Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 955

Thread: Unions threaten Business

  1. #701
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Shows me how you believe in govt. responsibility over personal responsibility. Where did I ever support improper govt. action? Liberals give away other's money every day on things they believe important. The difference between the two parties is one believes in equal opportunity while the other believes in equal outcome.
    I saw you defending Medicade Part D just now. And all the subisidies (via tax payer dollars) to the big corporations and breaks they get which are not given to other smaller businesses. Which in the end establishes the corporate model of capitalism we have now over free market capitalism which would treat all entities equally. You've been giving away my money on things you believe are important. You spent it on Iraq, you spent it on Medicare, you spent it on improper regulations of the banking industry which broke the system, then you spent it on bailouts for the same corporations which just caused the problem in the first place.

    The difference between the two parties is that one talks about one thing and the other talks about the opposite thing; but in the end they do the same damned thing. Functionally, y'all are the same, and y'all are destroying this Republic.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #702
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Earning is one thing stealing is another, the money that the banking and mortgage companies made from the housing bubble was stealing, the money wall street brokers made is stealing.
    Since it appears that business owners have no incentive to return to America maybe the government should get involved in the creation of wealth more openly, you know instead of creating wars to ensure the flow of oil to American corporations we could form government corporations to handle the oil from the ground to the pump that way we could lessen the impact on the consumer by controlling prices and put the profits back into the government for research and development of alternate energy sources
    Oh, good lord, stealing? There are laws against stealing and if that is the case then prosecture which I believe is being done in some cases. Because you believe it is stealing doesn't make it hte case. Still on the war bit? Get over it, do you have the same outrage over Libya? What a conspiracy theorist you are. There is only one party that cares what you or anyone else makes or pays in taxes and that is the Democrat Party. Free markets set prices and no one forces you to buy from companies you deem unscrupulous.

  3. #703
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I saw you defending Medicade Part D just now. And all the subisidies (via tax payer dollars) to the big corporations and breaks they get which are not given to other smaller businesses. Which in the end establishes the corporate model of capitalism we have now over free market capitalism which would treat all entities equally. You've been giving away my money on things you believe are important. You spent it on Iraq, you spent it on Medicare, you spent it on improper regulations of the banking industry which broke the system, then you spent it on bailouts for the same corporations which just caused the problem in the first place.

    The difference between the two parties is that one talks about one thing and the other talks about the opposite thing; but in the end they do the same damned thing. Functionally, y'all are the same, and y'all are destroying this Republic.
    Only one party doesn't care how much you pay in taxes or how much you make and that isn't the Democrat Party. As for Medicare Part D, please don't talk about legislation you don't understand. Incentive was added to the bill as was individual incentive to shop for better prices. That lowered costs, the results aren't debatable.

  4. #704
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    temporary? for 10 years? LOL, good fortune of being in office while Clinton was in office? Where did welfare reform come from? Lower unemployment thanks to Engler now is credited to Clinton? LOL
    You are making precious little sense in a lame effort to be clever.

    Yes, temporary which lasted just as long as the national boom did.

    Engler enjoyed his time in office during the Clinton years. He benefitted from that period of prosperity. His $32 million in tax cuts have handicapped the state long after he hit the road.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #705
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You are making precious little sense in a lame effort to be clever.

    Yes, temporary which lasted just as long as the national boom did.

    Engler enjoyed his time in office during the Clinton years. He benefitted from that period of prosperity. His $32 million in tax cuts have handicapped the state long after he hit the road.
    Right, there was no national boom from 2001 to 2007 when the GDP grew from 9.9 trillion to 14.5 trillion? In my book 8.9% unemployment down to 3.4% under a Republican Administration offset that 32 million you claim Engler took from the economy. Prove me wrong? Think those employed people paid anything in taxes? Typical liberal revisionist history.

  6. #706
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, good lord, stealing? There are laws against stealing and if that is the case then prosecture which I believe is being done in some cases. Because you believe it is stealing doesn't make it hte case. Still on the war bit? Get over it, do you have the same outrage over Libya? What a conspiracy theorist you are. There is only one party that cares what you or anyone else makes or pays in taxes and that is the Democrat Party. Free markets set prices and no one forces you to buy from companies you deem unscrupulous.
    And so since you believe in the free market why would you be against the government getting involved in some of the manufacturing or service industries, it's okay if Americans die to protect the interests of big business so why not let Americans share in the profits? Let me guess the government that is run by big business could not compete with big business, now that is just a guess.

  7. #707
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    And so since you believe in the free market why would you be against the government getting involved in some of the manufacturing or service industries, it's okay if Americans die to protect the interests of big business so why not let Americans share in the profits? Let me guess the government that is run by big business could not compete with big business, now that is just a guess.
    because the govt. isn't part of the free market, that is like a frog competing against an allegator. it isn't the role of the govt. to create individual wealth as that is the role of the private sector. Govt. prints money whereas business and the states don't. You really don't understand risk taking, investment in private business, P&L Responsibilities, shareholder responsibilities. None of those have anything to do with the govt.

  8. #708
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Only one party doesn't care how much you pay in taxes or how much you make and that isn't the Democrat Party. As for Medicare Part D, please don't talk about legislation you don't understand. Incentive was added to the bill as was individual incentive to shop for better prices. That lowered costs, the results aren't debatable.
    Oh, I understand it just fine. I have several friends and family in the pharmaceutical business, they knew what it was. It was a give away to the pharmaceutical companies (on the research and sales). To claim anything else is to not be honest about what it did. In the end, the large debt and spending and bloated size of government is not just the Democrats doing. The Republicans share equal blame on this one. Functionally, the two parties are rather equivalent. Peas in a pod.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #709
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Oh, I understand it just fine. I have several friends and family in the pharmaceutical business, they knew what it was. It was a give away to the pharmaceutical companies (on the research and sales). To claim anything else is to not be honest about what it did. In the end, the large debt and spending and bloated size of government is not just the Democrats doing. The Republicans share equal blame on this one. Functionally, the two parties are rather equivalent. Peas in a pod.
    Democrats wanted a bigger, govt controlled program. Are you telling me that the consumer didn't benefit from Medicare Part D? Don't disagree that both parties have a spending problem, but there is only one that doesn't care how much money even you make and that is the party I will support in the absence of a better alternative that has a chance to win.

  10. #710
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, there was no national boom from 2001 to 2007 when the GDP grew from 9.9 trillion to 14.5 trillion? In my book 8.9% unemployment down to 3.4% under a Republican Administration offset that 32 million you claim Engler took from the economy. Prove me wrong? Think those employed people paid anything in taxes? Typical liberal revisionist history.
    I do not need to prove your numbers wrong because they are irrelevant to the story of what brought Michigan down.

    I am not "claiming" Engler took $32 million from the State coffers. John Engler himself claims that and I gave you the link.
    Last edited by haymarket; 03-28-11 at 04:08 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •