Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 267

Thread: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

  1. #111
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Yes, but it does not negate the fact that the primary controlling factor is Religion, not political ideology, thus making your point moot.
    Does believing in God lead a person to become a Republican or are they Republicans first and then led to God?

    Besides, not long ago someone said most liberals are also Christians. If that's the case, then it must be their liberalism that keeps them from giving more.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  2. #112
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No problem. It's a fact that Obama only paid 26%. There's your proof.
    Are you going to complain about all the millionaires abusing tax loopholes or just assume Obama does it, and only complain about him?

  3. #113
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Obama's tax return: Income down — to $1.7 million - Yahoo! News

    .....Barack HusSame Obama took advantage of the BUSH TAX RATES........the Home Mortgage interest deduction........and Charitable Deductions......

    The guy is a complete fraud and billboard of hypocrisy.........
    .
    .
    This is hysterical. He compromised on the tax cuts...

  4. #114
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Nobody forced Obama--The President of Hypocrisy..... to take all the Deductions that he did.........nothing stopped him from paying the Clinton era tax rates.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Do you have proof that he took every deduction he could?

  5. #115
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Are you going to complain about all the millionaires abusing tax loopholes or just assume Obama does it, and only complain about him?

    It has been explained that no one pays the top rate on some of their income-only when they hit a certain level.

    The main evil of a progressive income tax is that it caters to politicians pandering to those in the lower brackets to use rate raises only on the top brackets



  6. #116
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the rich who "want to pay higher taxes" is really a case of dem elites wanting to raise taxes so dems can win more elections by pandering to the envy of the many or convincing some less than sharp middle class people who do worry about the deficit that tax hikes on the rich will pay for the buying of the middle class's votes through handouts
    If you want to play it like it's rich vs non rich, there are a lot more non wealthy so who do you think will lose?

  7. #117
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're absolutely right. However, I question the hell out of a president that decries rich people, all the while he's rich and playing the same games.
    It's not a game... taking deductions is legal and legit. Rich people are not the only people doing it, and btw... this doesn't really mean he avoided paying taxes, it just means he most likely lowered the amount he paid to the IRS. As long as he is paying his taxes and not trying to avoid doing so or throwing a fit and whining that he shouldn't have to owe anything, I'll consider him an honest tax payer.

  8. #118
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I got a feeling if he had paid more, you'd be saying something about how he must think we are all dumb, how else would he think we'd all follow the 'messiah' and do something as idiotic and give more money than we had to to the government.

    That or some other BS.
    If he paid more, he'd go off that the president was a socialist pig, and that whatever amount he overpaid he'd be trying to make all Americans pay... Then he go full fledge into "I am so scared of Barrack Hussein Obama" mode.

  9. #119
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    If you want to play it like it's rich vs non rich, there are a lot more non wealthy so who do you think will lose?
    quantity usual loses to quality. most of the rich can move. that will cause a serious problem for the dependent needy and even more problems for the pimps who pander to them. One of the main reasons why I despise the democrats' destruction of federalism is that welfare socialism should be a state program not a federal program. and of course, if a state is overly generous to the unproductive, that state will quickly become full of the takers. and of course that means the producers would depart such states as their taxes went up and up. That would be a rational control on such income redistribution-the handouts would have to be restricted of the state would go bankrupt.

    By ignoring or actively destroying the proper boundaries on federal action, the democrats have created a situation where our nation is headed to bankruptcy. Dem politicians promise more and more spending. when they are in power they try to jack up taxes on the wealthy for two reasons

    1) to appeal to class envy

    2) to claim that they are able to pay for their handouts

    of course this scheme fails because it only encourages their constituents to want more and more handouts which the pimps have to provide or lose the next election. Plus the rich start avoiding taxes or the economy slows and the tax increases do not bring in enough

    When the GOP is in power deficits climb because that party understands that putting the addicts on cold turkey will cause them to lose the next election so deficit spending increases

    both parties are guilty but it was the democratic party that created the system that has us headed towards bankruptcy

    only when the average voter will retaliate against a politician who promises more spending will the system right itself and the only way for that to happen is to get rid of the current tax system that allows the many to put the duty of taxation on the shoulders of the rich.



  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Obama only paid a 26% income tax rate for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    If you want to play it like it's rich vs non rich, there are a lot more non wealthy so who do you think will lose?
    You are blind if you think you will win this war of yours.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •