Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 955

Thread: Unions threaten Business

  1. #41
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yessir and it's my right not to choose sides in a political pissin' contest and to be free from harrassment by a labor union, with millions of dollars at it's disposal in which to beat up on me and force me to choose a side.
    And if they don't want to buy from you for being neutral, that is their right. This right trumps your right, because it is their money to spend.

  2. #42
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So, what would you say if a President of the US told you not to buy X TV brand because he doesn't like the shape of the TV, if you do buy it however then he would withhold all services that he provides to you?
    I would say the president cannot withhold public services to political opponents. Your analogy is inappropriate.

    What would you say if Rush Limbaugh said you should withhold your patronage of Comcast unless they fire Rachel Maddow from MSNBC? Is that extortion?
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  3. #43
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So, what would you say if a President of the US told you not to buy X TV brand because he doesn't like the shape of the TV, if you do buy it however then he would withhold all services that he provides to you?
    I wouldn't like it, because the president couldn't avoid doing this in an official capacity, however, this is a different situation than we are discussing here.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    It certainly is

    How many conservatives stated they would not buy GM because of the bailout? A boycott in other words, how many conservatives boycott various stores for selling what they consider offensive music/videos. Religous groups boycotted Volvo for placing adds in magazines for gays.

    Yet I doubt you were upset by those boycotts now were you
    Stating 'I will not buy from so-and so- because of X', ia VASTLY different than an organized attempt to shut businesses down because someone doesn't like their politics. It's a pity you are unable to comprehend this.


    BTW... actually, yes... i would be opposed to threatening someones business for those other reasons you mentioned. So kind take your self righteous and sanctimonious attitude and place it some place dark and smelly.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    So you don't think its a fundamental right to choose who you purchase from?

    Also, whovian must hate christians

    Church boycotts Pepsi for supporting "acceptance of the homosexual lifestyle" | reasonWeekly
    perhaps you should read some of my other posts on this subject. Then you wouldn't continue to talk out of your ass about things you have no knowledge of.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Those people who are freaking out about this are reading way more into it then is there. Its simply an economic decision and nothing more.
    That is about the dumbest explanation for this union driven boycott I have yet to hear. Even you can't possibly believe this is not driven by the recent actions of the governor and legislature.

  7. #47
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    The following letter is being sent out from Wisconsin Unions/THE MOB to Wisconsin Business Owners.......



    Taking "Put the money in the bag.....or were gonna shut you down" to a whole new level.

    This ****ing disgusts me.....these power hungry union slobs are a disgrace to this country......and piss poor excuses for Americans. A Union of little thug dictators.......its no wonder they prostitute for The Democrat Party and The Kenyan Tyrant. Birds of a feather....
    .
    .
    .
    .
    The only thing I see wrong with this approach is that it did not start soon enough, I will definitely support any and all boycotts that target the supporters of those who try to take away the collective bargaining rights of any public or private worker. You should never wake up a sleeping giant. Gov Walker had an opportunity to negotiate a cost saving agreement with the teacher's union and he was not going to satisfied until he took away their right to have representation, we all have a right to assemble and work for the common good

    Every one should have had to sacrifice a little to help during these hard economic times, that includes the insurance companies that supply the benefits for these workers

  8. #48
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,305

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Well no more police protection for businesses, robbers gone wild!
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Its a POWERLESS THREAT. In the entire history of these United States there has been only 13 recalls that meet with any success...at any level. That's over a 230 year period. By the time this all plays out it will be late summer or early fall with all the legislation history, and considering the FACT that it is a handful of radical PROGRESSIVES who always vote for their radical agenda in attempting to disrupt the NORM...it will be the moderates and independents who elected these people in the first place that will make the difference. If the left could not convince these people of their agenda in the beginning the chances are slim to none they will be able to hold the attention span of these more moderate and CRITICAL THINKERS over the next 6 months. I am sure these OUT OF STATE interests have MILLIONS of DOLLARS and TIME to dedicate to Wisconsin when their agenda is being attacked all over the nation....I for one cannot wait for the Violence to begin and the hyperbole to end. Where are all those shallow unmarked graves the LEFT keeps threatening THE PEOPLE with.....

    But Good Luck. It will be ENTERTAINING as the next state falls, then the next....etc.
    Last edited by Walter; 03-12-11 at 05:40 PM.

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,354

    Re: Unions threaten Business

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    I would say the president cannot withhold public services to political opponents. Your analogy is inappropriate.

    What would you say if Rush Limbaugh said you should withhold your patronage of Comcast unless they fire Rachel Maddow from MSNBC? Is that extortion?
    Interesting analogy in that you think a loyal listenor of Rush Limbaugh would also be a viewer of Rachel Maddow.

Page 5 of 96 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •