Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 115

Thread: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

  1. #71
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    They were not broke. but keep believing the Obama hype.
    They absolutely were broke and saved by the FED and Forced/arranged mergers.

    And at least get your wrong claims straight. That was the BUSH/Paulson "hype"/FACT.

    Another empty apparachik here.

    This board is full of one-line, know-nothing, Partsian Hacks who can't back anything they say and have no clue what they're talking about.
    It's Comical and sad.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #72
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    And still waiting for Badmutha to Substantiate or Apologize to the board for his OP Claim that Obama "promised us a profit".

    Quote Originally Posted by me
    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha
    From your bible.......G.M. Shares Must Hit New Heights to Pay Back U.S. - NYTimes.com
    What's that?

    Here's YOU OP Claim:
    Quote Originally Posted by BadMutha OP

    Remember......Obama told us that "we would make a profit" from bailing out the UAW Union of Slobs.........the same for TARP.
    Link for THAT "make a profit" Claim or Withdraw and Apologize to the board.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha
    As stated before......a belief that without Obama (government) it would have been worse.......and when its worse.....it would have been worser.....

    .....is to believe government has the solution to every government created disaster.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    TARP was absolutely necessary.
    It was all over.
    There's no question to anyone with even ANY basic financial understanding whatsoever.

    BTW, do you feel adding these dots/length
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Gives your goofy claims any more weight?
    Last edited by mbig; 02-28-11 at 02:40 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    And still waiting for Badmutha to Substantiate or APOLOGIZE to the board for his OP Claim that Obama "promised us a profit".
    Big this is common knowledge........as Obama made the claims on numerous occasions........

    After devoting two seconds of searching......

    TARP for Fun, But Not Profit - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

    During the economic policy speech he just wrapped up, President Obama said that the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP) "is going to reap billions in profits."
    Obama On Financial Stability, PAYGO - Forbes.com

    And while we know that we will not escape the worst financial crisis in decades without some losses to taxpayers, it's worth noting that in the first round of repayments from these companies the government has actually turned a profit.--Barack HusSame Obama
    Whenever you get that TARP dividend check or Government Motors profit sharing check........you let us know.
    .
    .
    .

  4. #74
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    Whenever you get that TARP dividend check or Government Motors profit sharing check........you let us know.
    .
    .
    .
    TARP is now estimated to cost $28 Billion to save the whole US Financial and Jobs infrastructure.. down from the original Bush Price tag of 750 Billion.
    It may Yet Yield a profit.

    Even if it doesn't, this is UNBELIEVABLY Cheap to save the whole US and world economic system (Banks, Brokers, Car companies, etc) from total ruin of the Bush-caused Depression.
    Last edited by mbig; 02-28-11 at 02:56 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    TARP is now estimated to cost $28 Billion to save the whole US Financial and Jobs infrastructure.. down from the original Bush Price tag of 750 Billion.
    It may Yet Yield a profit.
    Only on government stationary.....the same way PORKULUS created millions of jobs........

    Even if it doesn't, this is UNBELIEVABLY Cheap to save the whole US and world economic system (Banks, Brokers, Car companies, etc) from total ruin of the Bush-caused Depression.
    We passed unbelievably cheap about $14,000,000,000,000.00 ago.......

    Now your mind is made up and its doubtful to change.......as nobody can say for certain what would of or wouldnt of happened.....there is no way for me to prove to you what would of happened without TARP and the GM bailout. But let me use PORKULUS as an example...........which also "saved us from a great depression"

    This is what the Obama administration promised......



    .......Obama set the objective.....defined Success and Failure.....the goal posts were anchored.


    This is the excrement sandwhich we received........

    Unemployment Rate since Obama's Stimulus/"Jobs Bill"


    ....by any measurement..........an EPIC FAIL. But its the belief that without government it would have been worse.....and when its worse.....it would have been worser......is the reason government gets the green light to create Government disasters to solve Government created disasters.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    Big....whenever you have that apology for wrongful accusations ready......

    ......me and my TARP dividend check are waiting.
    .
    ..
    .

  7. #77
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Only on government stationary.....the same way PORKULUS created millions of jobs........



    We passed unbelievably cheap about $14,000,000,000,000.00 ago.......

    Now your mind is made up and its doubtful to change.......as nobody can say for certain what would of or wouldnt of happened.....there is no way for me to prove to you what would of happened without TARP and the GM bailout. But let me use PORKULUS as an example...........which also "saved us from a great depression"

    This is what the Obama administration promised......



    .......Obama set the objective.....defined Success and Failure.....the goal posts were anchored.


    This is the excrement sandwhich we received........

    Unemployment Rate since Obama's Stimulus/"Jobs Bill"


    ....by any measurement..........an EPIC FAIL. But its the belief that without government it would have been worse.....and when its worse.....it would have been worser......is the reason government gets the green light to create Government disasters to solve Government created disasters.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Lots of IRRELEVANT Info and still the extra 4 dots for length. While laughing at your dots at first, I now realize they're the best part of your posts.

    Is there a point to ANY of what you posted or is this just general hackery/spaghetti at the wall?
    (and 2 'photobucket'/UNsourced Charts to boot)
    Last edited by mbig; 02-28-11 at 03:29 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  8. #78
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by BadMutha
    Quote Originally Posted by mbig
    And still waiting for Badmutha to Substantiate or APOLOGIZE to the board for his OP Claim that Obama "promised us a profit".
    Big this is common knowledge........as Obama made the claims on numerous occasions........

    After devoting two seconds of searching......

    TARP for Fun, But Not Profit - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

    During the economic policy speech he just wrapped up, President Obama said that the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP) "is going to reap billions in profits."

    And while we know that we will not escape the worst financial crisis in decades without some losses to taxpayers, it's worth noting that in the first round of repayments from these companies the government has actually turned a profit.--Barack HusSame Obama
    Whenever you get that TARP dividend check or Government Motors profit sharing check........you let us know.
    The first source is a BLOG, and I can find only 4 other BLOGS but No credible sources for that "quote".

    The second source is Forbes
    http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/09/bar...ext-paygo.html
    and it does NOT say what you claim.
    It says:

    "....And while we know that we will not escape the worst financial crisis in decades without losses to the taxpayers, it is worth noting that in the first round of repayments from these companies, the government has actually turned a profit.".."
    Which is true and NOT pre-claim for the overall program.
    So your "common knowledge" is more like "common misconception" of partisan hacks.
    The first quote probably a perversion/mischaracterization of the second more accurate Forbes one.
    Last edited by mbig; 02-28-11 at 03:58 AM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Lots of IRRELEVANT Info and still the extra 4 dots for length. While laughing at your dots at first, I now realize they're the best part of your posts.
    Big are you by chance a lifelong Democrat voter?

    .........I can see no other reason for your great disdain for the facts and truth that have been presented.

    Is there a point to ANY of what you posted or is this just general hackery/spaghetti at the wall?
    (and 2 'photobucket'/UNsourced Charts to boot)
    The top chart comes from the Obama Administration........the second from BLS.......that pain your feeling comes from the Truth.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: GM Falls Below IPO Price as Rising Oil Dims Truck Outlook

    General Motors Co.‘s recent stock offering was staged to start paying back the government for its $50 billion bailout, but one group made out much better than the taxpayers or other investors: the company’s union.

    Thanks to a generous share of GM stock obtained in the company’s 2009 bankruptcy settlement, the United Auto Workers is well on its way to recouping the billions of dollars GM owed it — putting it far ahead of taxpayers who have recouped only about 30 percent of their investment and further still ahead of investors in the old GM who have received nothing.
    GM's union recovering after stock sale - Washington Times

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •