Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 158

Thread: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

  1. #81
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    The 'Palin Doctrine':
    Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya

    The 'Palin Doctrine': Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya - The Hill's Pundits Blog

    Now the link should work.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You're link doesn't work. But you shouldn't need a source to tell you that the idea of a No fly zone is something which goes all the way back to the end of the Gulf War at the very earliest.
    I recall it very well. Our planes were getting shot at regularly. That should have ended Saddam's reign there and then. But not with Clinton at the helm. he was too worried about his legacy.

    Also you should look up the word doctrine a doctrine is a plan its a set way of doing things which will produce a certain result, hopefully. Its more than a simple statement like "we should do a no fly zone" its what comes before that, how each step is achieved in detail and where to go from there.
    ROTFLOL... tell it to The Hill...
    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-20-11 at 09:02 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The 'Palin Doctrine':
    Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya

    The 'Palin Doctrine': Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya - The Hill's Pundits Blog

    Now the link should work.


    I recall it very well. Our planes were getting shot at regularly. That should have ended Saddam's reign there and then. But not with Clinton at the helm. he was too worried about his legacy.

    ROTFLOL... tell it to The Hill...
    .
    Ok you didn't respond to anything I said with any of substance. Answer this,
    How is this a "new doctrine" if the idea of a no fly zone has been around for so much longer?
    Why does it matter who's first at something anyway?
    How is this a doctrine?

  3. #83
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Ok you didn't respond to anything I said with any of substance.
    Once again, I dismiss your premise. You may not like the answer.. but respond I did. Clinton let Saddam continually shoot at our planes in the NFZ.

    Answer this,
    How is this a "new doctrine" if the idea of a no fly zone has been around for so much longer?
    It does not have to be new to be a doctrine. It can be a doctrine for a specific event. I guess that would make it new because the event did not happen before, but just because NFZ's have been around before doesn't discount the creation of a doctrine to a specific situation. The military is full of them.

    I didn't say Palin was first, I said she was ahead of the curve. Here is my OP:
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    She's ahead of the curve again, and people have the gall to claim she's stupid. If that's the case, what is Obama? Is he really, really stupid, or does he simply lack a pair of testicles. In the words of The Rag'in Cajun... perhaps Hillary can loan Obama one of hers.
    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-20-11 at 09:22 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Once again, I dismiss your premise. You may not like the answer.. but respond I did. Clinton let Saddam continually shoot at our planes in the NFZ.
    We aren't talking about that why even bring it up? But if you insist, can you source it?
    It does not have to be new to be a doctrine. It can be a doctrine for a specific event. I guess that would make it new because the event did not happen before, but just because NFZ's have been around before doesn't discount the creation of a doctrine to a specific situation. The military is full of them.
    You said its not new but you called it the creation of a doctrine, which is it? How can the NFZ idea be around for a long time, but also just have been created? I think what you are trying to say is that she's ahead of the curve on choosing to use this already existing doctrine. Which would mean she didn't develop the doctrine herself but was smart enough to understand that it should be used before others came to a similar conculsion, is that correct?

    I didn't say Palin was first, I said she was ahead of the curve. Here is my OP:
    Hey when you're right you're right, she seems to have been one of the first to call for a NFZ. But I still don't see why I should care, being first doesn't mean anything in itself.
    And like what was pointed out on the first page, she wasn't the absolute first
    On Libya we can't let ourselves be scarred by Iraq | Ian Birrell | Comment is free | The Guardian
    Libya no-fly zone call by France fails to get David Cameron's backing | World news | The Guardian

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The 'Palin Doctrine':
    Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya

    The 'Palin Doctrine': Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya - The Hill's Pundits Blog

    Putting it in red doesn't make it truer.

    And, like I said, something her handlers told her to say can't really be considered a 'doctrine'.

    She still can't find Libya on a map.

  6. #86
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Just dies laughing ... he sat next to Laura Bush at a SotU. And yes, after Chalabi's treachery became undeniable, GWB said he "may have met" Chalabi.

    And you point this out for what reason? Gee.... and Obama didn't hear any of the anti American preaching while attending the reverend Whites church for 20 years either.
    The reason I brought up Chalabi is because he was mentioned by name in the article linked to in the OP. The OP went so far as to choose that section of the article to quote.
    I brought up Chalabi's treachery and shortcomings to show that having Chalabi endorse an idea isn't always such a good thing.

    I am sure that your point about Rev Wright is just as relevant to this thread in his own way even though I cannot see the connection at the moment.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #87
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    We aren't talking about that why even bring it up? But if you insist, can you source it?
    That was common knowledge I believed, and thought you would have zero problems googl'in it... but if you insist:
    American and British aircraft continuously maintained the integrity of the NFZ, receiving anti-aircraft fire from Iraqi forces almost daily...

    In the aftermath of Operation Desert Fox during December 1998, Iraq announced it would no longer respect the no-fly zones and resumed its efforts in shooting down Allied aircraft. Saddam Hussein offered a $14,000 reward to anyone who could accomplish this task, but no manned aircraft were ever shot down by Iraq.

    Iraqi no-fly zones - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That should have spelled the end of Saddam. Clinton had no testicles.

    You said its not new but you called it the creation of a doctrine, which is it?
    You can apply a tactic or series of tactics, and call it a doctrine for that situation.

    How can the NFZ idea be around for a long time, but also just have been created? I think what you are trying to say is that she's ahead of the curve on choosing to use this already existing doctrine. Which would mean she didn't develop the doctrine herself but was smart enough to understand that it should be used before others came to a similar conculsion, is that correct?
    She was ahead of the curve for calling for stated action.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Putting it in red doesn't make it truer.

    And, like I said, something her handlers told her to say can't really be considered a 'doctrine'.

    She still can't find Libya on a map.
    Wiseone: See what I mean about engaging in fact laden debate? It's like pissing in the wind most of the time with the left.

    What is interesting is to watch the Left suffer from The Bends, from Political Pretzilitis, and Hypocritus Maximus. JetBoogieMan took the hammer and rand the 3km high carnival bell on that one... Ding... and he scored the Grand Prize.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-22-11 at 01:39 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,919

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    from Zimmer on Palin

    She was ahead of the curve for calling for stated action.

    So what? Why is this important?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #89
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    from Zimmer on Palin




    So what? Why is this important?
    ROTFLOL... you really have to ask? Because Obama is such a braniac, and Palin is such a dimwit in the eyes of people like you. Go back and read what Obama said about war, foreign policy, Gitmo. It seems like Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, and Wiley Coyote from WB had been his advisors. It fails the sober and mature test. Beyond that he's been awful during crisis, and we now have two that you can compare apples and apples where Obama shot his mouth off; The Gulf Spill and Libya/ME.

    And you do recall how Obama touted his "superior judgment" and shat upon Bush for having none? Man he looks the idiot now, doesn't he?

    Palin? I think it's obvious where she stands, and if it isn't she'll tell you soon enough.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-22-11 at 02:06 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,919

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ROTFLOL... you really have to ask? Because Obama is such a braniac, and Palin is such a dimwit in the eyes of people like you. Go back and read what Obama said about war, foreign policy, Gitmo. It seems like Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, and Wiley Coyote from WB had been his advisors. It fails the sober and mature test. Beyond that he's been awful during crisis, and we now have two that you can compare apples and apples where Obama shot his mouth off; The Gulf Spill and Libya/ME.

    And you do recall how Obama touted his "superior judgment" and shat upon Bush for having none? Man he looks the idiot now, doesn't he?

    Palin? I think it's obvious where she stands, and if it isn't she'll tell you soon enough.

    .
    How does Sarah Palin - or anyone for that matter - saying something weeks ago prove or disprove anything about her overall intelligence and knowledge of the times she lives in?
    Last edited by haymarket; 03-22-11 at 02:10 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •