Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 201

Thread: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

  1. #51
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say... in part because you didn't actually use any data to back up your claim. What do you consider a "definite trend?"
    Read the post Mega made earlier with the link to the nice chart. He even posted the chart right here in the thread.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Read the post Mega made earlier with the link to the nice chart. He even posted the chart right here in the thread.
    Ah... Nate Silver. That's the guy that showed himself to be a complete hack with his "analysis" of Rasmussen polling.

    FYI, the chart does little to refute my claim. Nate in all his wisdom throws everything he can find into a basket and draws a single trendline from which to base his conclusion. Did I mention he's a hack? If you instead draw a separate trendline for each polling organization, I think you'll find they don't agree, which is more to my original point. That's what we call understanding the data.

  3. #53
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Ah... Nate Silver. That's the guy that showed himself to be a complete hack with his "analysis" of Rasmussen polling.

    FYI, the chart does little to refute my claim. Nate in all his wisdom throws everything he can find into a basket and draws a single trendline from which to base his conclusion. Did I mention he's a hack? If you instead draw a separate trendline for each polling organization, I think you'll find they don't agree, which is more to my original point. That's what we call understanding the data.
    No, we call that making **** up. You have supplied zero data, just a bunch of claims. You have in fact done less than Nate Silver, and done nothing to make your claim at all supported. Quality work!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #54
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Ah... Nate Silver. That's the guy that showed himself to be a complete hack with his "analysis" of Rasmussen polling.

    FYI, the chart does little to refute my claim. Nate in all his wisdom throws everything he can find into a basket and draws a single trendline from which to base his conclusion. Did I mention he's a hack? If you instead draw a separate trendline for each polling organization, I think you'll find they don't agree, which is more to my original point. That's what we call understanding the data.
    So do you have a chart with a seperate trendline for each polling organisation for usto verify your thinking that "they don't agree"?

    If the questions are the same, why can't he aggregate the polls? Sometimes, the bigger the sample, the more accurate the result is likely to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  5. #55
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Ah... Nate Silver. That's the guy that showed himself to be a complete hack with his "analysis" of Rasmussen polling.

    FYI, the chart does little to refute my claim. Nate in all his wisdom throws everything he can find into a basket and draws a single trendline from which to base his conclusion. Did I mention he's a hack? If you instead draw a separate trendline for each polling organization, I think you'll find they don't agree, which is more to my original point. That's what we call understanding the data.
    Actually his work on showing Rasmussan's house effect was very well balanced and on point.

  6. #56
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    You kids go ahead and run with a CNN poll about the Tea Party.

    (rolling my eyes)
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  7. #57
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post
    You kids go ahead and run with a CNN poll about the Tea Party.

    (rolling my eyes)
    Sure, we'll do that while you go find your denture grandpa.

    Quote Originally Posted by Free_Radical View Post

    And I wasn't making an appeal to authority, I was making an appeal to the philosophical body of work of the founders, the worth and content of which should be well-known to anyone with a cursory understanding of basic history and philosophy.

    Brian

  8. #58
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise



    You got a glimpse of whats coming last November....buckle up spanky.


    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Sure, we'll do that while you go find your denture grandpa.

    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  9. #59
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    Sure, we'll do that while you go find your denture grandpa.

    Gotta love it when people don't like the message so they try to shoot the messenger

  10. #60
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the rise

    Moderator's Warning:
    CNN Poll: Unfavorable view of tea party on the riseGuys, really, let's keep it reasonable.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •