Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 173

Thread: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

  1. #161
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Rallies are so idiotic anyway.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Are they even challenging it? (hint, No, they are not).

    link please.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #163
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    link please.


    Please address the rest of my post.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #164
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Rallies are so idiotic anyway.


    Of course they are in this case, look at the participants.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Please address the rest of my post.
    one step at a time.

    Provide a link for your allegation that the workers and their union are not challenging these charges.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #166
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    one step at a time.

    Provide a link for your allegation that the workers and their union are not challenging these charges.


    Yes, step one, answer my post in full. There will be no forthcoming link as of now as it was on 880 radio today.


    What is so hard about the questions I posed?




    Do you have statements from the three suspended regarding this matter? Are they even challenging it? (hint, No, they are not).

    As I have said, I heard it on AM880, you are free to refute it with your own links.



    Do you support union members lying to managment by claiming sick days to attend rallys? yes or no please.

    Please answer.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    We still operate on the presumption of innocence.
    If 'Person A' shoots someone dead, and there is a video CLEARLY showing them commit the act... are they still innocent, or does the video prove them guilty.

    If 'Union worker A' calls in sick, and there is a video CLEARLY showing them attending a rally in public... are they still innocent, or does the video prove them guilty?

    The answer in both cases is NO, they are NOT still innocent... the video PROVES them guilty. The formalities, however, must be observed.

  8. #168
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You see rev & Maggie & Zyphlin - I am NOT accusing these folks of anything.... folks like YOU are accussing them.
    Actually its the governor that is making the accusation. We're simply speaking based off the facts provided by both the Governor and the Union thus far. You're speaking based off.......jack and ****?

    In this nation, until the fascists take over at least, we are still innocent until proven guilty.
    Buzzwords are cute, look at you, throwing "fascist" around like you even know how it actually applies. This isn't a legal action. As I already pointed out, when it comes to action taken against you by your employer you need to be able to prove you were illegally wronged. If their contract doesn't allow for the Governors action they simply would need to provide the contract as their defense and if the governor's people couldn't pin point anything from said contract then they'd have a case. However, they've not done that.

    By the way, YOU'VE not done that either.

    They violated the code of ethics of NJ. If their contract allows them to violate that and get away with it, then you need to provide proof of that.

    It is more than revealing that in the more than ten days this story has been around, not one person here or nationally has published such information. That is very very telling and shows me you have nothing or it would have been revealed by now.
    Yes it is telling. No ones published it because no one needs it because its irrelevant to this. If it was relevant and had something in it that would defend these people, the union or these individuals would've released it by now. They would've challenged it on grounds other than it simply being too harsh. If the idiocy and bull**** you are spewing actually was legitimate you WOULD see the media talking about it. They're not, NO ONE IS, except for you because its ****ing retarded and illogical.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Actually its the governor that is making the accusation. We're simply speaking based off the facts provided by both the Governor and the Union thus far. You're speaking based off.......jack and ****?



    Buzzwords are cute, look at you, throwing "fascist" around like you even know how it actually applies. This isn't a legal action. As I already pointed out, when it comes to action taken against you by your employer you need to be able to prove you were illegally wronged. If their contract doesn't allow for the Governors action they simply would need to provide the contract as their defense and if the governor's people couldn't pin point anything from said contract then they'd have a case. However, they've not done that.

    By the way, YOU'VE not done that either.

    They violated the code of ethics of NJ. If their contract allows them to violate that and get away with it, then you need to provide proof of that.



    Yes it is telling. No ones published it because no one needs it because its irrelevant to this. If it was relevant and had something in it that would defend these people, the union or these individuals would've released it by now. They would've challenged it on grounds other than it simply being too harsh. If the idiocy and bull**** you are spewing actually was legitimate you WOULD see the media talking about it. They're not, NO ONE IS, except for you because its ****ing retarded and illogical.
    post of the day. I award you 1,000,000 points.

  10. #170
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Gov Christie suspends union members for fake calling out sick

    Haymarket,

    Please provide the contract that shows that these employees are exempt from following the New Jersey code of ethics.

    I've already provided a document that they are beholden to as state employees that they've violated by performing the actions they've been shown to have done by the people who preside over this case. If you are stating that said document doesn't apply to them, or that there is another document that supercedes it, its incumbant upon YOU to provide that. You have not produced a single solitary thing suggesting that their violation of the NJ code of ethics for public employees is not punishable by some other sort of contract.

    As far as your illogical and ignorant continual utterance of a strawman with "innocent until proven guilty", show me evidence...by showing the supposed contract you believe exists with information that would defend these people but so far no reputable source anywhere has acknowledged...that this would be a LEGAL matter and thus the state needs to meet the burden of proof required by a court and not a matter of employement where the employer needs enough ample proof to feel that action is required.

    As I've said this entire time, the side saying that these people were wrong and action is legitimate have:

    1. Presented the NJ Code of Ethics with the specific provision they violated
    2. Links to stories stating that "proof" was supplied and that people were caught on camera
    3. Links to stories showing the Unions response was not one where they stated the claims of being at the rally were false but rather than no one should be fired because no one missed a medical appointment
    4. Shown that the state took action with no evidence presented thus far of significant action taken to counter the suspensions
    5. state that if people did lie to their bosses that they deserve punishment

    You've put forward:

    1. That there might be a contract that might supercede the NJ code of ethics
    2. That there might be a contract that prohibits them from being fired for this
    3. That the proof might not be real
    4. That people shouldn't be fired for lieing about being sick

    All of your things are based on zero facts, zero legitimate information, zero credibile sources. ALL of it is baseless speculation based on nothing but your own thoughts. While those arguing Christie is in the right are doing so based off of actual credible sources, actual statements by the Union, an actual document in the New Jersey code of Ethics, and these crazy things that you seem to refuse to use called "Facts"

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •