Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 955

Thread: Unions threaten Business

  1. #61
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Freedom of association isn't collective bargaining. Scott isn't telling anyone that they can't join a union.
    He is invalidating their freedom of contract which is a part of freedom of association. An individual can enter into a contract (which is the basis for employment) as well as a group of individuals.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This boycott is a prime example of that happening.
    I disagree, the union is a private organization, not a public one.

  2. #62
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    He is invalidating their freedom of contract which is a part of freedom of association. An individual can enter into a contract (which is the basis for employment) as well as a group of individuals.
    You don't even know what Collective Bargaining is. Do you?



    I disagree, the union is a private organization, not a public one.
    But, public employee unions get most, if not all of their money from taxes. It should be illegal for them to use tax money to attack private business.

  3. #63
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Oaxaca, Mexico
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 08:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,579

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    I'm sorry but between President Obama's handling of the bond holders in General Motors and invalidating mortgage contracts, not unlike a king, contracts are becomming a moot point.

    Where I worked there was a union without collective bargaining rights. The union still got to shake down the taxpayers, though.

  4. #64
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You don't even know what Collective Bargaining is. Do you?
    Its a group of people entering into a contract with an employer.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, public employee unions get most, if not all of their money from taxes. It should be illegal for them to use tax money to attack private business.
    Once state employees receive a paycheck, that money goes from being public state funds, to private personal funds. Union dues, even though they are transferred through the state's payroll software, is still private once the bank transaction processes and is simply a matter of the state being a proxy in moving what are fully private funds. However, the funds are fully private because they are ultimately derived from paychecks.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 03-12-11 at 07:26 PM.

  5. #65
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You don't even know what Collective Bargaining is. Do you?





    But, public employee unions get most, if not all of their money from taxes. It should be illegal for them to use tax money to attack private business.
    You can't be serious, once a person receives their salary it's no longer public money it's their money to spend or use in any way that they legally choose to use it, it is a shame that the unions private and public didn't start to use this tactic long before now, but you know what they say better late then never

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Its a group of people entering into a contract with an employer.
    Ok, that confirms that you don't have the first damn clue what Collective Bargaining really is.



    Once state employees receive a paycheck, that money goes from being public state funds, to private personal funds. Union dues, even though they are transferred through the state's payroll software, is still private once the bank transaction processes and is simply a matter of the state being a proxy in moving what are fully private funds. However, the funds are fully private because they are ultimately derived from paychecks.
    It's tax payer money, no matter how you spin it.

  7. #67
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ok, that confirms that you don't have the first damn clue what Collective Bargaining really is.

    It's tax payer money, no matter how you spin it.
    I see I have reduced you to making assertions without backing up your statement with logic or examples.

  8. #68
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    You can't be serious, once a person receives their salary it's no longer public money it's their money to spend or use in any way that they legally choose to use it, it is a shame that the unions private and public didn't start to use this tactic long before now, but you know what they say better late then never
    Where does the money come from to pay public employees?

    Taxes, right? The more money that public employees get paid, the more union dues they will pay. So, is it really right for unions, who depend on tax dollars to keep their coffers full, to turn around and use that money to shakedown private businesses? Just because it's leagal doesn't make it right. As I said before, I think the public employee unions have picked a losing battle.

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I see I have reduced you to making assertions without backing up your statement with logic or examples.
    If collective bargaining were simply an employment contract, then everyone would have collective bargaining. But, that's not the case, is it?

  10. #70
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If collective bargaining were simply an employment contract, then everyone would have collective bargaining. But, that's not the case, is it?
    Not everyone wishes to bargain as a group. However, because a right isn't exercised does not mean it doesn't exist. I don't own a gun for example.
    Last edited by tacomancer; 03-12-11 at 07:42 PM.

Page 7 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •