Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-energy

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    The free market will change, but it will change only when it has to. So, yes, it will change when oil prices are so high that people are not willing to buy them. Then, there will be a market shift and people will be willing to buy other products. Unfortunately, the public will find that they can't buy these products because no infrastructure to produce them has been built. So there will be years of waiting as new plants, turbines, panels, etc are being produced - and the scarce availability of them will cause prices to skyrocket as well.

    So if you want to wait for the free market to shift, that's fine, and it appears you aren't alone. However, if you wait too long, I think you might find that China and other countries will have beat us to the punch and then we'll be at their mercy.

    *Edit:

    As you said, necessity is the mother of invention. Using foresight, we can see necessity in our future. We can either use this foresight as an opportunity to be ahead of the curve and innovate, or we can wait until the last possible second to adapt. The choice is ours, of course, but as long as we aren't kidding ourselves about the necessity that awaits us then I think we are on the same page.
    And, the government needs to stay out of it. Let the market regulate itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, the government needs to stay out of it. Let the market regulate itself.
    This argument is absolute insanity.

    A combination of the two have to be used to tackle problems. The free market on its own cannot solve all, an energy crisis is looming for all of us, and eventually the government is the one everyone turns to in those times anyway because it is a great irony for many conservatives who say less government this, less government that, and then when there's a crisis like Katrina or the oil spill "GOVERNMENT SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT"!

    As so when the coming energy crisis comes and prices go through the roof, who will be to blame? The government who allowed themselves to be bought off as well as the private sector for keeping everyone on the oil teet and dickheads claiming mandatory fuel efficiency standards is "SOCIALISM!"

    So whether its oil companies bribing car companies to not go electric or make their cars more efficient to keep America on the oil teet or claiming clean coal is the way of the future

    We're all ****ed, and it's all our faults.

  3. #23
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This argument is absolute insanity.

    A combination of the two have to be used to tackle problems. The free market on its own cannot solve all, an energy crisis is looming for all of us, and eventually the government is the one everyone turns to in those times anyway because it is a great irony for many conservatives who say less government this, less government that, and then when there's a crisis like Katrina or the oil spill "GOVERNMENT SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT"!

    As so when the coming energy crisis comes and prices go through the roof, who will be to blame? The government who allowed themselves to be bought off as well as the private sector for keeping everyone on the oil teet and dickheads claiming mandatory fuel efficiency standards is "SOCIALISM!"

    So whether its oil companies bribing car companies to not go electric or make their cars more efficient to keep America on the oil teet or claiming clean coal is the way of the future

    We're all ****ed, and it's all our faults.
    I think that's where you're going wrong. You see a crisis that doesn't actually exist. You want people to believe that there is a crisis, so you can push your green energy agenda. Doing so is no worse than the global warming hoax.

    The only crisis that exists now, is the government's over-reaching interference in the private sector.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #24
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think that's where you're going wrong. You see a crisis that doesn't actually exist. You want people to believe that there is a crisis, so you can push your green energy agenda. Doing so is no worse than the global warming hoax.

    The only crisis that exists now, is the government's over-reaching interference in the private sector.
    So you're saying that we aren't going to eventually face an energy crisis?

    I'm not doing this to fit any kind of Agenda or tax you more or take over your life apdst, I'm worried about this because it's a genuine threat to all of us.

  5. #25
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I think that's where you're going wrong. You see a crisis that doesn't actually exist. You want people to believe that there is a crisis, so you can push your green energy agenda. Doing so is no worse than the global warming hoax.

    The only crisis that exists now, is the government's over-reaching interference in the private sector.
    You don't think peak oil is a crisis? If we don't have other options for energy when oil begins to become scarce, what do we do then? How will your trucking business work?

  6. #26
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So you're saying that we aren't going to eventually face an energy crisis?
    If the government stays out of it, we won't. If there's a, "crisis", it will be because the government created it, just like the government is trying to pass global warming legislation.

    I'm not doing this to fit any kind of Agenda or tax you more or take over your life apdst, I'm worried about this because it's a genuine threat to all of us.
    I think you've bought into too much of the warmer propaganda. You can't start screaming, "energy crisis", after the government has shut down domestic oil and gas production.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #27
    Educator TheBook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Last Seen
    11-28-11 @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    880

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Part of the reasoning for more renewable energy is national independence. So that our leaders aren't stuck eating out of Saudi Arabia or Egypt's hand in fear. Currently many leaders in the middle east know that they have control over our nation, because they control the oil flow.

    Besides, we are already seeing hybrids and electric cars (we've been seeing them for decades, but up until recently they have often been suppressed by people on oil company payrolls) that are selling quite well. We're seeing cars that will go over 80 miles on an electric charge alone.

    I personally don't have any kind of "green energy agenda." I'm not really sure what that's even supposed to mean. I just would like to see some independence in my country.
    “The more you know, the harder it is to take decisive action. Once you become informed, you start seeing complexities and shades of gray. You realize that nothing is as clear and simple as it first appears. Ultimately, knowledge is paralyzing.” - Bill Watterson
    Who Is Chicago Ted?

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You don't think peak oil is a crisis? If we don't have other options for energy when oil begins to become scarce, what do we do then? How will your trucking business work?
    No, I don't think it's a crisis, because it's as big a hoax as global warming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBook View Post
    Part of the reasoning for more renewable energy is national independence. So that our leaders aren't stuck eating out of Saudi Arabia or Egypt's hand in fear. Currently many leaders in the middle east know that they have control over our nation, because they control the oil flow.

    Besides, we are already seeing hybrids and electric cars (we've been seeing them for decades, but up until recently they have often been suppressed by people on oil company payrolls) that are selling quite well. We're seeing cars that will go over 80 miles on an electric charge alone.

    I personally don't have any kind of "green energy agenda." I'm not really sure what that's even supposed to mean. I just would like to see some independence in my country.
    More propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #30
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Confirmed: Obama administration sunk $535 million in Porkulus funds in green-ener

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If the government stays out of it, we won't. If there's a, "crisis", it will be because the government created it, just like the government is trying to pass global warming legislation.
    Classic head in the sand.

    There's only so much oil in this world, and only so many places in can be produced and transported around this world, with countries like China gaining more and more affluence, and the world in general, more and more oil is going to be consumed....

    Demand will eventually go above production and thats where you get your energy crisis. Come now, this is grade 5 **** we're talking about. There will not be enough oil to last us forever, and when the **** hits the fan, what wil you do then? Everyone will cry to gubmit to save them, as they ALWAYS do.

    Government has NOTHING to do with it. I don't care about no Global Warming Legislation.

    I think you've bought into too much of the warmer propaganda. You can't start screaming, "energy crisis", after the government has shut down domestic oil and gas production.
    Yes, because there's enough oil in the gulf to take you off foriegn oil tommorow...

    What kind of an argument is this?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •