Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 152

Thread: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

  1. #71
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    And your only problem with that is what? You don't agree with it so he shouldn't believe it? Hardly a supporter of freedom of religion...are you?
    i'm not a supporter of hatred and hypocrisy.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #72
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    03-26-12 @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    97

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    The people making disparaging comments about the man ought to feel ashamed of themselves. Glenn Beck has had a rough life and slowly gone insane over the years. Shame on FOX NEWS for profiting off of mental illness, and shame on the people railing against him for treating him like a neurotypical individual. This man needs help, and when FOX allows him to wallow in his paranoid delusions it only allows his condition to degenerate.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    If God controls everything, how can a major natural event such as this earthquake be anything other than his doing? Some look at it as a message, others as a lesson, others as senseless...regardless of how people view the event, one thing is clear; God allowed it to happen and His reason(s) cannot be known with 100% certainty in this life.

    So, is Glenn Beck right? Well, maybe...but we can't know if he's right or wrong. He is entitled to his opinion and does not deserve ridicule for his religous beliefs.
    You and Glenn Beck are both welcomed to have stupid beliefs. Don't expect us to not make fun of the fact that you clearly have no idea what a tectonic plate is or how they work. I call the beliefs stupid because they're uneducated. They're mythological explanations for real scientifically explainable events. Earthquakes happen today for the same reason they happened 6 thousand years and 500 millions years ago. They don't happen because fairies are angry at you. They don't happen because Zeus wants to smite us. They happen for the reason reasons they've been happening before human beings were even on this planet. When you hide behind religion to defend your own stupidity you look mighty dishonest in the eyes of those you're defending yourself against. Being religious is no excuse for being a ****ing moron.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 03-16-11 at 04:39 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #74
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You and Glenn Beck are both welcomed to have stupid beliefs. Don't expect us to not make fun of the fact that you clearly have no idea what a tectonic plate is or how they work. I call the beliefs stupid because they're uneducated. They're mythological explanations for real scientifically explainable events. Earthquakes happen today for the same reason they happened 6 thousand years and 500 millions years ago. They don't happen because fairies are angry at you. They don't happen because Zeus wants to smite us. They happen for the reason reasons they've been happening before human beings were even on this planet. When you hide behind religion to defend your own stupidity you look mighty dishonest in the eyes of those you're defending yourself against. Being religious is no excuse for being a ****ing moron.
    plate.jpg

    10 characters.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Glenn Beck is top rated jackass. This guy should have a HAM radio, NOT a talk show. Total shock jock loser.


    LISTEN: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)
    Wonder what was said before he said that.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  6. #76
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Glenn Beck is top rated jackass. This guy should have a HAM radio, NOT a talk show. Total shock jock loser.
    LISTEN: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)
    Yeah.....Beck is just that -- a jackass. In the beginning, I thought he might have something to add, but alas, no, he doesn't.

  7. #77
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You and Glenn Beck are both welcomed to have stupid beliefs. Don't expect us to not make fun of the fact that you clearly have no idea what a tectonic plate is or how they work. I call the beliefs stupid because they're uneducated. They're mythological explanations for real scientifically explainable events. Earthquakes happen today for the same reason they happened 6 thousand years and 500 millions years ago. They don't happen because fairies are angry at you. They don't happen because Zeus wants to smite us. They happen for the reason reasons they've been happening before human beings were even on this planet. When you hide behind religion to defend your own stupidity you look mighty dishonest in the eyes of those you're defending yourself against. Being religious is no excuse for being a ****ing moron.
    You are entitled to your opinion, but not the name calling. You have no right to ridicule people for their beliefs and, depending on the situation, can be held criminally liable for what you say. If you don't want to believe in a deity, that's fine with me. While I disagree, I'm not going to call you a **** moron or stupid. But, that's the difference between conservatism and liberalism. Conservatism seeks to bestow freedom while liberalism seeks to force conformity. Conservatism seeks to educate and convince, liberalism (and you) seek to force compliance through ridicule or legislation. We've chosen our sides and I like where I stand.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  8. #78
    Professor
    ElCid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-11 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,784
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    What turned me off permanently was when he dressed up like Moses. That did it for me. No more Beck, ever again. He's under-educated, hopelessly goofy and fringe, big time.

  9. #79
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,040

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    You have no right to ridicule people for their beliefs ...
    Stupid ideas should be called stupid ideas. Maybe it shouldn't be put as forcefully as Hatuey did, but I'd rather people be more blunt about stuff than allow people to walk around and say stuff like "God was behind 9/11 because we don't have morals" and then not be able to call their ideas what they are.

    Also, your holier than thou crap (while trying to act modest) is sickening. Your definitions of conservatism and liberalism are laughable. You essentially ridicule liberalism while complaining about others ridiculing beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  10. #80
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion, but not the name calling. You have no right to ridicule people for their beliefs and, depending on the situation, can be held criminally liable for what you say. If you don't want to believe in a deity, that's fine with me. While I disagree, I'm not going to call you a **** moron or stupid. But, that's the difference between conservatism and liberalism. Conservatism seeks to bestow freedom while liberalism seeks to force conformity. Conservatism seeks to educate and convince, liberalism (and you) seek to force compliance through ridicule or legislation. We've chosen our sides and I like where I stand.
    From what I've seen, both sides use conformity to adopt their own agendas. You simply believe conservatives bestow freedom because they push your values.

    If someone's beliefs are stupid, you have every right to ridicule them for it. Keep them to yourself if you don't want people to criticize them. When Beck puts his values on TV, he should know he's going to get criticized when he says stupid ****.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •