Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 955

Thread: Unions threaten Business

  1. #571
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    BS and more BS and you cannot find a shred of evidence that progressive taxes made the middle class stronger.
    The history of the United States 1930-1980.

    End of thread.

    Progressive taxation is the only way this country survived and grew as long as it has.

    what really spurred the middle class was the huge economic advantage the US had for the period after WWII to about 1960 being the only industrial power that had not been destroyed by the war
    Somewhat. But maintaining a quality of living for the working class, infrastructure, gov investment in science and tech, and education has allowed us to grow beyond that. All the things that I've explained to you many, many times. Big business prospers because of the gov. Not in spite of.

    Unfortunately, a de facto monarchy has sprung up. And their inbred generation of crooks has taken over the markets. Amoral, short sighted, visionless weaklings who fell into wealth and power. Thank god for the self-made men who keep us afloat. Shame on the current Government for not turning back the clock on Bushies follies and cracking down on the markets run amok.

    It may be too late. They may have grown beyond our ability to control them. Another great depression might be what is needed to give an enema to foul corruption in lower manhattan.
    Last edited by hazlnut; 03-20-11 at 09:53 PM.

  2. #572
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The history of the United States 1930-1980.

    End of thread.

    Progressive taxation is the only way this country survived and grew as long as it has.



    Somewhat. But maintaining a quality of living for the working class, infrastructure, gov investment in science and tech, education has allowed us to grow beyond that. All the things that I've explained to you many, many times. Big business prospers because of the gov. Not in spite of.
    no proof, no evidence just BS



  3. #573
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no proof, no evidence just BS
    I've given it all to you in many, many other threads. My breath was wasted.

  4. #574
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I've given it all to you in many, many other threads. My breath was wasted.


    you have never provided any proof to the outlandish claim that progressive tax rates made this country great or expanded the middle class. you might as well claim that Jim Crow laws did because they were in place at the same time



  5. #575
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I stand corrected it appears, there are 6 small countries I missed that spend a higher percentage of GDP on military than the US.
    china is hardly "small".

    but either way, the point remains relevant. It doesn't matter if Georgia spends a higher percentage of GDP than the US; the quality of her military is still poorer than ours. because we spend much, much more. Georgia could spend 25% of GDP on her military and still it wouldn't be as effective as ours.

    It shows the priority for the US and explains why we have dropped in academic achievement compared to the rest of the world.


    You get what you pay for.

    i've seperated those statements because they have no bearing on each other. what portion of the quality of education that is effected by spending is controlled by raw dollars, not percent of GDP. if you were to purchase a $2,000 computer on a $3,000 a month salary, and then got a raise to $5,000 a month; the fact that you got a raise doesn't reduce the quality of your computer. and the claim that you can compare the spending on education to GDP to figure out how it ranks in our national set of priorities is similarly flawed; some things cost more than others. I give more to charity every month than I spend feeding my 3 year old; that doesn't mean that given the choice between the two I would starve my child - he is a higher priority. it just also happens that feeding him costs less.

  6. #576
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have never provided any proof to the outlandish claim that progressive tax rates made this country great or expanded the middle class.
    I did. And either you didn't understand it or weren't ready to let go of you preconceived notions.

    You want evidence? How did the unregulated markets and low taxes for the wealthy during the 1920s. The market was booming, wealth never seen before in the history of the world... then what happened when bulk of it was stuck, frozen at the top?? It all came crashing down.

    Those at the top benefit greatly by all the things government provides -- especially maintaing the quality of living for the working class. You take that away, and you start to move toward the conditions that proceeded the French Revolution. In order to prevent that type of instability resulting from the stratification of the populace into an ever smaller and wealthier moneyed class with a larger working class, all free market democracies engage in progressive taxation and programs to enhance economic opportunity for the lower and middle classes.

    I gave you all this info months ago and you responded with same, tired broken record talking points about 'socialism' and 'leftists'. It was then that I formed the opinion that you were obviously not what you claim. Every lawyer I know has a solid understanding of economics and public policy as well as the balances between the public and private sectors. I have never seen one post by you that demonstrates that.

    Economics of scale?

    Those who control greater amounts of capital are able to participate more directly in shaping government policy, usually in ways that further maximize their wealth. They benefit from Government and therefore should pay their fair share.

  7. #577
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I did. And either you didn't understand it or weren't ready to let go of you preconceived notions.

    You want evidence? How did the unregulated markets and low taxes for the wealthy during the 1920s. The market was booming, wealth never seen before in the history of the world... then what happened when bulk of it was stuck, frozen at the top?? It all came crashing down.

    Those at the top benefit greatly by all the things government provides -- especially maintaing the quality of living for the working class. You take that away, and you start to move toward the conditions that proceeded the French Revolution. In order to prevent that type of instability resulting from the stratification of the populace into an ever smaller and wealthier moneyed class with a larger working class, all free market democracies engage in progressive taxation and programs to enhance economic opportunity for the lower and middle classes.

    I gave you all this info months ago and you responded with same, tired broken record talking points about 'socialism' and 'leftists'. It was then that I formed the opinion that you were obviously not what you claim. Every lawyer I know has a solid understanding of economics and public policy as well as the balances between the public and private sectors. I have never seen one post by you that demonstrates that.

    Economics of scale?

    Those who control greater amounts of capital are able to participate more directly in shaping government policy, usually in ways that further maximize their wealth. They benefit from Government and therefore should pay their fair share.
    you might believe that is proof but it is not. all your beloved income redistribution and new deal have done is to create a massive government that panders to those addicted to suckling on the public teat

    Liberals love evolution except when it comes to economics



  8. #578
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you might believe that is proof but it is not. all your beloved income redistribution and new deal have done is to create a massive government that panders to those addicted to suckling on the public teat
    The bulk of the teat sucking in 2008-2009 came from the top 1% and their middle management flunkies who ran banks into the ground.

    Liberals love evolution except when it comes to economics
    Three hole lines of non-response. "Liberal = bad"

    I see I should have saved my breath. Again, I question your professional claims when you duck out of an honest debate so quickly, grasping for your Limbaugh far-right talking points. Put the broken record back on.

  9. #579
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The history of the United States 1930-1980.

    End of thread.

    Progressive taxation is the only way this country survived and grew as long as it has.
    Wow.......the act of government taking money from people is the only way this country survived.

    ....if only we could Progress to a 100% tax rate.......and really get this country growing.
    .
    .
    .

  10. #580
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,814

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The bulk of the teat sucking in 2008-2009 came from the top 1% and their middle management flunkies who ran banks into the ground.



    Three hole lines of non-response. "Liberal = bad"

    I see I should have saved my breath. Again, I question your professional claims when you duck out of an honest debate so quickly, grasping for your Limbaugh far-right talking points. Put the broken record back on.
    any proof of that claim?



Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •