Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 158

Thread: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

  1. #71
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Please note the editor's correction to your post... bolded.



    All were ahead of The Curve... were leading... and where was Obama?

    .
    Wait, so Obama defines the curve now?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  2. #72
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Ya I do. Except I have the capacity to hold to my own values and not let someone else's actions govern them.
    As do I. We prefer to handle our matters differently, that's all.

    If I believe that maturity is an important part of any productive political process, or if I believe I want to beat my opponents through the use of undeniable facts or reasonable arguments which both explain my position and specifically what I have wrong with my opponent's position,
    You have faith this will work. I don't. The evidence is all around you. For example... how thick does one have to be to realize there wasn't much option left for Bush43 concerning Iraq. 12-years and 16 useless UN resolutions left the scab open, and our security in the balance. Everyone of our allies believed he had WMD. Blix believed it. Kay believed it. And to juxtapose our lack of knowledge there about the state of his WMD (something the UN was supposed to know all about) with their neighbor, that was as big a surprise in the other direction; we learned Iran had an 18-year nuke program. Bush gave the tyrant a last chance and he failed to take it. If the fools repeating their weary lines ever took the time to read Hans Blix's statements, David Kay's statements, Hillary Clintons' Code Pink meeting and Woodward's book... just look at the first three, forget the book, anyone with half a brain would start singing a different tune. But no. Their political leadership is poison and treasonous for voting to send troops to war and then stabbing them in the back when they needed their support the most. Sending troops to war and then back stabbing them for political expedience is low, disgusting, treasonous and reflective of the opposition we have to deal with.
    This is their leadership. Their foot soldiers are just as vile.

    I try reason, but I also try other tactics. I believe in attacking from all sides, and using all available options.

    and I may even suggest a compromise
    I am not for compromise, I am for winning. We've compromised enough. 13,000,000,000,000 in debt, a poor school system, expanding government... no, no, no... no compromise here. I want truth and success... period. The greatest good for the greatest number.

    You see, I am open minded and am willing to change if the evidence points to something working better. It's how I made the transition from Commi Lib to Conservative. Unfortunately the book link at the bottom of the page (another tactic) reflects the problem... I wonder how many Libs sucked up enough courage to read the free book to see if they and their closed mindedness were the problem ? My bet... a goose egg. It would destroy their world.

    if I believe that I have the guts and ability to stick to it even if my opponent wants to use a poop joke. I won't use my opponent's actions as justification for anything and will never use the excuse that "if they aren't going to be mature, then I don't have to."
    You're claiming Steve Bell's toons are immature... I find them funny as hell and using one of his is an effective way to ridicule the opposition. Ridicule elicits responses not usually forthcoming.

    Bull****, there's nothing stopping you from being mature regardless of what the other guy is doing other than you're own fortitude and ability to take a little crap and bad wit without it bruising your ego.
    Again, I do not accept the premise of your argument which is found in the first line and begins with the letter "m".

    Also I wasn't comparing you to Obama, I was comparing you to yourself, I'd bet my bottom dollar that liberal zimmer was just as much of an arrogant egotistical ass as conservative one is.
    I know who you were comparing me to... but I thought I would throw in something I now have in common (from your eyes and perhaps many Libs I've managed to irritate along the way) with The One, The One We Have Been Waiting for, The One the Egyptians, Libyans, and French Have Been Waiting For. The Messiah. The Arrogant One.

    Ready for another toon?

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-19-11 at 11:05 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Let me put it another way, since winning is so important, you aren't going to convince anyone of anything by mocking them. People don't respond well to that kind of treatment, I've told you this before and you basically said well they deserve it. But regardless of that you aren't convincing anyone, which is what you need to "win" you need more people to support Republicans or Palin or whatever. Mockery won't do it, so you have to choose are you going to continue mocking people because it feels good when you do, and don't deny you don't love the feeling, or are you going to stop being mocking people is unproductive towards your own stated goal?

    For example you mock me by asking "Ready for another toon?" you know I hate those things yet you still want to do it. Why? I'm assuming because it makes you feel good, but since you said winning was your goal you're actually driving me away from listening to any argument you make. I'm less and less willing to continue this conversation the longer it goes on, which means you have less and less of a chance to convince me of anything. Do you want to "win" or do you want to just insult people because it strokes you're ego?

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    LOL... I see you are a subscriber to the AOL/Huffington Post and have taken time from your busy schedule to unsheath your mighty wit. I am sure you have proof for both claims?

    Wiseone: See what I mean?

    .
    Your thread tanked when you started posting racist cartoons.

  5. #75
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    The government is our benefactor thats a new one from you.
    no, but Britons definitely benefited from the Thatcher administration, which is likely whey they kept her as long as they did.

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no, but Britons definitely benefited from the Thatcher administration, which is likely whey they kept her as long as they did.
    Duration is no indicator of success. Do a survey and you'll find that the peacetime government most Brits deem to have been most successful was that of Clement Atlee that lasted just 5 years but which introduced the NHS, welfare state, comprehensive education to 16, dismantled the empire and reconstructed the nation after the war. Compare all that with what Thatcher achieved in 11 years and with the backing of the billions brought into the national purse by North Sea oil. She squandered that money, destroyed British manufacturing industry - something that even Conservatives today bemoan - and sold off the nation's infrastructure and utilities to her carpet-bagging friends in big business.

    Now, what do you, from all the way over the other side of the world, think the British people benefitted from Thatcher? Were you even born when she came to power?
    Last edited by Andalublue; 03-20-11 at 05:50 AM.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #77
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    The 'Palin Doctrine':
    Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya

    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...o-war-in-libya

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-20-11 at 07:13 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  8. #78
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The 'Palin Doctrine':
    Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya

    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...o-war-in-libya

    .
    Except, you know, Palin was only parroting it.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  9. #79
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,452
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Except, you know, Palin was only parroting it.
    Link for the proof of this please? You can assume, but you do not know, nor do I. What we do know is she was ahead of the curve with a couple other folks.
    What we also know is Obama is following Palin's lead of several weeks ago. First he keeps all Bush43's infrastructure in place to keep America safe, then he follows Palin. Libs must be in a full fledged tizzy.

    The 'Palin Doctrine':
    Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya

    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...o-war-in-libya

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-20-11 at 07:33 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Palin Doctrine Emerges as Arab League Echoes Her Demarche on Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    The 'Palin Doctrine':
    Obama follows Mama Grizzly to war in Libya

    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...o-war-in-libya

    .
    You're link doesn't work. But you shouldn't need a source to tell you that the idea of a No fly zone is something which goes all the way back to the end of the Gulf War at the very earliest.

    Also you should look up the word doctrine a doctrine is a plan its a set way of doing things which will produce a certain result, hopefully. Its more than a simple statement like "we should do a no fly zone" its what comes before that, how each step is achieved in detail and where to go from there.

    Here's an example of doctrine FM 7-8 Table of Contents and thats just a small piece of what there is to offer and its hundreds of pages long.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •