Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 955

Thread: Unions threaten Business

  1. #561
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    i would tell you that you are extremely full of it, but i'm sure you have been told that before. you wouldnt be a union brother of mine if you were lazy and worthless , you wouldnt last long.
    Sure I would.....as soon as I have my tenure I would be untouchable....with virtually no chance of being fired.....a bloated paycheck regardless of results.....and Free Gold Plated Health Care and a Diamond Inlayed Pension for eternity........all paid for by stealing from poor and middle class workers who make less and have fewer benefits.

    ........this is what Union Pride is all about, my fellow Union Brother.
    .
    .
    .

  2. #562
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    But we never had a strong middle class until progressive taxes.
    BS and more BS and you cannot find a shred of evidence that progressive taxes made the middle class stronger. what really spurred the middle class was the huge economic advantage the US had for the period after WWII to about 1960 being the only industrial power that had not been destroyed by the war



  3. #563
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,852

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    only 300 bucks for a good kneecapping? damn...just damn.....back in the day that was a grand easy......i know times are tough and all, but only 300? i miss the good ol' days.
    Tell me about it! Now you have to do three just to get what one would get you at our height of power. And then the bastards go and get reconstructive surgery and you have to do it again- for free! Of course that rate is here in Michigan. Too much competition from other union thugs and goons. There are just so many of them here. I am thinking of relocating to a more friendly place like northern New Jersey.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #564
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,852

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    BS and more BS and you cannot find a shred of evidence that progressive taxes made the middle class stronger. what really spurred the middle class was the huge economic advantage the US had for the period after WWII to about 1960 being the only industrial power that had not been destroyed by the war
    The irony of you talking about others not finding evidence for their statements while you pontificate and make statements in the same post without providing any evidence of your own is delicious in the extreme.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #565
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The irony of you talking about others not finding evidence for their statements while you pontificate and make statements in the same post without providing any evidence of your own is delicious in the extreme.
    that was neither responsive nor relevant. no one can prove the wet dream of more taxes on the rich help the middle class



  6. #566
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,852

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that was neither responsive nor relevant. no one can prove the wet dream of more taxes on the rich help the middle class
    It fit perfectly.
    You complained about another poster Catawba - not supporting their statement about progressive taxation.
    You then made an alleged statement of fact about prosperity without supporting it with any evidence.
    You did the exact same thing you found fault with Catawba for doing.

    Just like you always do.

    Now you cannot even understand when you are criticized for doing something that you just did minutes ago. Its pathological I tell you.

    If somebody created a sitcom character who does just what you do it would be considered far too broad to be believable. I dno't care what position you take on any issue - just support it for heavens sake with facts and data that are verifiable. That is one of the the central parts of an exchange in a debate.
    Last edited by haymarket; 03-20-11 at 08:02 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #567
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I addressed your point. Read it again. 1. I haven't mentioned "endless supply". Therefore to keeping bringing it up is unnecessary. 2. You brought up how spending the "same amount of money appropriately" is just as good as spending increased funds appropriately. However, spending "the same amount of money" as underfunded schools already have helps nothing because they are ... underfunded for what they need to provide.

    Who defines underfunded? Is New York underfunded? Wisconsin? Who makes that decision??? Before one talks about "Give us more money," one needs to look at how it's being spent. That's my point. Your point, and Catawba's point, is, "We don't have enough money."

    Yes, it is, but you need to prove that this is the case with NY and you have not because you have not shown:
    1. What NY used its money on and how it does not contributes to helping education.
    2. That they actually did spend too much money.
    3. That their reforms have not worked...(Like I said, it took MA 10-12 years to reap the benefits of their reform - you don't know if NY hasn't worked because it hasn't had a significant amount of time to test).
    There are greater minds than mine (and yours, by the way) that can and must put their heads together to find the answer to, "How can we make better use of the money we have?" "What's the best way to spend dollars on education?" Is it being done? I don't know. But I know it needs to be in every single school district in this country. The consistent chant of "we-need-more-money-we-need-more-money" has definitely run its course.

    You keep using NY as an example of how more money doesn't help, but you have yet to show that NY's money has not helped or demonstrate any knowledge of how/when/if NY implemented its reforms. You keep showing large amounts of money and low scores without any point of reference as to when school reform happened and how/how long it is expected to kick in. Using NY is a faulty example no matter what though, because it's based on reforms that have not had enough time to show huge results. It's like giving a cancer patient radiation and trying to see if his cancer is cured the next day. MA reforms took 10-12 years to see results...wait and talk to me about NY then.

    And to answer your question: yes I do know the answer, but if you bring it up as evidence to support your claim, you should know too. (I'll give you a hint, the answer doesn't support your claim).
    You've already answered it -- with pontification. Please give me a link and kindly snip some part of it that substantiates your claim. This website is a place to get educated as much as it is to educate. Expecting posters to read through 5,000 words to find "an albeit brief reference" is ridiculous.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  8. #568
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,663

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It fit perfectly.
    You complained about another poster Catawba - not supporting their statement about progressive taxation.
    You then made an alleged statement of fact about prosperity without supporting it with any evidence.
    You did the exact same thing you found fault with Catawba for doing.

    Just like you always do.

    Now you cannot even understand when you are criticized for doing something that you just did minutes ago. Its pathological I tell you.

    If somebody created a sitcom character who does just what you do it would be considered far too broad to be believable. I dno't care what position you take on any issue - just support it for heavens sake with facts and data that are verifiable. That is one of the the central parts of an exchange in a debate.

    this is really pathological



  9. #569
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,852

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    this is really pathological
    Repeating what is told to you may be a good first step for you. It shows the advice is sinking in. Now all you have to do is to take what many have been telling you here and begin using supporting evidence from verifiable sources to support your opinions. Then you can be on the road to true debate.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #570
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    There are greater minds than mine (and yours, by the way) that can and must put their heads together to find the answer to, "How can we make better use of the money we have?" "What's the best way to spend dollars on education?" Is it being done? I don't know. But I know it needs to be in every single school district in this country. The consistent chant of "we-need-more-money-we-need-more-money" has definitely run its course.
    It's unfortunate that you think yourself incapable of tackling big problems like education, particularly as voter. Although, I do take pleasure in the fact that you want to impose your own limitations onto my intellect as well. One of my "friends" in high school did that once. We both applied to a particular college and she said to me, "I'm sure smarter people than us will get in". I got in and she didn't. Confidence is more than half the battle.

    Nonetheless, Catawba and I have addressed this question several times, but you chose to ignore it because you are unwilling to accept that there are people on this board who know more than you about education.

    Who defines underfunded? Is New York underfunded? Wisconsin? Who makes that decision??? Before one talks about "Give us more money," one needs to look at how it's being spent. That's my point.
    If you took more time to study education and particularly the states that you claim to know so much about, then you wouldn't ask these questions. Maybe I understand this more because my whole life via my family has been immersed in the incompetence of the Chicago Public Education system.

    Your point, and Catawba's point, is, "We don't have enough money.
    We've already been over this: no it's not. The point is: more money + appropriate use = better education.

    Read the study I gave you and find other studies for more information since you care so much. I've already done my research which is why I'm so confident in my answers to you. I rarely post in places where I haven't already studied the topic.

    BTW: I noticed that you didn't answer my questions that challenged your assertion that NY was a good illustration of your point. That just proves you weren't able to back up your main claim. You always move on to other topics when someone challenges your assertions.

    You've already answered it -- with pontification. Please give me a link and kindly snip some part of it that substantiates your claim. This website is a place to get educated as much as it is to educate. Expecting posters to read through 5,000 words to find "an albeit brief reference" is ridiculous.
    In your own words from another thread as directed to me:
    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD
    I have no particular desire to bring you up to speed.
    Last edited by ThePlayDrive; 03-20-11 at 09:07 PM.

Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •