Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 80

Thread: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

  1. #51
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Again, not a woman. But you must have had a bad experience with females if you call people who treat you badly as females automatically.



    Not relevant to my post.

    It is merely an example of you entirely failing to fact check (or even properly read) your own data.



    No, it didn't. The Comptroller said at the moment Texas was operating at a deficit, and that unless there was a fix for the upcoming biannual fiscal year, the deficit would be $10 billion. So they were in a deficit in the current year, and projections for the upcoming were $10 billion. You did not bother to read what she said. At least 10 other people pointed this out to you.



    That was the $10 billion. You failed to notice she said that the state was in a deficit at the moment. Meaning she was talking about TWO, read them TWO different deficits.



    So you don't actually have a rebuttal? Check.



    You're the liberal remember.

    You know, staying on topic is helpful. But if you did that, you'd lose even faster.
    If TX operated at a Deficit it violated the TX Constitution. I live in TX so what makes you an expert? Oh, I forgot, you are an expert on everything.

  2. #52
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    If TX operated at a Deficit it violated the TX Constitution.
    And that stopped them before?

    Btw, look up what "cumulative" means.

    And Nominal. And Real.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #53
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And that stopped them before?

    Btw, look up what "cumulative" means.

    And Nominal. And Real.
    Good lord, Kid, realize you aren't the expert you think you are. TX operates on a two year budget that has to be balanced and was. There is a projected deficit for the next two years that the legislature is working on now. It will balance the budget without raising taxes and without touching the 9 billion dollar rainy day fund. Carry on, bet you live in California but are an expert on other states' finances.

  4. #54
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good lord, Kid, realize you aren't the expert you think you are.
    This coming from a user who cannot define "operating deficit" despite being asked to a dozen times.

    TX operates on a two year budget that has to be balanced and was.
    On PAPER. However, OPERATING the government from time to time never results in the inflows matching the outflows. So, while on paper the 2010/2011 budget was balanced, the actual balances of the funds of the Texas government did not match, thereby generating a deficit.

    You basically don't get this because you don't understand what an "operating deficit" means. You seem to think that just because on paper the budget is balanced that means the actual operations are balanced. Tax revenues don't march in line with budget projections. Furthermore, in biannual fiscal planning, the end of the 2nd year doesn't often allow for rebudgeting in the same fashion as the original biannual budgetary process.

    There is a projected deficit for the next two years that the legislature is working on now. It will balance the budget without raising taxes and without touching the 9 billion dollar rainy day fund. Carry on, bet you live in California but are an expert on other states' finances.
    See above. You don't get it. At all.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #55
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    This coming from a user who cannot define "operating deficit" despite being asked to a dozen times.



    On PAPER. However, OPERATING the government from time to time never results in the inflows matching the outflows. So, while on paper the 2010/2011 budget was balanced, the actual balances of the funds of the Texas government did not match, thereby generating a deficit.

    You basically don't get this because you don't understand what an "operating deficit" means. You seem to think that just because on paper the budget is balanced that means the actual operations are balanced. Tax revenues don't march in line with budget projections. Furthermore, in biannual fiscal planning, the end of the 2nd year doesn't often allow for rebudgeting in the same fashion as the original biannual budgetary process.



    See above. You don't get it. At all.
    Right, I don't get it at all, why does anyone waste their time with you. I live in TX, why do TX finances bother you so much? Don't you have enough problems in your state?

  6. #56
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Right, I don't get it at all
    Want to define "operating deficit" for me? Or are you going to run away for the 13th time?

    why does anyone waste their time with you. I live in TX, why do TX finances bother you so much? Don't you have enough problems in your state?
    None of the above. It's just an example of you being wrong, failing to fact check and then having the gall to say others don't get it.

    Notice you aren't able to refute me.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #57
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Want to define "operating deficit" for me? Or are you going to run away for the 13th time?



    None of the above. It's just an example of you being wrong, failing to fact check and then having the gall to say others don't get it.

    Notice you aren't able to refute me.
    As I have stated over and over again, you are a legend in your own mind. In your mind no one can ever refute you. Have a good one.

  8. #58
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As I have stated over and over again, you are a legend in your own mind. In your mind no one can ever refute you. Have a good one.
    I guess that's why you never try. Run away. For the 13th time. You called Sheik that too. Even after he quoted the BLS saying it was cumulative. I guess citing data within the links you provided as evidence as to why your arguments is wrong is "legend in your own mind."

    "that's cumulative. It says so right there. In the link you provided. you're wrong"

    "you are a legend in your own mind!"
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #59
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I guess that's why you never try. Run away. For the 13th time. You called Sheik that too. Even after he quoted the BLS saying it was cumulative. I guess citing data within the links you provided as evidence as to why your arguments is wrong is "legend in your own mind."

    "that's cumulative. It says so right there. In the link you provided. you're wrong"

    "you are a legend in your own mind!"
    I have seen no evidence that Discouraged workers is cumulative and why would it be since none of the other numbers are cumulative. Here is what the Employment Summary states

    Among the marginally attached, there were 1.0 million discouraged workers in February, a decrease of 184,000 from a year earlier.
    So where is the evidence that the number is cumulative and not monthly? I suggest you don't buy information given you by another liberal just because that is what you want to believe. Maybe you ought to do a better job fact checking since you take great pride in your research.
    Last edited by Conservative; 03-05-11 at 11:10 PM.

  10. #60
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Gallup says 10.3%
    BLS says 9.7%
    The Obama administration says 8.9% Gov. Report puts unemp rate at 8.9%


    someone is lying.
    The BLS numbers you quoted were from January. February's BLS data is 8.9.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •