Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

  1. #11
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,239

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    There are two US warships in the Suez Canal now. Perhaps they can help the British and others repatriate the Egyptian migrant workers stranded in Tunisia.

    Libya: Three British Chartered Planes Fly Thousands Of Egyptians Home After They Fled Violence | World News | Sky News
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    We still have to be careful about how we handle this Libyan situation. The last thing America needs is to get involved in another war of any kind.

    As for getting out people out, let's try to remember there is a revolt/civil war going on not only in Libya but across most of the Arab world. And as war-time events go, they are always rift with chaos and disorder. Evacuation attempts are always part and parcel to that. I feel for my fellow Americans who are stranded throughout these troubled countries, but there's just gonna have to seek shelter and wait it out until American/NATO transports can get in and rescue them.

  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    I dont see the big deal here. The UK govt chartered a ferry as well. What is the big deal about using a ferry to take many people from one place to another? Thats what they,re designed for......... hence they name
    The United States has the most powerful navy in the world and we rent a friggin' ferry boat?

    And, if that's not enough, they rented a ferry boat that was too small to handle the rough seas!

    But no. Instead, the Obama Administration's response was to hire a commercial ferry from Malta. The Maltese Ferry was no falcon (apologies to Humphrey Bogart), swooping in to swiftly fly our endangered Americans to safety. Once it reached Tripoli harbor, it sat there for three days because the seas were too rough for it to sail. (I bet an American destroyer would not have delayed sailing because of weather.) So once our embattled Americans escaped from our unsafe embassy, they had to endure three days on a ferryboat unsuited to the venture -- all the while wondering if or when Gaddafi's planes or tanks might blow it and them out of the water.

    The American Spectator : Ferry Diplomacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #14
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    We still have to be careful about how we handle this Libyan situation. The last thing America needs is to get involved in another war of any kind.

    As for getting out people out, let's try to remember there is a revolt/civil war going on not only in Libya but across most of the Arab world. And as war-time events go, they are always rift with chaos and disorder. Evacuation attempts are always part and parcel to that. I feel for my fellow Americans who are stranded throughout these troubled countries, but there's just gonna have to seek shelter and wait it out until American/NATO transports can get in and rescue them.
    Yeah, when Qadaffi threatened to kill Americans, Obama gladly backed down. Whatta pussy we have for a president.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #15
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Americans left to take the ferry from war-torn Libya

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    I dont see the big deal here. The UK govt chartered a ferry as well. What is the big deal about using a ferry to take many people from one place to another? Thats what they,re designed for......... hence they name
    A (D) did it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •