Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 96

Thread: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post

    Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims-Reading and Understanding is your friend folks!
    Ex-Hawaii official denounces 'ludicrous' birther claims - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com
    Not that it will end this nonsense because birfers are like zombies who can't be killed, but Dr. Fukino put the final nail in the birfer coffin.

    The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

    And then the spokesman for Hawaii's attorney general's office explains why Obama has not released the long form ...

    But Wisch, the spokesman for the attorney general's office, said state law does not in fact permit the release of "vital records," including an original "record of live birth" — even to the individual whose birth it records. "It's a Department of Health record and it can't be released to anybody," he said. Nor do state laws have any provision that authorizes such records to be photocopied, Wisch said. If Obama wanted to personally visit the state health department, he would be permitted to inspect his birth record, Wisch said.

  2. #22
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Last I heard, he is polling second place....

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Yep -- can we get some investigators to work on that hair...


  4. #24
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Dear Apuzo, I mean no disrepect but will take the word of Dr. Chiyome Fukino over your friends.

    I am very sorry you are fearful but the birthplace of Obama should be the least of worries right now. We have so many more pressing issues to worry about and I find Obama to be an honorable and trust worthy man.

    I wish you peace though.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  5. #25
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Dear Apuzo, I mean no disrepect but will take the word of Dr. Chiyome Fukino over your friends.

    I am very sorry you are fearful but the birthplace of Obama should be the least of worries right now. We have so many more pressing issues to worry about and I find Obama to be an honorable and trust worthy man.

    I wish you peace though.
    You must remember but the most important issue should be making sure Article 2 Section 1 has not been violated. Article 2 Section 1 is paramount to the national security of our country.

  6. #26
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post
    You must remember but the most important issue should be making sure Article 2 Section 1 has not been violated. Article 2 Section 1 is paramount to the national security of our country.
    It hasn't. If it had, the FBI would have easily found out when they vetted him at the time he ran for President, which is standard procedure.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #27
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It hasn't. If it had, the FBI would have easily found out when they vetted him at the time he ran for President, which is standard procedure.
    The FBI doesn't vet candidates when they run. Google it.

  8. #28
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-17-11 @ 07:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    78

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Not that it will end this nonsense because birfers are like zombies who can't be killed, but Dr. Fukino put the final nail in the birfer coffin.

    The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

    And then the spokesman for Hawaii's attorney general's office explains why Obama has not released the long form ...

    But Wisch, the spokesman for the attorney general's office, said state law does not in fact permit the release of "vital records," including an original "record of live birth" — even to the individual whose birth it records. "It's a Department of Health record and it can't be released to anybody," he said. Nor do state laws have any provision that authorizes such records to be photocopied, Wisch said. If Obama wanted to personally visit the state health department, he would be permitted to inspect his birth record, Wisch said.
    Hawaii lied about this yesterday. This is such a load of BS it’s not even funny. The claim of the AG’s spokesperson that HI law does not authorize photocopies to be made is absolutely absurd.

    HRS 338-13 says:

    Ҥ338-13 Certified copies. (a) Subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18, the department of health shall, upon request, furnish to any applicant a certified copy of any certificate, or the contents of any certificate, or any part thereof.

    (b) Copies of the contents of any certificate on file in the department, certified by the department shall be considered for all purposes the same as the original, subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18.

    (c) Copies may be made by photography, dry copy reproduction, typing, computer printout or other process approved by the director of health. [L 1949, c 327, §17; RL 1955, §57-16; am L Sp 1959 2d, c 1, §19; HRS §338-13; am L 1978, c 49, §1]”

    Furthermore, the HDOH Administrative Rules - which Fukino illegally hid until a year after the election was over (funny none of these reporters ask her about that little bit...) - says that a person can get a copy of EVEN THE CONFIDENTIAL PORTION OF THEIR LONG-FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE UPON REQUEST. (See p 19 of the PDF at

    http://gen.doh.hawaii.gov/sites/har/...in%20Rules.pdf

    Also if the Birth Certificate is on the first floor then why did Hawaii's new Governor Albercrombie say it may not exist and that he just only found a notation of something written in the archives?
    Last edited by Apuzo; 04-11-11 at 05:18 AM.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    Quote Originally Posted by Apuzo View Post
    Hawaii lied about this yesterday. This is such a load of BS it’s not even funny. The claim of the AG’s spokesperson that HI law does not authorize photocopies to be made is absolutely absurd.

    HRS 338-13 says:

    Ҥ338-13 Certified copies. (a) Subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18, the department of health shall, upon request, furnish to any applicant a certified copy of any certificate, or the contents of any certificate, or any part thereof.

    (b) Copies of the contents of any certificate on file in the department, certified by the department shall be considered for all purposes the same as the original, subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18.

    (c) Copies may be made by photography, dry copy reproduction, typing, computer printout or other process approved by the director of health. [L 1949, c 327, §17; RL 1955, §57-16; am L Sp 1959 2d, c 1, §19; HRS §338-13; am L 1978, c 49, §1]”

    Furthermore, the HDOH Administrative Rules - which Fukino illegally hid until a year after the election was over (funny none of these reporters ask her about that little bit...) - says that a person can get a copy of EVEN THE CONFIDENTIAL PORTION OF THEIR LONG-FORM BIRTH CERTIFICATE UPON REQUEST. (See p 19 of the PDF at

    http://gen.doh.hawaii.gov/sites/har/...in%20Rules.pdf

    Also if the Birth Certificate is on the first floor then why did Hawaii's new Governor Albercrombie say it may not exist and that he just only found a notation of something written in the archives?
    Those rules are 30 years old and outdated. For example, it states, "Standard copies of vital records may be prepared by photographic, dry copy reproduction process, or by typing."

    That has since been replaced with §338-13:

    §338-13 Certified copies. (a) Subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18, the department of health shall, upon request, furnish to any applicant a certified copy of any certificate, or the contents of any certificate, or any part thereof.

    (b) Copies of the contents of any certificate on file in the department, certified by the department shall be considered for all purposes the same as the original, subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18.

    (c) Copies may be made by photography, dry copy reproduction, typing, computer printout or other process approved by the director of health. [L 1949, c 327, §17; RL 1955, §57-16; am L Sp 1959 2d, c 1, §19; HRS §338-13; am L 1978, c 49, §1]

    Another obsolete rule from that document states applications for copies must be made in writing. Hawaiian's can now apply online to receive a copy.

    But mostly, I noticed you ignored this part completely:


    The first is that the original so-called "long form" birth certificate — described by Hawaiian officials as a "record of live birth" — absolutely exists, located in a bound volume in a file cabinet on the first floor of the state Department of Health. Fukimo said she has personally inspected it — twice. The first time was in late October 2008, during the closing days of the presidential campaign, when the communications director for the state's then Republican governor, Linda Lingle (who appointed Fukino) asked if she could make a public statement in response to claims then circulating on the Internet that Obama was actually born in Kenya.

    There's a long form on file -- the only way that's possible is for Obama to have been born in Hawaii.

  10. #30
    Student Marshabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    11-09-13 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    293

    Re: Trump to meet with sponsor of Arizona 'birther bill'

    He was adopted by Lolo Soetero. In Hawaii name change after adoption is mandatory. His original birth certificate would have had the name Obama, his new birth certificate would have the name Soetero. Of course it would. The original birth certificate is completely replaced by the new certificate with the new name after an adoption.


    Unless Barack Soetero legally changed his name his name is still Soetero. I'm not even sure if a legal name change changes the birth certificate itself. I do know an adoption does.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •