Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70

Thread: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,890
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Michelle Obama seems to be more worried about being a celebrity, dancing, having parties, showing off her chiseled arms and reading poetry with rappers than anything else. As Laura Ingraham said today, she just looks unserious.
    What else is she meant to be worried about?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    What else is she meant to be worried about?
    Don't ask such darn hard questions. We elected her to be serious dammit!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I have always felt bad about the coverage that song got. First off, it was not an "Ice-T" song, nor was it, as most people believe, a rap song. It was a song done by Bodycount(a metal band fronted and formed by Ice-T), from an album that portrayed the attitudes of inner city youths. This is something any number of bands have done and still do to this day, portraying attitudes that they do not agree with by doing songs from the point of view of those with that attitude. One classic example is the song "Jordan Minnesota" by Big Black, which tells the story of 5 year old children being sexually molested by their school teachers, and tells it from the point of view of one of those teachers. Like "Cop Killer" it is actually more effective for being from their point of view.
    Yea i know im just saying then the right would really have a hay day on the event...


  4. #14
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yea i know im just saying then the right would really have a hay day on the event...
    Whereas I would be asking for tickets.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #15
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,359

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    What else is she meant to be worried about?
    Oh, I don't know. Tornado victims? Family members of those murdered on the border? Kids that have to go to the horrible school down the street instead of the great school in another city? The nearly 50% of adults that are functionally illiterate in Detriot?

    I guess her toned arms and throwing parties are much more important. She's like the Mary Todd Lincoln of our time - too concerned with her image to care about anything else.


  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Oh, I don't know. Tornado victims? Family members of those murdered on the border? Kids that have to go to the horrible school down the street instead of the great school in another city? The nearly 50% of adults that are functionally illiterate in Detriot?

    I guess her toned arms and throwing parties are much more important. She's like the Mary Todd Lincoln of our time - too concerned with her image to care about anything else.
    I know what you mean. We elected her to do a damn job! How dare she only spend part of her time working for causes she believes in, and getting **** on by conservatives every time she does. What a complete and total bitch she is.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #17
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    It's idiotic to put it mildly, but it seems Michelle is doing her part to secure their base for 2012.

    Change you can believe in.

    .
    Eric Clapton sang about shooting the sheriff. Freddie Mercury sang about putting a gun against a man's head and pulling the trigger. John Lennon sang that a girl should run for her life if he ever caught her with another man. Stephen Tyler sang about a girl shooting her abusive father and throwing him in front of a train. Sorry, you fail.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #18
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,359

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Eric Clapton sang about shooting the sheriff. Freddie Mercury sang about putting a gun against a man's head and pulling the trigger. John Lennon sang that a girl should run for her life if he ever caught her with another man. Stephen Tyler sang about a girl shooting her abusive father and throwing him in front of a train. Sorry, you fail.
    The Obamas invite a man to the house of the President who sings about shooting a President of the United States. You don't think that's maybe a LITTLE bit inappropriate? What would you say if the tea party had a band who sang a song about the assassination of Obama? That wouldn't be inappropriate?


  9. #19
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    The Obamas invite a man to the house of the President who sings about shooting a President of the United States. You don't think that's maybe a LITTLE bit inappropriate? What would you say if the tea party had a band who sang a song about the assassination of Obama? That wouldn't be inappropriate?
    Why do you hate the first amendment?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #20
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,359

    Re: ‘Burn a Bush’? Michelle Obama invites rapper Common to a poetry reading

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why do you hate the first amendment?
    LOL! Saying it's inappropriate for the First Family to invite this man to the White House to perform is now equivalent to wanting this man to be forced to shut up? LOL!


Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •