Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 173

Thread: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,862
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Really, now can you realistically tell if a person is sick or not? What kind of possible convincing evidence could they have?

    Dems see it as a political ploy. Me too Reps see it the way Burry sees it.

    ricksfolly
    If they are too sick to show up for work they dang well better not show up on a camera outside of thier home that same day protesting. Because if you are well enough to go outside to a protest you're damn well feeling good enough to come into work.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #82
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Just like Reagan did; break, break, break the public unions. do not let them get away with this crap.

    Three union workers who called out sick to attend a labor rally at the New Jersey Statehouse last week have been suspended.

    The move comes a day after Gov. Christie told NBC New York in an interview that "people who call in sick better be sick." Christie issued his warning ahead of another labor rally that drew thousands on Thursday...

    The county said the workers were among 14 in the department who called out sick; officials alleged that 174 developmentally disabled adults who depend on the county's services ended up "waiting for buses that never came."

    "These employees are being suspended without pay based on the fact that we have evidence to prove that they were not home sick as they had claimed," said Lillian Burry, a county official.

    The union representing the workers, the Communications Workers of America(CWA) put out a statement through its District One calling this a "politically-motivated attack on public workers who perform vital services."..

    State Sen. Joe Kyrillos (R-Monmouth), who first complained of a "sick-out," applauded officials for the suspension, noting some workers were "caught on camera" at last week's rally. He wants officials to keep reviewing video to see "if others were absent without proper excuse."..
    Christie isn't making this as a stance or act against UNIONS

    He's making it as a stand or act against people who are LYING about being out sick.

    Two very different things - get your facts straight.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #83
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    so he's comintmiting agreession againstthose who committ fraud


    but he's going after unions members


    tomayto tomahto

  4. #84
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,990

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by ricksfolly View Post
    Not much different than it was a 150 years ago when blacks were slaves to the plantation owners.

    ricksfolly
    Yes, amazingly comparable...

    Remember all those stories of Slaves being paid tens of thousands a year, having full medical/dental/vision insurance, a retirement plan, and accural of sick and annual leave while typically working in good working conditions for roughly 40 hours a week with two days off and where "punishment" is usually being "written up" or at most suspended from having to work for a few days rather than having your back whipped or being removed from your family?

    Yep. Not much different than slaves.

    For ****s sake...people sometimes boggle my mind.

  5. #85
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    really? i don't. in fact i work for the government and if i tried that my boss could legally throw me in jail.
    true dat, if most of these people lived under our rules, brother, their fuzzy little heads would explode!
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #86
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yeah!!!!! Get big government out of our lives. Right. Of course now Jabba the Guv is going to want to see your stool sample if you claim to have been ill. Jabba the Guv wants to be our mommy. Cute.


    Really? This is what has passed for debate? Calling the Governer fat because scumbag union workers faked a sick day?

    They all should have been fired.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:19 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,882

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Really? This is what has passed for debate? Calling the Governer fat because scumbag union workers faked a sick day?

    They all should have been fired.
    And all this time I thought you believed making fun of politicians by giving them amusing nicknames was clever.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #88
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And all this time I thought you believed making fun of politicians by giving them amusing nicknames was clever.

    what would give you that impression?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #89
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Which is your way of saying that you have no contractual language of any kind to use to prove anything. You claim that these people should be disciplined but you can show no real language to demonstrate that they did anything illegal or in violation of their contract.

    Typical.
    No more typical of you "claiming" something illegal was done, with nothing to back it up ..

  10. #90
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    so he's comintmiting agreession againstthose who committ fraud


    but he's going after unions members


    tomayto tomahto
    Funny, then, that 'union' issues are what made these people decide to dog out of work.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •