Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 96

Thread: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

  1. #41
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Let's see... a businessman will never be president, but a guy who sat in front of a racist for 20-years, and hung with terrorists, and is a business and economic illiterate is presidential caliber? Oi.

    Trump has played this brilliantly, smashing his fist down the throats of the press for failing to do their job. It's a question that should be asked. Obama should prove he is born here... Hell... even Chris Matthews has asked repeatedly.

    And Trump would squash Obama like a bug. Trump has an idea of how the world and business works. Obama? He's a proven incompetent with no experience in the real world... unless... ROTFLOL... running a little rag at Harvard qualifies.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 04-11-11 at 04:23 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post

    You do know that in 1961 Hawaii accepted foreign born births and gave them birth certificates? Also the Hawaii official lied. He said you couldn't get photocopies of your records. The law says otherwise as noted in the statutes. They flat out lied. Obama, if born in Hawaii is still not a natural born citizen.
    And I hope you're aware that such certificates identify the actual location of birth, not some random city in Hawaii. Obama's COLB identifies he was born in Honolulu. Had he been born somewhere else, it would state where that somewhere else was.

    About the attorney general's office spokesman making the claim that nobody can access the original records, not even Obama -- I now agree with you, I don't believe it. I think you're right, the law does not support his claim. And assuming the document you posted is authentic, it also reveals that Hawaiians can access their original vital records.

    But the hurdle I don't see you successfully jumping is Dr. Fukino clarifying that Obama's record on file is the long form.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post

    Obama, if born in Hawaii is still not a natural born citizen.
    Oh? By what law? Keep in mind that within our government, it's generally accepted that he was born in Hawaii -- and knowing that, he's considered a natural born citizen.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshabar View Post

    He was adopted by Lolo Soetero. In Hawaii name change after adoption is mandatory. His original birth certificate would have had the name Obama, his new birth certificate would have the name Soetero. Of course it would. The original birth certificate is completely replaced by the new certificate with the new name after an adoption.


    Unless Barack Soetero legally changed his name his name is still Soetero. I'm not even sure if a legal name change changes the birth certificate itself. I do know an adoption does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    I look forward to see the evidence you provide which proves Obama was a) legally adopted; and b) legally had his name changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshabar View Post

    Interesting about Soetero/Obama's records. . .

    The fact is, the birth certificate controversy is only the beginning of the presidential mystery. There is so much we don’t know for certain about President Obama. Inexplicably but intriguigingly, he has failed to produce his bona fides, while the media (and the White House media in particular), who could ask for them, don’t care, or don’t want to care.

    I culled from John’s affadavit what is undoubtedly an incomplete list of the Obama documents that we, the people, have just never gotten a look at due to Obama’s decision not to let us look.

    Sure, there’s

    (1) the original, long-form 1961 Hawaiian birth certificate. Then there’s:

    2) Marriage license between Obama’s father (Barak Sr.) and mother (Stanley Ann Dunham) — not found, not released

    3) Obama’s baptism records — sealed

    4) Obama’s adoption records — sealed

    5) Records of Obama’s and his mother’s reptriation as US citizens on return from Indonesia — not found, not released

    6) Name change (Barry Sotero to Barack Hussein Obama) records — not found, not released

    7) Noelani Elementary School (Hawaii) — not released

    8) Punahou School financial aid or school records — not released

    9) Occidental College financial aid records — not released. (These records were, however, subpoenaed but Obama lawyers succeeded in quashing the subpoena in court. No other Occi records have been released.)

    10) Columbia College records — not released

    11) Columbia senior thesis — not released

    12) Harvard Law School records (not mentioned below, but not released)

    13) Obama’s law client list — sealed

    14) Obama’s files from career as an Illinois State Senator — sealed

    15) Obama’s record with Illinois State Bar Association — sealed

    16) Obama’s medical records — not released

    17) Obama’s passport records — not released

    That’s a lot of records sealed and not released. But there’s much more to “the case.” Read it and see what you as an American citizen think….

    Obama’s Mysterious Past | Conservative Heritage Times
    I see, so you have no evidence. That's so typical of birfers ... they just point out what they don't know -- never what they do know. And that's supposed to be strong enough evidence to suggest Obama is a fraud.

    Allow me to highlight some points worth noting ...

    You made the fallacious claim that Obama was adopted ... when I challenged you to prove that, your response was ... "Obama’s adoption records — sealed" ... Despite you claiming Obama was adopted, the only proof you offer that he really was, lies in a phony question into his non-existent adoption records. That's pretty low, even for a birfer. How about you prove there is an adoption record? You pulled the same stunt with his name change. Prove he ever had his name legally changed to Soetero...

  5. #45
    Student Marshabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    11-09-13 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    293

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    I see, so you have no evidence. That's so typical of birfers ... they just point out what they don't know -- never what they do know. And that's supposed to be strong enough evidence to suggest Obama is a fraud.

    Allow me to highlight some points worth noting ...

    You made the fallacious claim that Obama was adopted ... when I challenged you to prove that, your response was ... "Obama’s adoption records — sealed" ... Despite you claiming Obama was adopted, the only proof you offer that he really was, lies in a phony question into his non-existent adoption records. That's pretty low, even for a birfer. How about you prove there is an adoption record? You pulled the same stunt with his name change. Prove he ever had his name legally changed to Soetero...
    I guess he's lying when he says he was adopted then. Go read his book or something. You don't know what you are talking about.

  6. #46
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's what I said about Obama.
    ditto! and I said clinton would never win re election...lesson: never say never

  7. #47
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    No, but the ratings on his TV show will skyrocket. I believe that this is what Trump was aiming for. He doesn't really want to be president. He is an attention whore.
    That may very well be a quite accurate dipiction

  8. #48
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Oh? By what law? Keep in mind that within our government, it's generally accepted that he was born in Hawaii -- and knowing that, he's considered a natural born citizen.
    By what law? The British Act of 1948. He was born a dual citizen as his website explained. Here's the bottom line. He ran a cleverly worded campaign that duped the voters. He took advantage of their limited knowledge of citizenship laws and Supreme Court cases on natural born citizenship. He took advantage of their lack of knowledge of the intent of the founders for adding natural born citizen to Article 2 Section 1 of the Constitution. It paid off. The evidence was right there on his website Fight the Smears the whole time. Now since the OCON forms have been revealed showing they left out the consitutional provisional wording to certify he meets Article 2 Section 1, it is clear that fraud did take place with the help of Nancy Pelosi who signed the forms.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post

    "When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

    The last sentence says it all and kills any notion that Obama was born a natural born citizen with sole allegiance to the United States even while being born in Hawaii allegedly.
    Ummm, there is no law anywhere in U.S. code stating that. Even worse for your argument is that in 2008 when Obama was running for president, everyone knew his father was a British subject and that Obama was born with dual citizenship. Despite that, he was still allowed to run and now allowed to serve as president. Therefore, you are wrong about the U.S. not considering people born with dual citizenships as natural born citizens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post

    Now on the birth certificates. Generally, folks don't know that Hawaii law, even in 1961, provided for multiple kinds of birth records, most of which are not what people think of when they think of birth certificates. The following is a description of those, including certificates for people not born in Hawaii.

    1. In the State of Hawaii, back in 1961, there were three different birth certificates that were obtainable:

    a. If the birth was attended by a physician or mid wife, the attending medical professional was required to certify to the Department of Health the facts of the birth date, location, parents’ identities and other information. (See Section 57-8 & 9 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

    b. In 1961, if a person was born in Hawaii but not attended by a physician or mid wife, then, up to the first birthday of the child, an adult could, upon testimony, file a “Delayed Certificate”, which required endorsement on the Delayed Certificate of a summary statement of the evidence submitted in support of the acceptance for delayed filing, which evidence must be kept in a special permanent file. The statute provided that the probative value of the Delayed Certificate must be determined by the judicial or administrative body or official before whom the certificate is offered as evidence. (See Section 57-18, 19 & 20 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).

    c. If a child born in Hawaii, for whom no physician or mid wife filed a certificate of live birth, and for whom no Delayed Certificate was filed before the first birthday, then a Certificate of Hawaiian Birth could be issued upon testimony of an adult including the subject person) if the Lieutenant Governor was satisfied that a person was born in Hawaii, provided that the person had attained the age of one year. (See Section 57-40 of the Territorial Public Health Statistics Act in the 1955 Revised Laws of Hawaii which was in effect in 1961).
    Item (b) does not apply to Obama because late and delayed birth certificates are marked as such. Obama's is not. Item (c) does not apply to Obama because his birth records were filed 4 days after he was born.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post

    2. In 1982, the vital records law was amended to create a fourth kind of birth certificate for children born outside of the Territory or State of Hawaii. HRS Chapter 338 was amended to add a new section authorizing the Director of the Department of Health to issue a birth certificate for a person NOT born in Hawaii either as a Territory or State, upon sufficient proof that the legal parents of such individual had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth of such child.

    3. The language of the statute clearly applies to births in the days of the Territory of Hawaii, so also births in 1961.
    I see ... you're citing a law even though you don't know exactly how it read in 1961?? What can be assumed is that it didn't read exactly like the 1982 revision. Which means citing it is dishonest since you don't actually know what was in it.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshabar View Post

    I guess he's lying when he says he was adopted then. Go read his book or something. You don't know what you are talking about.
    No, you're the one lying, not Obama. Obama never said he was legally adopted. Nor did he ever write that in a book.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •