Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 152

Thread: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

  1. #101
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    This post is why no one takes you seriously.
    Your inability to come up with a real reply doesn't surprise anybody here son. Now go play with the other blond children.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,952

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    To be honest, I'm tired of Glenn Beck acting like he's the leader of Christians or speaking for God. He has no authority to do so, and his theology is crazy. I think the guy does it to manipulate weak minded Christians that would follow anyone that invokes the name of God over a situation.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I don't think he's crazy; he's just using crap like this to get attention.
    Exactly. Beck is actually pretty smart, and a good showman. It's the people who take what he says at face value who are nuts.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #104
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Maybe we should make all the fundie Christians live on the fault lines... then they can believe they are being punished by God every time a quakes hits...
    Did Beck say the Japanese were being punished by God?
    That's just sick..I think I'll stop watching him.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #105
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Before I start, I seem to have given the impression that I agree with Beck. I don't. I just played devil's advocate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's the other way around. Your beliefs are trying to contradict the facts. The fact is an earthquake happens because of an articulable process occurring along the tectonic plates. Your beliefs are trying to say God made that happen.
    No, they really don't. While science can explain most things that happen, that does not preclude God from the picture. When the belief is that God is all knowing and all powerful the logical conclusion is that God created science and science obeys His will. You make the assumption that if God is involved it must appear to be mystical and magical with no rational explanation. While He can do that, He chooses the laws of science for the preponderance of his actions.



    No, you don't get off that easy. Bullying is a criminally liable offense, calling somebody an idiot is not. It's actually protected speech.
    What would you call what you are doing? Are you not using verbal abuse in an attempt to impose your will? Just because you are failing doesn't mean it isn't bullying.


    The fact that you're sitting here trying to argue that your belief in God's role in earthquakes does not contradict the facts about the causes of an earthquake is all I need to prove that Republicans and the right wing of America as a whole have an agenda to promote ignorance. You're a member of the ideology who compares pedophilia to homosexuality. You're a member of the ideology that says God created the Bible in 6 days. You're a member of the ideology who is seeking to introduce religion into the classroom. You're a member of the ideology who seeks to argue that men who owned slaves wanted to abolish slavery. Really, the answer on how the right promotes ignorance is long. Which example would you like me to discuss?
    We aren't going to discuss any of them, they are just things you made up.

    Because your God doesn't exist. Get used to it.
    He does exist...get used to it.

    When you claim your God does X and then be ready to back that up. It's a claim based on the reality without any evidence supporting it.
    Um...that's why they call it faith. But if you want evidence, it is simple to find and easy to understand. It is called the law of conservation of mass. Matter can be neither created nor destroyed. In order for the universe to exist is must have violated a law of physics. The only explanation that we have is for a deity to have done so.

    Quit hiding behind your religion and your obvious ideological reshuffling. If you think God caused the earthquake, bring some evidence. Otherwise, your belief is stupid and has no more validity than saying that fairies split the fault lines and caused the earthqauke. End of story.
    It wasn't fairies. It was trolls...they made the phones...they control the banks and they cause earthquakes. This is pure genius and Charlie agrees with me.

    All kidding aside. You don't have to believe, but I'm not hiding behind anything. I am up front and honest about what I believe and I didn't come to my beliefs lightly. I did not inherit my beliefs. I came to them late in life.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  6. #106
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    This constant assertion that every natural disaster is somehow an expression of God's wrath is bad theology. The Bible speaks to human suffering. Its called "time and chance" in Ecclesiastes 9:11. Many good and bad things occur to people regardless of whether they are good or evil. As Jesus explained, God lets it rain on both the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45). In fact, in Luke 13:4-5 Christ refers to a specific contemporary tragedy ". . . Those eighteen on whom the tower of Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish" (Luke 13:4-5).

    The lesson of every natural disaster and human tragedy is not that the other guy sinned (he did... and so did you), its that life is short. The end will come without notice, like a "thief in the night". Remember, no one gets off this planet alive, so you best be worried more about your treasures in heaven than your 401(k).

    Luke 21:34 "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap"
    Ya, I gave the impression I was agreeing with Beck and that wasn't the case. I was just playing devil's advocate for a moment. You are 100% correct.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  7. #107
    Advisor ADG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Purple Mountains Majesty
    Last Seen
    07-02-11 @ 07:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    399

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Beck is a total tool, and was much more entertaining when he didn't have a T.V. show and you thought that he might be kidding, a la Colbert. His radio show used to be funny. But now that he is on T.V., and you see the sincerity in his diatribes, you realize his is a few grapes short of a fruit salad.

  8. #108
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,054

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Ya, I gave the impression I was agreeing with Beck and that wasn't the case. I was just playing devil's advocate for a moment. You are 100% correct.
    I wasn't taking you to task as much as your previous post was the best set-up for what I wanted to say. It drives me nuts every time we have a disaster some fundie wants to blame it on the evil that is going on in the country where the disaster occurred. Its bad theology.

  9. #109
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Candice Lynn View Post
    Well let's compare. I'm a registered republican. I believe that Obama was born in Hawaii. I know that he was raised in Indonesia, by his step father and mother, but we sent to live with this maternal grandparents around the age of 10, who also lived in Hawaii. I know that his father was from Kenya. I know that Obama is, according to family a third generation muslim (by birth) according to his Aunt Sarah an I quote "And I quote "There's three generations of Muslims in the family,"Auntie Sarah interjected, from the kitchen. She wiped her hand and came over to join us. "The religion of your birth is Islam, George, because that is the religion of your father's side of the family. You know, you're a third-generation Muslim in our eyes."

    Page 107 ~ Homeland by George Hussein Obama
    ......................

    Anything else?
    All this proves to me is that you may not be a birther, but you have chosen to take another road to the same outcome which is to plant the seed of doubt about Barrack Obama's citizenship and religion, it's clear that since the repubs with their obvious repeated failures at governing had to come up with some way to manipulate the facts. The facts are clear the republican party has not been able to find a presidental candidate who is capable of leading since 1973

  10. #110
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-22-11 @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    463

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Another brilliant thread from another lib who won't be accountable for IGNORING CONTEXT.. he was baiting you.. and it WORKED..

    You folks realize he does things like that to suck you in and make you look like a fool, don't you?
    CROUCH DOWN AND LICK THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU; MAY YOUR CHAINS WEIGH LIGHTLY UPON YOU; AND MAY PROSPERITY FORGET THAT YE WERE MY COUNTRYMEN. -SAMUEL ADAMS

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •