Massachusetts has just become the first state to recognize the Pirate Party as an official party that will be on ballots in that state. And how will you know a member of the Pirate Party when you see one? Here are a few clues:You can now register as a Pirate when you fill out your voter registration form. When choosing a party, simply enter Pirate in the space for Political Designation. You can pick up a voter registration form at your city elections office or town clerk’s office or request one be sent to you from the Massachusetts Elections Division at their voter registration request page.
1) They talk kind of funny.
2) They worship some kind of weird flying pasta being that has a noodly appendage.
3) Every day, they place their prayer mats on the ground, facing east, toward Sweden, and pray to Pirate-Bay.
4) If the weatherman says that it is going to rain a torrent, they rush from their TVs to their computers.
5) Those who give money to the party are known as seeders, while those who don't are known as leechers.
6) They read newspapers with funny names, like Wikileaks.
7) Their party platform is........ Actually, they don't know what their platform is, because someone hacked into their web site and stole it.
8) They advocate for an open internet, a completely open internet, where anything goes. They call it virtual mud wrestling, and scalp tickets for it. Those who don't purchase tickets make copies off the internet and use those instead.
9) They are angry about the government spying on us, which they found out by spying on the government.
10) They claim to live in a country founded on the ideals of life, liberty, and the pursuit of political hackery. Pardon the pun..... Nah, don't pardon it, and please try to laugh.
Article is here.