Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

  1. #1
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    It's past time to, "meddle", in Libya. At least get our people out.

    Right now, in Libya, there are hundreds of Americans waiting for evacuation … by ferry.

    Seriously. The State Department has chartered a ferry to take the hundreds of waiting Americans to Malta. But rough seas have delayed the ferry’s departure until Friday.

    Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya « Hot Air
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #2
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,961
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Wow. This is seriously embarrassing. A military superpower who can project forces anywhere in the world, has to get its people out of a dangerous country that is going to hell via a ferry?

    This is a sad day.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Wow. This is seriously embarrassing. A military superpower who can project forces anywhere in the world, has to get its people out of a dangerous country that is going to hell via a ferry?

    This is a sad day.
    Can't, or won't? I think it's more of the latter and our Chump in Charge is to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,208

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    These people went to work for big bucks avoiding US taxes in a dangerous country, and now they feel entitled to premier class rescue at the US taxpayers expense? Let them buy their own way home.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  5. #5
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,613
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    The airports are either closed or in a war zone. Candians chartered a plane and have 200 citizens stranded at Tripoli airport... but they can't get there. America has hundreds of people to evacuate and are taking as many non-citizens as possible. A ferry holds a hell of a lot more people than a plane.

    I know it's difficult, but let's not make every topic in the forum about Obama. I wouldn't mind if it was amusing, but it's not. It's boring. I dislike being bored.

  6. #6
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    These people went to work for big bucks avoiding US taxes in a dangerous country, and now they feel entitled to premier class rescue at the US taxpayers expense? Let them buy their own way home.
    Uncle Sam typically bills evacuees for the service...

    And if your salary is high enough, U.S. expats DO pay U.S. taxes...
    Last edited by ludahai; 03-03-11 at 02:41 AM.
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  7. #7
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,048

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    The airports are either closed or in a war zone. Candians chartered a plane and have 200 citizens stranded at Tripoli airport... but they can't get there. America has hundreds of people to evacuate and are taking as many non-citizens as possible. A ferry holds a hell of a lot more people than a plane.

    I know it's difficult, but let's not make every topic in the forum about Obama. I wouldn't mind if it was amusing, but it's not. It's boring. I dislike being bored.
    Quoted for being the most rational post so far on this thread.

    If one of those planes was shot down with a whole bunch of US civilians on it we'd never stop hearing about how Obama was rash in trying to get a plane in and out of a warzone while loaded with civilians.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #8
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's past time to, "meddle", in Libya. At least get our people out.
    I dont see the big deal here. The UK govt chartered a ferry as well. What is the big deal about using a ferry to take many people from one place to another? Thats what they,re designed for......... hence they name
    Last edited by Red_Dave; 03-03-11 at 06:51 AM.

  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    I dont see the big deal here. The UK govt chartered a ferry as well. What is the big deal about using a ferry to take many people from one place to another? Thats what they,re designed for......... hence they name
    Damn, I though they were named that because they had wings and sparkled.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  10. #10
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Quoted for being the most rational post so far on this thread.

    If one of those planes was shot down with a whole bunch of US civilians on it we'd never stop hearing about how Obama was rash in trying to get a plane in and out of a warzone while loaded with civilians.
    But then we wont get to blow anything up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •