Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 955

Thread: Unions threaten Business

  1. #871
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you are posting surveys as fact while not reporting data based upon regional pay and benefits information.
    I gave you evidence that showed teachers aren't satisfied with their pay - "data on regional pay and benefits" does not describe WHY teachers join the profession. However, surveys where teachers explain that their salaries aren't enough is, in fact evidence for my claim.

    You gave me empty claims. No evidence at all.

  2. #872
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I gave you evidence that showed teachers aren't satisfied with their pay - "data on regional pay and benefits" does not describe WHY teachers join the profession. However, surveys where teachers explain that their salaries aren't enough is, in fact evidence for my claim.

    You gave me empty claims. No evidence at all.
    A survey of teachers not satisfied with their wages doesn't distinguish between union and non union nor is it based upon anything other than their opinions. Being unsatisfied with pay could relate to millions of Americans, union or non union.

  3. #873
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A survey of teachers not satisfied with their wages doesn't distinguish between union and non union nor is it based upon anything other than their opinions. Being unsatisfied with pay could relate to millions of Americans, union or non union.
    I never made a claim about unions so what you're saying is irrelevant. This was my claim:
    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Most teachers and police officers don't go into their profession for the money...
    A survey is the only thing that can back that up. I provided that - it showed that teachers are dissatisfied with their pay aka their pay is not enough motivation to be a teacher.


    These are your claims:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Most teachers and police officers don't need unions either. A merit system works quite well. Unions protect mediocrity and keep good people from achieving their maximum potential.
    You have no evidence.

  4. #874
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A survey of teachers not satisfied with their wages doesn't distinguish between union and non union nor is it based upon anything other than their opinions. Being unsatisfied with pay could relate to millions of Americans, union or non union.
    Quite true

    Which sort of goes to the point that teachers who are part of a union if I recall correctly get paid more then those that are not. After all is not one of the " benifits" of charter schools is that the teachers are paid less, and as such cost less
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  5. #875
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I never made a claim about unions so what you're saying is irrelevant. This was my claim:

    A survey is the only thing that can back that up. I provided that - it showed that teachers are dissatisfied with their pay aka their pay is not enough motivation to be a teacher.


    These are your claims:


    You have no evidence.
    Well excuse me, this thread is about unions so how could I have missed that? Nice diversion

  6. #876
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Quite true

    Which sort of goes to the point that teachers who are part of a union if I recall correctly get paid more then those that are not. After all is not one of the " benifits" of charter schools is that the teachers are paid less, and as such cost less
    It also costs more to be in a union but the fact is different parts of the country have a different cost of living. Today IMO unions have outlived their usefulness and no longer are needed. There are laws on the books to protect workers from unsafe working conditions which was the original purpose of unions. I have absolutely no use for unions which I am sure you understand. As stated, IMO, unions protect mediocrity and that destroys quality and incentive.

  7. #877
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Well excuse me, this thread is about unions so how could I have missed that? Nice diversion
    I have never been in greater disbelief on this board than I am right now.

    I made a claim. You asked me to back it up. I backed it up with evidence.
    You made a claim. I asked you to back it. You provided no evidence.

    You seriously need some help man. No joke.

  8. #878
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It also costs more to be in a union but the fact is different parts of the country have a different cost of living. Today IMO unions have outlived their usefulness and no longer are needed. There are laws on the books to protect workers from unsafe working conditions which was the original purpose of unions. I have absolutely no use for unions which I am sure you understand. As stated, IMO, unions protect mediocrity and that destroys quality and incentive.
    It does cost to be in a union of course, but the main complaint people who do not like unions is that it raises the cost of doing business. Autoworkers in unions generally are better paid then those not in unions, teachers in unions get better paid. Overall for the majorituy of union members they receive more in compensation then those outside of them. Unions today exist to ensure maximum benifits for their members, as such they generally do a good job.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #879
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I have never been in greater disbelief on this board than I am right now.

    I made a claim. You asked me to back it up. I backed it up with evidence.
    You made a claim. I asked you to back it. You provided no evidence.

    You seriously need some help man. No joke.
    Right, I need some help because of a political thread? I suggest you seek some help because you are going to need it going out into the world with the attitude that you have.

  10. #880
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    It does cost to be in a union of course, but the main complaint people who do not like unions is that it raises the cost of doing business. Autoworkers in unions generally are better paid then those not in unions, teachers in unions get better paid. Overall for the majorituy of union members they receive more in compensation then those outside of them. Unions today exist to ensure maximum benifits for their members, as such they generally do a good job.
    Yet non union auto employees continue to get jobs and continue to work while union jobs are being lost as companies cannot compete. What they do is make business non competitive in a world market and that puts added pressure on companies which cannot compete against non union shops. It is all about what the public will buy and it seems that more and more of the public are buying the non union brand. Unions have outlived their usefulness.

Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •