Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 80

Thread: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

  1. #31
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Good question. But you won't find Obama Bashers willing to admit that he's in many ways, Bush III.
    A lot of liberals won't admit it either, unfortunately. In many ways he is too much like Bush for comfort.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 03-05-11 at 02:00 PM.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    A lot of liberals won't admit it either, unfortunately. In many ways he is too much like Bush for comfort.
    Obama is finding it easier to campaign than it is to govern and a lot harder to lead especially since he has never been in that position. I see no comparison between Bush and Obama as Obama has no core principles and values. Bush has more class than Obama will ever have and I will take the Bush 8 year results today over what we have in the office right now.

  3. #33
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama is finding it easier to campaign than it is to govern and a lot harder to lead especially since he has never been in that position. I see no comparison between Bush and Obama as Obama has no core principles and values. Bush has more class than Obama will ever have and I will take the Bush 8 year results today over what we have in the office right now.
    For someone who believes in the supremacy of the private sector you sure give government way too much credit, and expect way too much from government with respect to its abilities to influence the economy at large. At this point both monetary and fiscal policies are pretty much maxed out. Now its up to the private sector to start using the insane pile of cash it's sitting on.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    For someone who believes in the supremacy of the private sector you sure give government way too much credit, and expect way too much from government with respect to its abilities to influence the economy at large. At this point both monetary and fiscal policies are pretty much maxed out. Now its up to the private sector to start using the insane pile of cash it's sitting on.
    You think the Private sector created the 14.3 trillion dollar debt? The private sector is under no obligation to use the cash IT EARNED. Better be careful what you wish for as Cuba, Venezuela, and of course Russia aren't great booming successes.

  5. #35
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You think the Private sector created the 14.3 trillion dollar debt? The private sector is under no obligation to use the cash IT EARNED. Better be careful what you wish for as Cuba, Venezuela, and of course Russia aren't great booming successes.
    Do you make a habit out of creating straw men? I'm talking about the economy (as in GDP and unemployment), not the debt. No, the private sector is not obliged to use the cash per se, but in the interest of restoring a healthy economy that's what they should be doing, since nobody else really has the ability to restore the economy. You emphasize the importance of the private sector and its primacy in the economy, yet lay all the blame at the feet of Obama when the economy fails. Someone tell me that I'm not the only one who sees the inherent contradiction in this attitude.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 03-05-11 at 02:21 PM.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Do you make a habit out of creating straw men? I'm talking about the economy (as in GDP and unemployment), not the debt. No, the private sector is not obliged to use the cash per se, but in the interest of restoring a healthy economy that's what they should be doing, since nobody else really has the ability to restore the economy.
    Restoring a healthy economy is in the interest of private business whose sole purpose for being in business however is to make a profit. The only "business" not in business to make a profit is the govt. Today that govt. is 3.7 trillion dollars, name for me a private business that big? Too many people here focus on what the private sector does instead of focusing on what the public sector does. No private sector business is going to invest in employment without knowing what their costs are going to be and the Obama administration policies affect that cost.

    I do agree with you however that it is going to be the private sector that turns the economy around. The first two years in office Obama created too much uncertainty in that sector and thus the pocketed the cash they EARNED and didn't hire. Obama has done a lot of harm with his agenda and until he starts repealing some of his agenda it is going to be a slow uphill climb back to a strong growing economy.

  7. #37
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Bush has more class than Obama will ever have and I will take the Bush 8 year results today over what we have in the office right now.
    After 8 years Bush doubled the debt, created a recession and left the country on the brink of another great depression. Only a complete moron would be happy with those results. Not even going to mention the worst attack on US soil in history occurred during those 8 years.
    Last edited by USA_1; 03-05-11 at 02:25 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  8. #38
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    After 8 years Bush doubled the debt, created a recession and left the country on the brink of another great depression. Only a complete moron would be happy with those results.
    That is your opinion not supported by economists or even basic civics. Economists say TARP prevented a depression and Obama used the crisis to expand the role of govt. and implement a far leftwing agenda which has added 3.5 trillion in 2+ years to that debt you are now concerned about. Obama at this rate will add more debt in three years than Bush added in 8 and Obama didn't have 9/11 which cost a trillion dollars or the Iraq War. "Never let a good crisis go to waste" is exactly what Obama has done and too many continue to buy the rhetoric.

  9. #39
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Restoring a healthy economy is in the interest of private business whose sole purpose for being in business however is to make a profit. The only "business" not in business to make a profit is the govt.
    Totally agree.

    No private sector business is going to invest in employment without knowing what their costs are going to be and the Obama administration policies affect that cost. I do agree with you however that it is going to be the private sector that turns the economy around. The first two years in office Obama created too much uncertainty in that sector and thus the pocketed the cash they EARNED and didn't hire. Obama has done a lot of harm with his agenda and until he starts repealing some of his agenda it is going to be a slow uphill climb back to a strong growing economy.
    I think at this point it's safe to assume that Obama isn't going to add much more to his economic policies since the public sector's ability to affect the economy is pretty much at the end of its rope. This should provide a degree of certainty and enable private businesses to plan for the future, and really it's now on the private sector moving forward.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Gallup Finds U.S. Unemployment Hitting 10.3% in February

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Totally agree.



    I think at this point it's safe to assume that Obama isn't going to add much more to his economic policies since the public sector's ability to affect the economy is pretty much at the end of its rope. This should provide a degree of certainty and enable private businesses to plan for the future, and really it's now on the private sector moving forward.
    That is true plus the fact that he cannot get any expansion of his agenda through the Republican Controlled House. Wonder if Obama will take credit for any deficit reduction initiated by the GOP House?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •