Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    I wish he'd say stuff like this more often, I'd feel more proud of him as my President.
    I agree with you. I wish he'd say stuff like this more often. He tends to come across as weak and indecisive in the media. I wish he'd just lay it down and bring out the badass who said what he thought when he was running for president. In other words, I wish he would tell the Republicans to STFU (in a classier way of course) more often instead of just talking about "working together" and "compromise" all the time.

  2. #32
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Which IMO is disappointing because people need to hear the truth of the matter. People needed to know what the budget debate by the GOP concerning the 6-month spending bill was really all about: Ideology and winning political points rather than doing what was right for the country.

    There's the part where the President spoke of the GOP staffer stating "...we need something to bring back to our Caucus." It only shows that politics, not practicality was 100% in play for the GOP. It's not about putting this country on sound footing with them. It's about regaining power and undermining any end-roads that have been made to date by the President and his party.
    I think you are correct here, but I think they've miscalulated. The Republicans are overreaching just as Gov. Walker did in Wisconsin, the **** will hit the fan and blow back in there faces. Walker, Ryan and the GOP have woken up a sleeping giant.


  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I agree with you. I wish he'd say stuff like this more often. He tends to come across as weak and indecisive in the media. I wish he'd just lay it down and bring out the badass who said what he thought when he was running for president. In other words, I wish he would tell the Republicans to STFU (in a classier way of course) more often instead of just talking about "working together" and "compromise" all the time.
    Actually, he only started talking about "compromise" once his party no longer had control of the House.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #34
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Actually, he only started talking about "compromise" once his party no longer had control of the House.
    That's just not even true. He actually talked A LOT about compromise and "working together" during his election campaign - but it was coupled with his "I'm going to do what I want, shut up Hillary" attitude so it was less noticeable. In fact, one of his biggest campaign "promises" on compromise is something that Republicans bring up often since it clearly did not work:

    PolitiFact | The Obameter: Bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda - Obama promise No. 522:

    Nice try though.

  5. #35
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    For a president to attack a lowly congressmperson shows no b****. It shows he is a low class bully who looks good in a suit as Biden said cleans up well.
    Eh, i prefer people keepin it real than just dissing people behind closed doors. If you have something to say to someone say it to their face. Also, I admire Congressman Ryan but he is hardly "lowly."
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  6. #36
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's just not even true. He actually talked A LOT about compromise and "working together" during his election campaign - but it was coupled with his "I'm going to do what I want, shut up Hillary" attitude so it was less noticeable. In fact, one of his biggest campaign "promises" on compromise is something that Republicans bring up often since it clearly did not work:

    PolitiFact | The Obameter: Bring Democrats and Republicans together to pass an agenda - Obama promise No. 522:

    Nice try though.
    Just chalk it up to another campaign promise broken. I wasn't talking about Obama the candidate, I was talking about Obama as president. Y'know the guy who said that Republicans need to sit in the back, or whatever. He should never vary from what TOTUS (teleprompter of the US) tells him to say.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Just chalk it up to another campaign promise broken. I wasn't talking about Obama the candidate, I was talking about Obama as president. Y'know the guy who said that Republicans need to sit in the back, or whatever. He should never vary from what TOTUS (teleprompter of the US) tells him to say.
    That's not true either, Obama has been focused on compromise since he got in office - it's one of the main things that has pissed off a lot of Democrats. His healthcare plan without the public option was a compromise.

    ....the left demands confrontation and contrast, and, at almost every juncture, Obama gives them compromise and complexity instead.
    No-Commoner Obama

  8. #38
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's not true either, Obama has been focused on compromise since he got in office - it's one of the main things that has pissed off a lot of Democrats. His healthcare plan without the public option was a compromise.


    No-Commoner Obama
    Yeah, such an awesome compromise that no Republican voted for it. The only reason the public option was thrown out was because advocating it became a huge political liability. If you think Obama's been some sort of great unifier, you have not been paying attention.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yeah, such an awesome compromise that no Republican voted for it. The only reason the public option was thrown out was because advocating it became a huge political liability. If you think Obama's been some sort of great unifier, you have not been paying attention.
    Where did I say he was a "great unifier" or anything of the sort? That argument wasn't even up for discussion. My point has been that your comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Actually, he only started talking about "compromise" once his party no longer had control of the House.
    is wrong, which is illustrated by the fact that he 1) Started talking about compromise during his campaign. 2) Continued talking about it (even more) when he became president, long before the Republicans took the house. Anybody who has heard him say anything since he first took office knows how much he talks about "working together" and bipartisanship. It's annoying.

  10. #40
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Obama caught on audio slamming GOP

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Where did I say he was a "great unifier" or anything of the sort? That argument wasn't even up for discussion. My point has been that your comment:


    is wrong, which is illustrated by the fact that he 1) Started talking about compromise during his campaign. 2) Continued talking about it (even more) when he became president, long before the Republicans took the house. Anybody who has heard him say anything since he first took office knows how much he talks about "working together" and bipartisanship. It's annoying.
    You shouldn't be annoyed. Obama rarely means what he says.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •