poetry about a woman who is a convicted cop killer, about Burning President Bush, etc.

    How many people think Clapton shot a sheriff?
    Wait, so you're saying this guy really wants to kill the president? That reality and fantasy are dependent upon genre?

    I'm sorry but rap was invented because these scum bags can't use proper English and they all use poor language and insult people mostly women.
    Rap is from West African tribal chants, it pre-dates other scummy forms of music like Jazz (invented so blacks could sleep with white women) and Blues (some of the most misogynistic lyrics every written) by hundreds of years.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •