Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 402

Thread: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

  1. #251
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Oh golly, don't I feel safer

    You go ahead and be stupid enough to think you can get along with the Taliban...with all due respect....you just aren't too bright.
    Wait, are you saying everyone in Afghanistan is a member of the Taliban?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  2. #252
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    Nope, he is saying he can "win" the "hearts and minds" of ALL of those in theatre.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Wait, are you saying everyone in Afghanistan is a member of the Taliban?
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  3. #253
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Nope, he is saying he can "win" the "hearts and minds" of ALL of those in theatre.
    He's not talking about the Taliban...

  4. #254
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    We don't really know "who" he is talking about do we...he simply assumes he can "win" the hearts and minds of those who live in abject fear of those he may or may not be fighting.....we can't....and to think is abject stpudity.

    He probably believes in a "limited" war...and we've all seen how that has worked out for us since the Nam.




    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    He's not talking about the Taliban...
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  5. #255
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    We don't really know "who" he is talking about do we...he simply assumes he can "win" the hearts and minds of those who live in abject fear of those he may or may not be fighting.....we can't....and to think is abject stpudity.

    He probably believes in a "limited" war...and we've all seen how that has worked out for us since the Nam.
    It's difficult to get the population to trust you and it's difficult to get the local officers/military that you're trying to train to trust you, but it becomes even more difficult when you don't respect the culture of the place that you're occupying at the time - that is the point. You work better with people who know you respect them.

  6. #256
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    Working with is not capitulation to a Religious View.

    The population knows we won't stay, they will NEVER "accept" us because they know we will leave....it's our History.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    It's difficult to get the population to trust you and it's difficult to get the local officers/military that you're trying to train to trust you, but it becomes even more difficult when you don't respect the culture of the place that you're occupying at the time - that is the point. You work better with people who know you respect them.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  7. #257
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    Working with is not capitulation to a Religious View.

    The population knows we won't stay, they will NEVER "accept" us because they know we will leave....it's our History.
    They don't want us to stay anymore than we want to stay, wal-mart. We're not trying to get them to believe we want to stay, Wal-mart.

    As has been pointed out to you, not everyone in Afghanistan is Taliban....what we're trying to do is to get the locals on our side to help us fight the Taliban, rather than pissing on them and making them JOIN the Taliban. Even you can see that....it's not too complicated.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    They don't want us to stay anymore than we want to stay, wal-mart. We're not trying to get them to believe we want to stay, Wal-mart.

    As has been pointed out to you, not everyone in Afghanistan is Taliban....what we're trying to do is to get the locals on our side to help us fight the Taliban, rather than pissing on them and making them JOIN the Taliban. Even you can see that....it's not too complicated.
    All the Taleban has to do, in fact all militant Islam has to do, is wait. They have one American leader who invades Afghanistan and then his winning successor runs on a platform of leaving. Open Gitmo, close Gitmo, invade Iraq, leave Iraq, attack Libya but be careful no one gets hurt.

    Is there any reason why militant Islam should fear the leaders of the free world? There doesn't seem to be.

    And the lesser democracies are not doing any better as they are losing the battle domestically, as well as contributing little on the battlefield. Militant Islam understands the West has no stomach for war and have no cohesive long term plan of defense.

    No WWII leader would have said that the American people would have to remain silent for fear of offending the Germans or Japanese but that's what you have today. Another war that is not a war, a war designed to "win hearts and minds", a "charm offensive" rather than just separating the enemy from their balls. Instead that's just what they've done to us.
    Last edited by Grant; 04-07-11 at 08:45 AM.

  9. #259
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    No WWII leader would have said that the American people would have to remain silent for fear of offending the Germans or Japanese but that's what you have today. Another war that is not a war, a war designed to "win hearts and minds", a "charm offensive" rather than just separating the enemy from their balls. Instead that's what they've done to us.
    Some people don't get the asymmetric war thing... I don't know. Guess I can just hock it up to some sort of old folks syndrome.

  10. #260
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: Female U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan ‘Encouraged’ to Wear Hijab

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Some people don't get the asymmetric war thing... I don't know. Guess I can just hock it up to some sort of old folks syndrome.
    How does asymetrical warfare change the nature of war?

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •