Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

  1. #1
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Update: Recorded NPR Exec Makes Resignation Immediate (With Juan Williams Reax) | The Blaze

    After conservative activist James O‘Keefe’s Project Veritas released footage of a staged meeting with two executives from National Public Radio early Monday, NPR released statements Monday confirming the immediate resignation of Ron Schiller, NPR’s senior vice president for development and president of the NPR Foundation.

    “While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR’s values and also not reflective of my own beliefs. I offer my sincere apology to those I offended,” Schiller announced in a statement. “I resigned from NPR, previously effective May 6th, to accept another job. In an effort to put this unfortunate matter behind us, NPR and I have agreed that my resignation is effective today.”
    ......


  2. #2
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Update: Recorded NPR Exec Makes Resignation Immediate (With Juan Williams Reax) | The Blaze

    After conservative activist James O‘Keefe’s Project Veritas released footage of a staged meeting with two executives from National Public Radio early Monday, NPR released statements Monday confirming the immediate resignation of Ron Schiller, NPR’s senior vice president for development and president of the NPR Foundation.

    “While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR’s values and also not reflective of my own beliefs. I offer my sincere apology to those I offended,” Schiller announced in a statement. “I resigned from NPR, previously effective May 6th, to accept another job. In an effort to put this unfortunate matter behind us, NPR and I have agreed that my resignation is effective today.”
    ......
    This is just too rich.
    Can we say... ALL MEN ABOARD... BULL**** ALERT... BULL**** ALERT...BULL**** ALERT
    NPR ‘appalled’ by former exec’s comments - Yahoo! News

    "Sincere apology... I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR’s values..." why do I and probably many others believe this is pure drivel. That he meant what he said, probably enjoyed it, and being at the helm he reflected the sentiment of the vast majority at NPR?

    I also like the opening line in his statement in paragraph 2, and the use of the word "ruse". It wasn't a ruse. It wasn't entrapment. Nobody tricked him into saying that. He had that sentiment about republicans and The Tea Party, was given the opportunity to express it and wholeheartedly did. The only "ruse" is that NPR believes it's an open minded news organization, when they're nothing more than Frontline journOlists.

    And he calls Republicans and The Tea Party xenophobic and racist?

    Yes NPR is appalled... (for by and large) having being exposed.

    Your tax dollars at work for you.



    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-09-11 at 01:05 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #3
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    This is just too rich.
    Can we say... ALL MEN ABOARD... BULL**** ALERT... BULL**** ALERT...BULL**** ALERT
    NPR ‘appalled’ by former exec’s comments - Yahoo! News

    "Sincere apology... I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR’s values..." why do I and probably many others believe this is pure drivel. That he meant what he said, probably enjoyed it, and being at the helm he reflected the sentiment of the vast majority at NPR?

    I also like the opening line in his statement in paragraph 2, and the use of the word "ruse". It wasn't a ruse. It wasn't entrapment. Nobody tricked him into saying that. He had that sentiment about republicans and The Tea Party, was given the opportunity to express it and wholeheartedly did.

    And he calls Republicans and The Tea Party xenophobic and racist?

    Yes NPR is appalled... (for by and large) having being exposed.

    Your tax dollars at work for you.



    .
    Exposed at what? Notice he wasn't fired. He quit, he was leaving the company anyway. They denied the fake money and this executive makes it clear that he doesn't like the Tea Party. As I have pointed out on the other thread that already exists (and Mellie posted on which begs the question of why she reposted another thread), NPR would be appalled since they would never attack the Tea Party like that.

    I suppose that is what they are appalled at and what everyone is so angry at. That he thinks the Tea Party is largely anti-intellectual and xenophobic. Am I correct?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Ideological chest beating in spirit of victory

    /participated in thread.

  5. #5
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    Update: Recorded NPR Exec Makes Resignation Immediate (With Juan Williams Reax) | The Blaze

    After conservative activist James O‘Keefe’s Project Veritas released footage of a staged meeting with two executives from National Public Radio early Monday, NPR released statements Monday confirming the immediate resignation of Ron Schiller, NPR’s senior vice president for development and president of the NPR Foundation.

    “While the meeting I participated in turned out to be a ruse, I made statements during the course of the meeting that are counter to NPR’s values and also not reflective of my own beliefs. I offer my sincere apology to those I offended,” Schiller announced in a statement. “I resigned from NPR, previously effective May 6th, to accept another job. In an effort to put this unfortunate matter behind us, NPR and I have agreed that my resignation is effective today.”
    ......
    BFD, who cares?


  6. #6
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I suppose that is what they are appalled at and what everyone is so angry at. That he thinks the Tea Party is largely anti-intellectual and xenophobic. Am I correct?
    no, they're upset that he got caught.

  7. #7
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    no, they're upset that he got caught.
    Right, NPR the giant evil empire that is being taken down by O'Keefe with his, again edited, video of a person saying he doesn't like conservatives! Wow, great job O'Keefe, you found someone who has a political lean!
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  8. #8
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Right, NPR the giant evil empire that is being taken down by O'Keefe with his, again edited, video of a person saying he doesn't like conservatives! Wow, great job O'Keefe, you found someone who has a political lean!
    This guy said the horrible things he did just like the ACORN employees. O'Keefe cannot put words in people's mouths. They all willingly spoke their minds not knowing they were being taped and got fired for it. GOOD.

    I wonder what leftie group is trying to hatch a plan to infiltrate FreedomWorks or The Tea Party Express or something.......


  9. #9
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    This guy said the horrible things he did just like the ACORN employees. O'Keefe cannot put words in people's mouths. They all willingly spoke their minds not knowing they were being taped and got fired for it. GOOD.

    I wonder what leftie group is trying to hatch a plan to infiltrate FreedomWorks or The Tea Party Express or something.......
    What did he say that is horrible? He doesn't like the Tea Party! Oh well. You stick up for Glenn Beck, and you think this guy stepped over the line? He isn't a pundit, he was speaking candidly about his own beliefs. He doesn't have an audience of millions of people that he tries to convince on a daily basis.

    He has a right to have an opinion about the Tea Party, like it or not. Why are his comments so "horrible", and the things Beck or Limbaugh say daily acceptable? And it's not even a fair comparison since Beck and Limbaugh are pundits and this guy was just sharing his political views with someone who asked.

    *Edit:

    Let's be honest, Mellie, this is just a hit job to take down one of the only decent news organizations left.
    Last edited by whysoserious; 03-09-11 at 01:54 PM.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: NPR Exec Resigns (Juan Williams reacts)

    Found a liberal at NPR, get a rope...

    and our attempts to bait them into taking money from a fake terrorist organization failed too, shucks, I'm sure we'll catch them for being terrorist eventually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •