Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 441

Thread: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

  1. #261
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago area
    Last Seen
    11-06-13 @ 06:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    234

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    If the majority of the population is for the unions than my thought is that they will be OK with this move I certainly don't have a problem with it since it is proper to do what one can when someone is attempting to remove a fundamental right.
    I see. You believe it is a fundamental right to fleece the taxpayer? I am willing to wager that, like a majority on this board, most Wisconsin voters do not understand the scope these unions are willing to go to, to hide the truth from the taxpayers. Once the facts are fully digested, the average Wisconsin voter will side with the governor.

  2. #262
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,748

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Either they made their money off liberals, or they live in Hollywood.

    Otherwise, not so much.

    Al Gore is rich. Michael Moore is rich. Business folks who worked and received favors from Clinton or Obama are rich. I'll give you that.

    You'd be hard-pressed to find self-made business folks who have earned their way to a comfortable life supporting liberal handout idiocy.
    Well I see the NBA players association is supporting the Wisconsin public employee unions. Those big guys have lots of $$$$$$. Members of the world champion Packers also. I do not think they work at Wal Mart saying Welcome in their off season.

    I don't know of anybody who supports liberal handout idiocy. I certainly don't and some here think I am Leon Trotsky.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #263
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    So I guess this means that you got all you information about this from watching it on MSNBC* because that is the only station a liberal watches right ?? Or maybe you got it from Media Matters another leftist only view .. it must have been one of them two .

    That makes about as much sense as your statement, now doesn't it.
    I got some online and from NPR, but mostly I got it from on here discussing the topic with people on here. I don't watch cable news networks.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #264
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergolfpar View Post
    I see. You believe it is a fundamental right to fleece the taxpayer? I am willing to wager that, like a majority on this board, most Wisconsin voters do not understand the scope these unions are willing to go to, to hide the truth from the taxpayers. Once the facts are fully digested, the average Wisconsin voter will side with the governor.
    Business owners do, on a regular basis. My wife brought home a brochure from a company that provides audio systems to schools.
    This particular company was offering home use type consumer electronics packaged in a roll around cabinet and calling it a professional sound system. They wanted $3,000 for it, which included a 3 year warranty and some training on how to use it.
    I priced the items at Best Buy, and could get it all except the cabinet for about half.
    We went to Guitar Center/city? and asked them what they could do for us, basically asking for a school discount. We got real professional equipment for $2700, my son and I put it together in a hundred dollar cabinet we got from another store, and delivered it to the school. The money was PTSO funds, not tax dollars, but still, the company was attempting to fleec the school district with substandard crap.
    Another time my wife brought home a laptop computer. The school IT guy said it needed a new mother board and it would have to be sent out for repairs to the tune of many hundreds of dollars.. I opened it up and found a loose connection, repaired it, returned it.
    Businesses that supply schools fleece the taxpayers routinely. Ignorant school employees don't know squat about the equipment they buy, and the vendors know that.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #265
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago area
    Last Seen
    11-06-13 @ 06:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    234

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Business owners do, on a regular basis. My wife brought home a brochure from a company that provides audio systems to schools.
    This particular company was offering home use type consumer electronics packaged in a roll around cabinet and calling it a professional sound system. They wanted $3,000 for it, which included a 3 year warranty and some training on how to use it.
    I priced the items at Best Buy, and could get it all except the cabinet for about half.
    We went to Guitar Center/city? and asked them what they could do for us, basically asking for a school discount. We got real professional equipment for $2700, my son and I put it together in a hundred dollar cabinet we got from another store, and delivered it to the school. The money was PTSO funds, not tax dollars, but still, the company was attempting to fleec the school district with substandard crap.
    Another time my wife brought home a laptop computer. The school IT guy said it needed a new mother board and it would have to be sent out for repairs to the tune of many hundreds of dollars.. I opened it up and found a loose connection, repaired it, returned it.
    Businesses that supply schools fleece the taxpayers routinely. Ignorant school employees don't know squat about the equipment they buy, and the vendors know that.
    My god, I can't believe I'm about to do this, but I am going to come to the defense of the school district (possibly--I have no way of knowing if this applies to school districts or not but it does to the highly regulated company I work for).

    As someone who who does the purchasing for my department in the company I work for, we are only able to order out of one catalog. This is mandated by the state, who has a whole division of enforcement officers on property. Regardless, we must purchase (state law for my company) a certain percentage of products from minority and women owed business's. The term is MBE/WBE (look it up). These catalogs are 3 inches thick full of typical office supplies and the like.

    The first time I purchased from such catalogs, I was aghast at the prices! Everything was approximately double retail value. Let me give you an example of something I ordered last week for my office. A vertical filing cabinet (4 rows high, 26 inches deep)....the price $350 plus shipping. I saw the exact same cabinet at Office Depot just the other day for $119! It makes me ill every time I purchase from the MBE/WBE which I am mandated to do.

    Utah I can't tell you with any degree of accuracy (because I don't know for sure) but my guess is the purchasing person at the local school district that grossly over-paid for the item, was doing her purchasing from just such a catalog.

    Now follow the money...what type of political candidates do you suppose the owners of the MBE/WBE's support in elections? How much do these business owners contribute to political campaigns for various candidates to maintain their monopolies on office supplies in return for laws which mandate MBE/WBE products being purchased? Hardly a free market? My company does not complain as we just pass these costs on to the _________________ (fill in the blank--this is a test).

    In other words, these politicians have created a nice little ratchet for themselves to ensure their continued election victories. In the meantime the public is being nailed with a stealth tax that no one even knows about, least of all the consumer who ends up paying the tax in the end.

    Utah, my guess is what you saw with the piece of equipment was a MBE/WBE purchase out of a similar catalog. I would bet $10,000 that I am indeed correct.

    If you don't believe me, ask any bar owner in the Chicagoland area how much he pays for a case of beer? He will say something like $40. But that is more a union thing and a story for another day. I do believe I did at least open your eyes a bit.

    Correct answer: Customer

  6. #266
    User TANK BODINE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-14-11 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    I know EXACTLY what a teacher does. I could walk into a school and have little problem on the first day doing what they do..... and thats with zero training. My good friend is a teacher.... I dated two teachers. What they do is EASY! Even my friend said "its a cake walk"!!!!
    So YOU sir can not tell me otherwise!!!
    Sure their job is important..... a truck drivers job is VERY important. A guy that plow the road when it snows.... THAT job is very important. A salesmans job is very important! A soildiers job is VERY important.

    Your view of teachers is WRONG!!!!! Wrong wrong wrong!!!!
    I have to say I'm real fascinated by this.

    So let me get this right, you banged two teachers, your good friend the middle manager at 'wally world' is a teacher & because of them you KNOW you could do this in your sleep.

    Being a teacher for you ain't much above working at Burger King, if I got you right, or you where banging a middle manager burger king 'teacher' and have closet longings for your best friend, anyway...

    According to you basically it ain't fermented fecal matter.

    so.

    If that that's the case I'm sure you'll tell us what you do that is so obviously harder, more complicated, deals with people skill interactions & has a concerted plan for dealing with a long term framework for shaping young minds.

    And obviously since it's so Burger King, middle manager 'easy' you'll be able to provide us with your Syllabus for how you'd teach like those money grubbing teachers of the public commons.

    Right guy?

    Please' informatate' us.

  7. #267
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,122

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergolfpar View Post
    Once the facts are fully digested, the average Wisconsin voter will side with the governor.
    Interesting. What exactly do you know that the average Wisconsin voter does not know?

  8. #268
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by TANK BODINE View Post
    I have to say I'm real fascinated by this.

    So let me get this right, you banged two teachers, your good friend the middle manager at 'wally world' is a teacher & because of them you KNOW you could do this in your sleep.

    Being a teacher for you ain't much above working at Burger King, if I got you right, or you where banging a middle manager burger king 'teacher' and have closet longings for your best friend, anyway...

    According to you basically it ain't fermented fecal matter.

    so.

    If that that's the case I'm sure you'll tell us what you do that is so obviously harder, more complicated, deals with people skill interactions & has a concerted plan for dealing with a long term framework for shaping young minds.

    And obviously since it's so Burger King, middle manager 'easy' you'll be able to provide us with your Syllabus for how you'd teach like those money grubbing teachers of the public commons.

    Right guy?

    Please' informatate' us.
    I think Noodle is a used car salesman, and not a very reputable one at that. See 'I need advice' thread in The Tavern.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  9. #269
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergolfpar View Post
    I see. You believe it is a fundamental right to fleece the taxpayer? I am willing to wager that, like a majority on this board, most Wisconsin voters do not understand the scope these unions are willing to go to, to hide the truth from the taxpayers. Once the facts are fully digested, the average Wisconsin voter will side with the governor.


    if you say so.

    However, the fundamental right is the right to association.

  10. #270
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: $101,091: Annual Compensation for Average Milwaukee Teacher

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevergolfpar View Post
    My god, I can't believe I'm about to do this, but I am going to come to the defense of the school district (possibly--I have no way of knowing if this applies to school districts or not but it does to the highly regulated company I work for).

    As someone who who does the purchasing for my department in the company I work for, we are only able to order out of one catalog. This is mandated by the state, who has a whole division of enforcement officers on property. Regardless, we must purchase (state law for my company) a certain percentage of products from minority and women owed business's. The term is MBE/WBE (look it up). These catalogs are 3 inches thick full of typical office supplies and the like.

    The first time I purchased from such catalogs, I was aghast at the prices! Everything was approximately double retail value. Let me give you an example of something I ordered last week for my office. A vertical filing cabinet (4 rows high, 26 inches deep)....the price $350 plus shipping. I saw the exact same cabinet at Office Depot just the other day for $119! It makes me ill every time I purchase from the MBE/WBE which I am mandated to do.

    Utah I can't tell you with any degree of accuracy (because I don't know for sure) but my guess is the purchasing person at the local school district that grossly over-paid for the item, was doing her purchasing from just such a catalog.

    Now follow the money...what type of political candidates do you suppose the owners of the MBE/WBE's support in elections? How much do these business owners contribute to political campaigns for various candidates to maintain their monopolies on office supplies in return for laws which mandate MBE/WBE products being purchased? Hardly a free market? My company does not complain as we just pass these costs on to the _________________ (fill in the blank--this is a test).

    In other words, these politicians have created a nice little ratchet for themselves to ensure their continued election victories. In the meantime the public is being nailed with a stealth tax that no one even knows about, least of all the consumer who ends up paying the tax in the end.

    Utah, my guess is what you saw with the piece of equipment was a MBE/WBE purchase out of a similar catalog. I would bet $10,000 that I am indeed correct.

    If you don't believe me, ask any bar owner in the Chicagoland area how much he pays for a case of beer? He will say something like $40. But that is more a union thing and a story for another day. I do believe I did at least open your eyes a bit.

    Correct answer: Customer
    My experiences are in Utah and Idaho, which are not like Illinois. The political/criminal element hasn't entirely taken over the western states yet.
    I would expect that very large purchases have to go out for bids, whether here or in your state.
    Smaller purchases are likely the only difference.
    OTOH, if politics and unions weren't involved, it is likely the corruption would just be done at a more local level. On the news last week we heard that a group was formed, using money from several school districts, that was supposed to find ways to improve education in those school districts. Much of the money was spent lavishly on seminars out of state. They basically vacationed at resorts, dining well, playing golf, etc. at taxpayer expense.
    We need to prosecute these kinds of actions.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •