Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 152

Thread: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

  1. #91
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's not an opinion. It's a fact. Earthquakes have a scientific explanation behind them.
    Your facts don't contradict my beliefs.



    Of course I do. It's called the first amendment.



    Really? Under which situation can you be held criminally liable for calling somebody a complete idiot?
    Nine students arrested for teen's suicide – American Morning - CNN.com Blogs




    I'm not calling you or Beck morons because you believe in a diety. I'm calling Beck a moron for suggesting that earthquakes are a manifestation of your diety when in reality there is a logical explanation behind them and no need for a faith based one.



    If you believe that an ideology which supports legislation against gay marriage, faith based initiatives and promotes academic ignorance is seeking to educate and 'bestow freedom' you're much worse than Glenn Beck is.
    Now we are getting into more issues than just religion...but the down and dirty is this: Many conservatives wish to end the government's recognition of marriage all together. This would end the long standing violations of the First Amendment created by regulating the religous ceremony/institution. I'd like to hear how faith based initiatives don't promote freedom and I wonder how you get that conservatives promote acadmeic ignorance when it is democrats that control the worst school districts in America.

    Why don't you do us both a favor, I'll prove to you that my opinion on why the earthquake happen is not an opinion but a fact, and you show me that your beliefs about why the earthquake happened are actually supported by any kind of evidence. Deal?
    I don't think you get how God made the world. The existence of a scientific explanation does not preclude the existence of God. You can't win the argument, in my mind, because God created the heavens, earth AND SCIENCE. Just because it happened and we could predict it doesn't mean it wasn't set forth by God (knowing what would transpire) years, decades, centuries or millennia ago.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  2. #92
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,590
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    I'd say the reason the Japanese are calm compared to those in Katrina and Haiti is because they're prepared, they know they live on a fault line, and they know they're at risk of tsunamis, so they have plans, the government has plans, and every one is more-or-less as prepared as you can get.
    Absolutely. I am so impressed by the way the population has stepped up during this catastrophe. They're calm, stoic in the face of great loss, work urgently to help each other, and I haven't seen a single person running down the street with a flat-screen tv. They work together like a well-oiled machine. I admire the hell out of them.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    12-15-11 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    61

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Glenn Beck is top rated jackass. This guy should have a HAM radio, NOT a talk show. Total shock jock loser.


    LISTEN: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)
    Don't really understand why saying it "might" be a message from God
    is all that controversial. Typical Huffington Post crapola. Trying to make something out of nothing.

  4. #94
    Sleeper Agent
    iamitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NY, NY
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 01:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by C-21 Cowboy View Post
    Don't really understand why saying it "might" be a message from God
    is all that controversial. Typical Huffington Post crapola. Trying to make something out of nothing.
    It "might" be lots of things. Evil space monkies "might" have done it. The thing is, we know what did it.
    Give a man a fish, or he will destroy the only existing vial of antidote.

  5. #95
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,876

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    P.S. He wasn't dressed as Moses, but as YODA. LOL!
    he's nucking futs. yoda doesn't dress like that or have a staff like that. ever.

    that is why Beck fails.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  6. #96
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    he's nucking futs. yoda doesn't dress like that or have a staff like that. ever.

    that is why Beck fails.


    You mean Yoda didn't look like a colourblind, middle-aged Gandalf?
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  7. #97
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I don't think he's crazy; he's just using crap like this to get attention.
    I've often thought the same about the people who create all of these Glenn Beck threads.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    Your facts don't contradict my beliefs.
    It's the other way around. Your beliefs are trying to contradict the facts. The fact is an earthquake happens because of an articulable process occurring along the tectonic plates. Your beliefs are trying to say God made that happen.

    No, you don't get off that easy. Bullying is a criminally liable offense, calling somebody an idiot is not. It's actually protected speech.

    Now we are getting into more issues than just religion...but the down and dirty is this: Many conservatives wish to end the government's recognition of marriage all together. This would end the long standing violations of the First Amendment created by regulating the religous ceremony/institution. I'd like to hear how faith based initiatives don't promote freedom and I wonder how you get that conservatives promote acadmeic ignorance when it is democrats that control the worst school districts in America.
    The fact that you're sitting here trying to argue that your belief in God's role in earthquakes does not contradict the facts about the causes of an earthquake is all I need to prove that Republicans and the right wing of America as a whole have an agenda to promote ignorance. You're a member of the ideology who compares pedophilia to homosexuality. You're a member of the ideology that says God created the Bible in 6 days. You're a member of the ideology who is seeking to introduce religion into the classroom. You're a member of the ideology who seeks to argue that men who owned slaves wanted to abolish slavery. Really, the answer on how the right promotes ignorance is long. Which example would you like me to discuss?
    I don't think you get how God made the world.
    Because your God doesn't exist. Get used to it.

    The existence of a scientific explanation does not preclude the existence of God.
    When you claim your God does X and then be ready to back that up. It's a claim based on the reality without any evidence supporting it.

    You can't win the argument, in my mind, because God created the heavens, earth AND SCIENCE. Just because it happened and we could predict it doesn't mean it wasn't set forth by God (knowing what would transpire) years, decades, centuries or millennia ago.
    Quit hiding behind your religion and your obvious ideological reshuffling. If you think God caused the earthquake, bring some evidence. Otherwise, your belief is stupid and has no more validity than saying that fairies split the fault lines and caused the earthqauke. End of story.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #99
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's the other way around. Your beliefs are trying to contradict the facts. The fact is an earthquake happens because of an articulable process occurring along the tectonic plates. Your beliefs are trying to say God made that happen.



    No, you don't get off that easy. Bullying is a criminally liable offense, calling somebody an idiot is not. It's actually protected speech.



    The fact that you're sitting here trying to argue that your belief in God's role in earthquakes does not contradict the facts about the causes of an earthquake is all I need to prove that Republicans and the right wing of America as a whole have an agenda to promote ignorance. You're a member of the ideology who compares pedophilia to homosexuality. You're a member of the ideology that says God created the Bible in 6 days. You're a member of the ideology who is seeking to introduce religion into the classroom. You're a member of the ideology who seeks to argue that men who owned slaves wanted to abolish slavery. Really, the answer on how the right promotes ignorance is long. Which example would you like me to discuss?


    Because your God doesn't exist. Get used to it.



    When you claim your God does X and then be ready to back that up. It's a claim based on the reality without any evidence supporting it.



    Quit hiding behind your religion and your obvious ideological reshuffling. If you think God caused the earthquake, bring some evidence. Otherwise, your belief is stupid and has no more validity than saying that fairies split the fault lines and caused the earthqauke. End of story.
    This post is why no one takes you seriously.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #100
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Glenn Beck: Japan Earthquake Might Be A 'Message' From God (AUDIO)

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    If God controls everything, how can a major natural event such as this earthquake be anything other than his doing? Some look at it as a message, others as a lesson, others as senseless...regardless of how people view the event, one thing is clear; God allowed it to happen and His reason(s) cannot be known with 100% certainty in this life.

    So, is Glenn Beck right? Well, maybe...but we can't know if he's right or wrong. He is entitled to his opinion and does not deserve ridicule for his religoius beliefs.
    This constant assertion that every natural disaster is somehow an expression of God's wrath is bad theology. The Bible speaks to human suffering. Its called "time and chance" in Ecclesiastes 9:11. Many good and bad things occur to people regardless of whether they are good or evil. As Jesus explained, God lets it rain on both the just and the unjust (Matthew 5:45). In fact, in Luke 13:4-5 Christ refers to a specific contemporary tragedy ". . . Those eighteen on whom the tower of Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish" (Luke 13:4-5).

    The lesson of every natural disaster and human tragedy is not that the other guy sinned (he did... and so did you), its that life is short. The end will come without notice, like a "thief in the night". Remember, no one gets off this planet alive, so you best be worried more about your treasures in heaven than your 401(k).

    Luke 21:34 "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap"
    Last edited by upsideguy; 03-17-11 at 11:23 AM.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •