Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 88 of 88

Thread: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox News

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    so, the fact that they don't lie is just further proof of their nefariousness. nice.
    "This way to the Egress!" - P T Barnum

    This was a sign at the Barnum Circus freakshow.

    Printed like all the other signs, most patrons, unaware that "egress" is a word for exit, found themselves outside the tent.

    This is what I was referring to.

    This kind of trickery is pandemic in our national discourse.

    Do a speck of research into PR. Learn some of the tricks they use.

    Then come back and make clever comments.

    Then they'll be clever, instead of silly.

    And as a counterpoint: I was watching MSNBC last night to see how they were confronting the "Schumer" "extreme" incident.

    They glossed over it like I expected them to.

    Then I saw Maddow rip into Obama over deep water drilling permits. That the blow out preventers don't work. And that there is no evidence that anything has been done to prevent another Deepwater Horizon incident.

    Second, Ed Schultz got into a shouting match with Jeremy Scahill(sic?) over our involvement in Libya. Schultz supporting, Scahill opposing, using the Mujahedeen in Afghanistan as an example.

    I watch a lot of Fox "News". I have never seen that station take radically opposing positions on anything that might shed a negative light on Republicans. And they never went after Bush as hard as Maddow was going after Obama last night.

    Yes, MSNBC is biased. But they will and do "say bad things about another Democrat", as Reagan stated was a bad practice.

    Because winning is everything.

    I find it amusing that people defend a cable news outlet more vociferously than many sports fans defend their teams.

    Everyone knows politicians lie. Except when they're on Fox, right?

    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  2. #82
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Why are you so upset about the American people demanding more truth from their news outlets?

    Does the truth frighten you for some reason?
    I'm not upset about it, at all. I'm proud of the fact.

    Why do you assume I'm talking about any particular outlet?

    Hmmm?
    Did I mention any particular outlet? I didn't, did I?

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Of course Fox News has free speech rights, whoever suggested otherwise is wrong. But so does Media Matters and anyone who says Media Matters can shut down Fox News is clearly wrong.
    You're exactly right. What they don't have the right to do, is break the law.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, sure. Don't watch the ****ing channel if you don't like it! I hope you're not one those guys that buys into crap like Rolling Stone's article about the killings in Afghanistan.

    I also think we should demand that charitable organizations who skip out on billions in taxes every year, because of their tax exempt status lose that status, if they engage in partisan political activity. Whatcha' think?
    You, not mentioning an outlet? I see......
    Last edited by What if...?; 03-31-11 at 03:52 PM.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #85
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    But you support their efforts anyway.
    If you mean I support their "DROP FOX" campaign, you are wrong, I think it's stupid. I like their reporting on the media, but since I don't donate to them, I guess you might say I don't support them.

    If you were against people killing dogs, would you support the efforts of someone trying to kill one with a BB gun?
    I don't know whether to laugh my ass off with that comment or cry.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Dag blast it Barb! I wasn't bashing Fox! Not this time, at least not exclusively.

    If you look back a couple posts you see me bring up Schumers "extreme" situation.

    I rail against Fox a lot because they indulge in far too many of the techniques elaborated on the site in my sig. Check it out. It will give you ammunition to see your world and make your points more clearly. Swear to God (whatever his Name may be)

    The left is disorganized and inept at the propagand indulged in by a subset of conservatives/republicans that has co-opted the conservatism I was raised on.

    The kind where you never encourage Americans to hate each other because of a difference of opinion. Or religious belief. Or any damn other thing.

    Sorry It was an honest mistake. I really wasn't trying to get your panties in a wad.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #87
    User Candice Lynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-21-11 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    77

    Re: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox

    As soon as I knew that George Soros had a hand in it, MM became a rag!

  8. #88
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: Media Matters to launch campaign of "guerrilla warfare and sabotage" against Fox

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    If you mean I support their "DROP FOX" campaign, you are wrong, I think it's stupid. I like their reporting on the media, but since I don't donate to them, I guess you might say I don't support them.
    Could've fooled me. Almost every single thread you create is a story from Media Matters. It sounds to me like you highly support them.


Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •