Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

  1. #11
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    It's not that she is stupid. She's a revisionist. Like most Tea Partiers. It's not that these people don't care about history, it's that they have a vested interest in changing it. Massachusetts is a strong Liberal state. To even suggest that a strong Liberal state started the war would be... well simply unfathomable to these people.
    ROTFLOL... Oh yes, let's talk about revisionism. MA is a strong Liberal state; John Adams was the model for The Karl Marx Kennedy's. The younger generation.

    Wait. JFK sent troops to battle. JFK believed in lower taxes raising all boats. JFK actually believed in America and not what the government can do for you. It wasn't that long ago, and he was a Democrat... in fact a lot of what he said put him closer to the Tea Party than Obamanomics and Bow-Wow-Wow foreign policy. Tells you how Liberal and what type of Liberalism they practiced up to 50-years ago from MA.

    So Liberal they elected Scott Brown.

    Revisionist look in thy mirror.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-15-11 at 08:31 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #12
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,132

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Like when Obama said that his uncle's unit liberated Auschwitz? That kind of revision?
    What is it about conservatives that have this need to find equivalence across the aisle in every one of their stumbles. I thought they were the party of personal responsibility. That means, when you screw-up you say "I screwed up", you don't look around to find someone that screwed-up the same. It's "I screwed up", not "I am no worse than Johnny"

    Even the equivalence is rarely equivalent, such as the this.

    Bachmann did not misspeak, nor is she revisionist, she is just plain ignorant of t facts.

    Though a silly comparison to the point at hand, Obama talking about his uncle liberating Auschwitz was but a misstatement of immaterial fact. It did not detract from his point that his uncle participated in WWII heroics by his unit being involved with the liberation of Nazi concentration camp (his primary point), just not Auschwitz.

    PolitiFact | Uncle liberated camp, but not Auschwitz

  3. #13
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Obama isn't stupid... She isn't necessarily stupid either, but she does seem less pragmatic, and very dogmatic and rhetorical, which makes her appear less grounded and more stubborn to accept the truth and deal with facts. People make jokes about Obama voters drinking koolaid. OMG... take a look a Bachmann, she is so into the TP and ripping Obama, it's like a religion to her... she thinks she is absolutely right, and Obama is absolutely wrong. The woman is totally out of hand, and has no chase of ever leading the free world.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #15
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    What is it about conservatives that have this need to find equivalence across the aisle in every one of their stumbles. I thought they were the party of personal responsibility. That means, when you screw-up you say "I screwed up", you don't look around to find someone that screwed-up the same. It's "I screwed up", not "I am no worse than Johnny"

    Even the equivalence is rarely equivalent, such as the this.

    Bachmann did not misspeak, nor is she revisionist, she is just plain ignorant of t facts.

    Though a silly comparison to the point at hand, Obama talking about his uncle liberating Auschwitz was but a misstatement of immaterial fact. It did not detract from his point that his uncle participated in WWII heroics by his unit being involved with the liberation of Nazi concentration camp (his primary point), just not Auschwitz.

    PolitiFact | Uncle liberated camp, but not Auschwitz
    What is it about liberals that every tiny mistake a conservative makes shows how stupid they are, yet a similar mistake from one of their gods is a simple "misspeak" ??

    Hypocrisy anyone ????

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #16
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Yes, and Obama visited all 57 States.

    You guys are getting desperate.


    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder



    When I call the TPs 'Teabrains' some may think I'm being unfairly harsh. Of course not all the TPs are stupid -- but some of their leaders most definitely are.

    This is what you get America.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  7. #17
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    The only "equivalency" going on here is by the Lefty's...you kids have to defend Obama no matter what
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    What is it about conservatives that have this need to find equivalence across the aisle in every one of their stumbles. I thought they were the party of personal responsibility. That means, when you screw-up you say "I screwed up", you don't look around to find someone that screwed-up the same. It's "I screwed up", not "I am no worse than Johnny"
    Just a consistancy check, is all.

    [quoteEven the equivalence is rarely equivalent, such as the this.

    Bachmann did not misspeak, nor is she revisionist, she is just plain ignorant of t facts.

    Though a silly comparison to the point at hand, Obama talking about his uncle liberating Auschwitz was but a misstatement of immaterial fact. It did not detract from his point that his uncle participated in WWII heroics by his unit being involved with the liberation of Nazi concentration camp (his primary point), just not Auschwitz.

    PolitiFact | Uncle liberated camp, but not Auschwitz[/QUOTE]

    Kinda like Obama, right?

  9. #19
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Obama isn't stupid... She isn't necessarily stupid either, but she does seem less pragmatic, and very dogmatic and rhetorical, which makes her appear less grounded and more stubborn to accept the truth and deal with facts. People make jokes about Obama voters drinking koolaid. OMG... take a look a Bachmann, she is so into the TP and ripping Obama, it's like a religion to her... she thinks she is absolutely right, and Obama is absolutely wrong. The woman is totally out of hand, and has no chase of ever leading the free world.
    Obama's pragmatic?

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Michele Bachmann's Historical Blunder

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    What is it about liberals that every tiny mistake a conservative makes shows how stupid they are, yet a similar mistake from one of their gods is a simple "misspeak" ??

    Hypocrisy anyone ????
    Strawman.

    No one has argued that every conservative is stupid. We just call out the stupid and crazy ones who keep saying stupid and crazy things like Bachmann.

    I think reasonable people can differentiate between someone misspeaking occasionally (Biden) and someone who consistently demonstrates they don't really understand what they're talking about. (Palin)

    A fewer and fewer people defend the likes of Palin, that means the country is coming back to reason. Hopefully.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •